ADVERTISEMENT

Dynamic prices for Ohio State game. Wow.

The hotels are even out of control
To stay over on Ohio state game night

Which hotels? There are so many hotel rooms within 30 miles of Rutgers Stadium, that I can't imagine the game having an impact on hotel prices (other than at the Hyatt and Heldrich).

The stadium holds about 50K fans. You have to figure that 40K of those fans are local and would not need hotel rooms. So that is 10K fans, maximum, looking for hotel rooms. There are about 50K hotel rooms within 30 miles of New Brunswick, not counting hotel rooms in NYC.

That person isn't a fan. They are a scalper.

OSU is the only game he's selling, although he may be willing to sell Michigan State if the price is right. There are many RU season ticket holders out there who are looking to recoup the cost of their season tix as best they can. I don't condone this practice but I understand the thought process among the fan base.

Let's not act like we're surprised by this practice, which is actually pretty widespread among our fan base.

The scars run deep for long time RU FB fans. lol

I see this going one of two ways---people are forced to buy season tickets in order to be able to go to osu.

People buying season tickets and selling osu in order to better afford the other prime games---Nebraska, msu.

Either way it's good for ru attendance.

Which hotels? There are so many hotel rooms within 30 miles of Rutgers Stadium, that I can't imagine the game having an impact on hotel prices (other than at the Hyatt and Heldrich).

The stadium holds about 50K fans. You have to figure that 40K of those fans are local and would not need hotel rooms. So that is 10K fans, maximum, looking for hotel rooms. There are about 50K hotel rooms within 30 miles of New Brunswick, not counting hotel rooms in NYC.

I have young kids and live in northern nj. I like to rent at the Hilton for night games or midday games.

That way I can tailgate, have a few drinks, cab it and enjoy the pool the following morning. Washington st and msu weekend 125 the night.

Osu weekend- 250 a night w a two night minimum

OSU is the only game he's selling, although he may be willing to sell Michigan State if the price is right. There are many RU season ticket holders out there who are looking to recoup the cost of their season tix as best they can. I don't condone this practice but I understand the thought process among the fan base.

Let's not act like we're surprised by this practice, which is actually pretty widespread among our fan base.

The scars run deep for long time RU FB fans. lol

Don't condone either but can certainly understand it. Rutgers has driven up the cost of Attendance and more significantly the Cost to Park ( i.e. Donations needed for Priority Points) reasonably close to walking distance to the Stadium. Hence many long time fans might need to sell some tickets to offset this ever increasing expense.

It's $300 for a season ticket. What is there to recoup?

$300 ?
Have you heard of the required Seat Donation each ticket ( student fund)?
Do you know what the Donation Cost it is to Park in the Yellow & Blue Lots ? If one is older or has kids , these Lots are the manageable walks. $1000- $1500 + in Donations might not be much for you but it is for a lot folks it is.

I have young kids and live in northern nj. I like to rent at the Hilton for night games or midday games.

That way I can tailgate, have a few drinks, cab it and enjoy the pool the following morning. Washington st and msu weekend 125 the night.

Osu weekend- 250 a night w a two night minimum

Wow! Find a different hotel a little further away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT