ADVERTISEMENT

Forget the NCAA

Was hoping for a win and am disappointed but let's face it, the loss was really not unexpected--how many Big teams win 3 straight road wins and I don't think we've won 5 league games in a row even dating back to the bigeast days. Love the fact we can play meaningful games this late in season but fans getting too high or too low often need reality checks. NIT is certainly doable and would be an accomplishment at this stage but even an Nit bid will be tough.

Can't do anything about the first 3/4 of the season - finish strong enough to get an NIT birth and we should all be happy. Obviously wasn't the goal, but finishing strong and having some promising and/or solid pieces for next year would be a very good thing.

To me , the NIT is the start of the next season. Of course, the main guys for next year won't be here yet, but this is auditions for playing time for the players who will be.

More practices. Mores reps. More exposure. NIT is same as a low level bowl game. Take the extra time.
Not translate-able, it’s not football, don’t need the extra games, how much good did the summer tour do? Answer zero. It is also going to be a completely different team next year, especially if Cliff doesn’t come back.
I could make a strong case it would be better for Mag and J Mike to rest and cross train for next year.
In the age of the transfer portal NIT is even more worthless. It is not 1990!

Not translate-able, it’s not football, don’t need the extra games, how much good did the summer tour do? Answer zero. It is also going to be a completely different team next year, especially if Cliff doesn’t come back.
I could make a strong case it would be better for Mag and J Mike to rest and cross train for next year.
In the age of the transfer portal NIT is even more worthless. It is not 1990!
Some of the old timers want to relive our memorable moments in that Stinky tournament . The magical wins over temple and West Virginia in 2004. The memorable losses against Manhattan, Hofstra and yale .
Or the classic loss to Kent state against future RU coach Gary Waters ! Oh the memories.

• Haha
Reactions: socaldave
Some of the old timers want to relive our memorable moments in that Stinky tournament . The magical wins over temple and West Virginia in 2004. The memorable losses against Manhattan, Hofstra and yale .
Or the classic loss to Kent state against future RU coach Gary Waters ! Oh the memories.
There is Something to what you are saying, except for the 1 run we had that lead to nothing.
I have ptsd from the loses you mentioned, 😂

Reactions: Plum Street
There is Something to what you are saying, except for the 1 run we had that lead to nothing.
I have ptsd from the loses you mentioned, 😂
That 2004 run blows up the theory that it will help the team the next year. The team was awful in 2005 and that led to Fred hill jr being put on waters staff.

dont forget uncle bob forcing rutgers to play at Hawk Hill and St Joes for Waters last game after unexpectedly winning at Penn State in the first round

dont forget uncle bob forcing rutgers to play at Hawk Hill and St Joes for Waters last game after unexpectedly winning at Penn State in the first round
Mulcahy wanted his man FHJ at the helm so bad he told the NIT committee that RU would not host any NIT games under any circumstances. He did everything he could to prevent Waters from finishing the season on a high note.

• Angry
Reactions: bac2therac
How could I forget ??

Oh wait I did
you remember all those big nit matchups

fordham, manhattan, james madison, hofstra

running train on West Virginia, Temple and Villanova

the days of njn games of the week saying because of RU's proximity to new york, a .500 record is all they need

NIT banners parading at MSG while we took over the trains and Mustang Sallys or was it Harrys

Why would I not want to see my favorite team continue playing? Get in the best tourney we can make and win as many games as possible!

But first, Purdue!

Reactions: RUDiddy777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT