ADVERTISEMENT

Full Court Pressing without Mag

Rhuarc

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
As a fan, I don't know why we do it so much without him. It doesn't really seem to be working and it seems to just be tiring out our players even more when we are playing with such a short bench. Thoughts?

Reactions: MiloTalon13
They probably full court press to minimize opponents time to run their half court offense..

I wish we would do it a little less intense and a little more loose so we are in better position to pick up man …

Everybody is right, plus teams started preparing for our press more as the season went on.

Everybody is right, plus teams started preparing for our press more as the season went on.
They weren’t more prepared it was gone once we lost Mag and I agree we should not press with out Mag basically useless and like I think it gives our opponents too many easy baskets

Other than last game they have been using a very passive press, the players are not getting tired from it so let's just stop this nonsense.

And the whole point of the press when it's full pressure is to force turnovers and make the other team work harder getting up the court. But without Mag, they can't use it to their advantage much anymore.

As a fan, I don't know why we do it so much without him. It doesn't really seem to be working and it seems to just be tiring out our players even more when we are playing with such a short bench. Thoughts?
We do it to shorten the shot clocks o teams have left time less time to run their offense. Many times teams are just setting up their offense with 15 seconds left on the shot clock that basically gives them about 10 seconds to find a shot as. Opposed to 20 or 25.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
The press isn’t effective without Mag. Hyatt stinks at it. We don’t have the depth to run it right. Can’t afford for Caleb to pick up fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT