ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Iowa

The refs took our big man out the game early...that's all. Johnson is our heart and soul on Defense to get us going. IOWA gets a biased whistle and not sure why. I have my suspicions...

C- might be the best grade we can get when we lose Myles early in the 1st half on a couple cheap foul calls playing a Top 20 team.
Listen.... We were - 14 on free throws and because of the late makes only - 5 on 3pt shots. That's - 19 in those two areas. We outscored them in regular fgs. Had Myles stayed in we would have stretched that gap and would have probably cut down the gap on FTs. Woukd have been a closer game but probably still would have lost because of our 3pt shooting.

It's not far fetched. THey are a great team. They are hardly an easy out for anyone.

I agree with you. With an inside outside combo and the right matchups yes. They are not always on but when you have one of the top 5 players in the country yes you are a legit final 4 contender

Reactions: RUTRINI
geo played very tentative at times like an Indecisive way.
He should have a lot more confidence and take a game over

We have an inside outside game IF our selfish perimeter players would just give the ball to Myles in the post. Our best play is when RHJ gets the high post and Myles on low post..2man game there we barely use

Reactions: Kbee3 and goru7
Personally thin Douc should have played. He is the only big man that has anybpost moves and would attack Garza

Iowa getting to the final four would be a minor miracle imho. They are way too streaky their guards aren’t great and they don’t play good defense.
They would need a very friendly whistle to get that far in the Tourney. We had them beat at the RAC but bricked it away at the foul line. Tonight's game was a refeering freebie for them.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
Uhhhh because we aren’t that good

We are good. When you are ranked 25th in the AP, the people voting think that you are pretty good.

Maybe not you, but we might not be Gonzaga or Baylor, but we actually are pretty good and should get better.

Best of Luck,
Groz

We are good. When you are ranked 25th in the AP, the people voting think that you are pretty good.

Maybe not you, but we might not be Gonzaga or Baylor, but we actually are pretty good and should get better.

Best of Luck,
Groz
I respect you Groz...I hope so

I respect you Groz...I hope so

Thanks. I think you are too emotional after a game that we didn't play well and STILL had an outside chance to get right back into it if we capitalized on a couple of key plays.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Who? Weiskamp? They're not similar at all besides being white guys. Weiskamp can actually play defense and is ana all around player. Robinson shoots 3s. That's it.
Sorry but no way you can start for a Pat Riley run franchise
if you can't guard your man. One of these days, we'll stop
this absurd focus on race

Damn I missed Jaden Jones. I turned it off around the 2 mintue mark lol
Was nice to see.. but he looked lost in scrub time. Not sure you can make a read based on that kinda thing.. hopefully we see more time on the positive side of things soon.. 'bout time we blew someone out again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT