ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY: 2023 Rutgers Football Scarlet-White Spring Game Thread

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ

What to watch for in the Scarlet-White Spring Game

SPRING PRACTICE HUB (VIDEOS, ARTICLES, ETC. FROM CAMP)

RECRUIT VISITOR LIST....

Does the game time weather look like 50F, rain and 10-15 mph winds?
Why would you suggest this TODAY? Yesterday, maybe fearing this scenario made sense.. but the rain has already departed and it was easy to see that it would at the time of your post.

55 degrees and overcast.. that is a problem?

Fu5hVjSX0AEJHbg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of dead unfortunately.
The format has to change around the country, as the days 8-9 years ago when multiple teams were drawing an excess of 50,000 has dwindled.

I think what they should do is have more of a scrimmage against the lower level team, be at FCS or D2 but one they do not compete with directly for recruits exposure, etc.

It should excite the fan base a little more than scrimmaging against your own team, when you’re not sure who to root for because if the O is doing well, your questioning the defense or if the defense is excelling, you may think the O is not very good.

And there’s no / limited tackling and it looks more like a two and touch game.

Just my two Cents.

The format has to change around the country, as the days 8-9 years ago when multiple teams were drawing an excess of 50,000 has dwindled.

I think what they should do is have more of a scrimmage against the lower level team, be at FCS or D2 but one they do not compete with directly for recruits exposure, etc.

It should excite the fan base a little more than scrimmaging against your own team, when you’re not sure who to root for because if the O is doing well, your questioning the defense or if the defense is excelling, you may think the O is not very good.

And there’s no / limited tackling and it looks more like a two and touch game.

Just my two Cents.
FubINy7XsAEG9A4

What to watch for in the Scarlet-White Spring Game

SPRING PRACTICE HUB (VIDEOS, ARTICLES, ETC. FROM CAMP)

RECRUIT VISITOR LIST....
BTN showing the UMD game from last year? Odd. Doesn't exactly get one amped for the spring game. That's a tape that should be burned.

BTN showing the UMD game from last year? Odd. Doesn't exactly get one amped for the spring game. That's a tape that should be burned.
I turned on BTN and RU is down 30-0 to MD early in the 4th quarter. Anyone think that we might make a comeback? 😀

This game is not much of an appetizer before watching the Spring Game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbee3
The weather is fine, as expected since yesterday. A little rain and a little wind, but nothing to whine about. Great first drive with some nice passes by Wimsatt and some nice runs by Salaam, although he's not a short yardage back.

Wow .. we need to find a QB. Wimsatt looks like he has regressed. Still No Accuracy at all.
Maybe to see the new QB recruit..

The weather is fine, as expected since yesterday. A little rain and a little wind, but nothing to whine about. Great first drive with some nice passes by Wimsatt and some nice runs by Salaam, although he's not a short yardage back.

Weather really isn’t fine..at least 10 minutes from Piscataway. Very nasty out

Reactions: bac2therac
Wow .. we need to find a QB. Wimsatt looks like he has regressed. Still No Accuracy at all.
Maybe to see the new QB recruit..

You two watching the same game?

Somebody posted recently twice that by season’s end Ajani Sheppard will be the stater. Need a portal transfer fo sure.

Reactions: Knightmoves
On the O the OL and RB looks to be improved as has been discussed in other threads. But QB and WR need help. DB’s look good but the rest of the D looks challenged.

We have the smallest 300 lbs. ers in college football …I know coach Butler does a great job right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT