ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY: 2023 Rutgers Football Scarlet-White Spring Game Thread

I’d recommend people stop trying to analyze this team based on a friendly scrimmage in front of fans in the rain. Let’s all relax
The only thing I really hope is we're not seriously considering Dremel as the #1 option. Because right now it's all Wimsatt is looking at.

On the O the OL and RB looks to be improved as has been discussed in other threads. But QB and WR need help. DB’s look good but the rest of the D looks challenged.
It ain’t the RB room and yes , I realize it’s a spilt squad but why is it every B1G team still looks much bigger especially upfront. Does BTN purposely use cameras that change the size appearance of our players on purpose. The Maryland SG game was a hype Locksley and Taulia.

I’d recommend people stop trying to analyze this team based on a friendly scrimmage in front of fans in the rain. Let’s all relax
Practice is where coaches evaluate players. If your QB has accuracy issues in practice since the day he arrived on campus it is not going to improve during the games, football just doesn't work that way.

The only thing I really hope is we're not seriously considering Dremel as the #1 option. Because right now it's all Wimsatt is looking at.
According to Eric Dremel ( who I like) and Rochelle are looking good. But we need much more at WR. Thomas Amankwa should have been kept at WR and that’s not only my perception.

The observation on QB accuracy is real. There is none. WR also does not seem impressive. Does not bode well for offense this season. Not impressed with special teams either. Then again it’s only spring so maybe big strides over summer. We can only hope. Defense and RBs look like they’ve progressed. OL hard to judge but honestly they look small.

Knight Shift: let’s see who is closer to predicting this season’s final outcome. We still do not have a QB and that is the major problem . OL is better but Schiano has a ton of work to do.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Britt just said it depends on who the QB is in weather like this , “ if it’s Mike Teel ok if it’s Jabu Lovelace different story.”…spot on Kenny Britt.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Knight Shift: let’s see who is closer to predicting this season’s final outcome. We still do not have a QB and that is the major problem . OL is better but Schiano has a ton of work to do.
Knight Shift you don’t know squat😜

• Haha
Man, Wimsatt looked at Higgins the entire time on that pass and it was a long developing play. Never took his eyes off of him.

Good to see Moses Walker on the field. D is legit both sides but one of these QB’s needs to make a B1G jump.

BTW : intangibles don’t win us games especially in the B1G football conference.

Let’s not get too excited … he has the intangibles… oh boy interception.
Please, it was a Hail Mary, not a misread or bad throw. He's made several very nice throws, but did miss an open WR for a possible TD. Conditions aren't great (but nowhere near as bad as they could've been with the weather a few hours ago).

Please, it was a Hail Mary, not a misread or bad throw. He's made several very nice throws, but did miss an open WR for a possible TD. Conditions aren't great (but nowhere near as bad as they could've been with the weather a few hours ago).
Listen numbers I know that but what do you do in a normal game situation down 3 going into half ? Let’s see what our 3/4 field goal kickers are made of.

• Haha
Not sure what game you Sky-is-Falling guys are watching re: QB accuracy. Yeah.. they are not NFL starters where 95% is on target.. but they are improved... and with a mostly new WR corps.
Really? You don’t think accuracy in college football is possible. Hell we are still a dink, dunk , run then punt squad. Running 80% will be our offense . I have no problem with a Minnesota U. offense mind you.

• Haha
Can it rain anymore ? Wind needs to get up to 30-40 mph. Love this weather WVU type of day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT