ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY: Rutgers Hoops set to face off against Illinois on Saturday

We were underdogs today. Do you think we will be the rest of the way other then Nebraska?
I'll is not better our stupid shot selection is killing us. Or Simpson & Mulchahy going out of control to baseline and hitting backboard with passes or throwing out of bounds. Mulcahy cannot just push the ball up the court hard(full speed). Mulchahy's court antics have killed all calls against him....he didnt Palm ball and wasnt a block down low

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
“Kinda went into his knee”. Game is bad enough, announcers love of the home team …….horrible

Terrible game. RU need a bonfide superstar player to make shots when they go on a drought

Reactions: #1 RUFan
caleb wants to be something he is not,,,,,,a scorer,,,,,,,,he's trying to prove he is not just a defensive wiz.....the result is he's hurting the team.......that's my take
His D hasn’t been like last year either

Can't wait to hear Pikes response to this after the game. I hope they directly ask about this meltdown.

Cliff out also hurt our ability to rebound. They abused us underneath with Cliff out.

Reactions: Scangg
The over arching problem is that Rutgers can't sustain offense for more than 30 minutes in a game which translates into great difficulty to score even 60 points.The extended scoring droughts have been killers.

It’s laughable this team is ranked. I said it both times.

We are atrocious on offense and our defense can only do so much for so long…with or without Mag we aren’t winning anything in the postseason without better offense.

Paul and Caleb stopped shooting. Reiber and Hyatt missed bunnies. Simpson was awful shooting. Could see it coming. Not Pike’s best coaching. Illinois should never have got away with Palm call. Turned the game around. And took Paul out of game.

Last edited:
Reactions: #1 RUFan and RU MAN
We went completely into the tank when Omoruyi went off the floor. No paint threat on offense, no rim defender on defense. He hasn't played well today, but we fell apart when he went to the bench.

caleb wants to be something he is not,,,,,,a scorer,,,,,,,,he's trying to prove he is not just a defensive wiz.....the result is he's hurting the team.......that's my take
Didn’t he have 12 points first half tuesday? He has to be a scorer on this team I don’t understand your take

Imagine if I told you a month ago that OSKAR PALMQUIST would be getting CAM SPENCER’s crunch time minutes this season

That Hawkins kid irritates me. The way he stands makes him look like a Neanderthal. I keep wanting to yell "stand up straight"

Need to figure out how to score. Mag's absence being felt more on the offensive end so far in these 2 games then some expected

Well, I kind of expected to lose these two tough road games, so hard to tell the Mag impact yet. If we don't beat NE on Tuesday, we can officially panic. I think we beat them, but then the real test is getting at least a split with WI and MI - do that and we're going to be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT