ADVERTISEMENT

HAHA Did Jim Harbaugh get hit in the head too many times? Worst interviewer I have EVER heard!

OMG you are clueless. You ask about "buy" conferences when they are up and coming not established conferences. Especially when the Big Ten ACTUALLY WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP. How stupid are you???

Wrong. Just because a conference has the National Champion in it does not mean they are the best conference in the country. So it is perfectly fine to use the phrase "buy" because he is saying forward he thinks the BIG10 will continue to do well.

But thanks for defending a clown who hates the Big Ten and thinks the PAC 12 is better than the SEC

See WhiteBus this is where you are completely on your own tangent.

I am far from defending Cowherd as a radio broadcaster.... all I am defending is that him using the phrase "buy" wasn't out of order at all. That doesn't mean I am defending Cowherd at all in the sense of him as a broadcaster or a shill or anything.

And more importantly, what I am REALLY talking about is how awkward an interview Jim Harbaugh is.

Wrong. Just because a conference has the National Champion in it does not mean they are the best conference in the country. So it is perfectly fine to use the phrase "buy" because he is saying forward he thinks the BIG10 will continue to do well.
I'll bow out. I can't argue with stupid. Enjoy listening to the train wreck that is Colin Cowheard

Question for WhiteBus -

Is Jim Harbaugh an awkward interview? Yes or No?
Yes so is Bellicheck, Parcells. ..
A good interview like Dan Patrick gets past that. Defending Cowheard. ..from a network that always kills Rutgers is mind-boggling

Yes so is Bellicheck, Parcells. ..
A good interview like Dan Patrick gets past that. Defending Cowheard. ..from a network that always kills Rutgers is mind-boggling

OK that was the point of the thread....pointing out Harbaugh's awkward interviewing.

As for Cowherd I see you have strong feeling about him. Why don't you start a thread and post your reasoning why you think he isn't legit... it sounds like it would actually be an interesting thread. Don't just come into a thread that is about something different and go off on your own tangent and attack people who do not agree with one of your reasons about your tangent.

Reactions: ScarletKnightRider
OK that was the point of the thread....pointing out Harbaugh's awkward interviewing.

As for Cowherd I see you have strong feeling about him. Why don't you start a thread and post your reasoning why you think he isn't legit... it sounds like it would actually be an interesting thread. Don't just come into a thread that is about something different and go off on your own tangent and attack people who do not agree with one of your reasons about your tangent.
Maybe you should start a thread about how much you adore Cowheard who is an ESPN shill, who pushes the corporate line about how F-ing great the SEC is and ignore that the Big Ten actually won the title.
OMG some of you would rather defend an idiot than support your conference

Whitebus is not entitled to an opinion on Cowherd since he misspelled his name about 20 times in this thread.

Nah

I just didn't feel like tracking down every Rutgers thread where the delusions of grandeur are running high, especially pertaining to Michigan. Several of your posters have somehow got the notion that if Rutgers isn't the cream of the B1G, it is top 3.

Get real.

Thanks for playing though.

No, u mad. Even the guy agreeing with u recognized it.

And I've never seen anyone suggest we were top 3 at anything. Sure, we dig our school and program; that's why we're on the Interwebs talking about it.

Anyway, I'm sure Michigan's board has never once had any illusion of grandeur.[winking]

Maybe you should start a thread about how much you adore Cowheard who is an ESPN shill, who pushes the corporate line about how F-ing great the SEC is and ignore that the Big Ten actually won the title.
OMG some of you would rather defend an idiot than support your conference

lol I'm not defending Cowherd. I am pointing out how much of an awkward interview Harbaugh is. You're the one who is attacking Cowherd...which is fine..that's your opinion. That's why I am saying go start a thread about it.

Just watched the interview. Have not listened to Cowherd for years, but he carried himself well and handled it like a pro. Remained unflappable but eventually just admitted the interview was going nowhere. Harbaugh was distant and defensive -- in a a semi-catatonic state throughout the interview. No passion or fire or enthusiasm -- nothing. May be a winner but I would rather play for a winner who can inspire me with his personality rather than his resume.
If you would rather play for someone else, you are in the minority. Amazing, since M got JH, the rest of college football admits they wish their team could have hired him (if looking), but not rutgers fans, yah, right.

White Bus - let's say you own some stock in a company that has been around for 100 years. Last year, the company outperformed its competition and was #1 in its industry. You have an extra $25000 that comes your way. Do you invest that 25k in the same company (i.e. do you still consider it a BUY and expect it will continue to produce strong results)? Or do you look for another company to invest in and cash out your current holdings, because you expect its performance moving forward to be worse (SELL)?

That is what Colin was saying: he believes in the B1G continuing to be a strong conference, partly because of high-profile coaches like Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh. IT WAS A COMPLIMENT. I can understand Harbaugh's confusion because "buy" and "bye" are homophones, but Cowherd never meant "bye". The buy/sell is part of his shtick on a fairly regular basis (or at least it was when I used to hear him on occasion going to/from lunch).

Harbaugh certainly could've given much better answers to most of the questions. Colin basically asks, I'm a prospect, tell me why I should come play for you at Michigan. JH: You're a WR with eligibility and 4.3 speed? C'mon, man. Unless Harbaugh felt he should not publicly reveal what he would tell a recruit, that was a horrible answer. He doesn't know what he changed when he got to UM, doesn't say how/why/when he decided to coach at UM, doesn't talk about any differences between coaching in the NFL vs coaching in college... there was plenty for him to work with, and he didn't give detailed answers to anything. That was 85% or more on Harbaugh.

Reactions: MikeRU1766
Harbaugh is a meathead. He has always been a huge meathead. The fact that he has a hard time answering basic questions shouldn't be a surprise.

I don't know about the person you are talking about, but I am a Michigan fan. Let me tell ya, the blatant homer-ism on these boards is flat sad. But lets leave it for a moment...

Harbaugh should of been extra forthcoming to The Turd exactly why? He doesn't need him to help sell the program. In case you missed it, we are doing pretty damn good with recruits. Our staff is doing it much better than yours, and in your own state no less.

Cowpie called out Michigan for months now, and saying Jimmy would be a loser for taking the job blah blah. He has continued to run us down. He has gone on to say we weren't a good program in 98, and yet we had won a NC the year before. For knowing so much as you claim, the Turd's insight is pretty pizz poor I would say where Michigan is concerned. The guy's paycheck comes from those in league with the SEC. You do the math.

Lets get back to the Rutgers smack talk here though....

Yes..... you guys won last yr.

No.....it wont continue, and I would bet any of ya were it possible to meet face to face to assure payment. We have been down long enough, and the fans are restless. Jimmy will get it done, or they will pay more next time. When you have an asset like Michigan Stadium, you don't let it sit part way full. We were cheap towards coaches for a long time, and were famous for it. Not any more.

When it comes to Head Coaches, I know I wouldn't swap out our guys for anyone in all of CFB. Can you honestly say the same in the B1G, let alone the country?

No....Rutgers isn't close to Michigan in the academic world despite claims to the contrary on this board. When you go out to world rankings, which gets rid of the small school bias, Michigan is in the top 20 nationwide. Even USnews, despite the high 30 ranking, has us top 10 in pretty much all academic fields. Top 5 in some to boot.

So maybe, just maybe, the guy you quoted can be objective.

And lastly.....

No.....we don't need to add any school lacking the AAU status. In another thread someone mentioned we need Okie more than they needed us. We don't need them at all. Nor your old foes in WVU or Cincy.

You're a state school with 43,000 rocket scientist undergrads. We get it. All 43,000 turned down the Ivies.

You used to have power house football team that gave you notoriety during the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

Everyone plays on TV now.

Get in line with the rest of the state schools dude. The charade is over.

Last edited:
White Bus - let's say you own some stock in a company that has been around for 100 years. Last year, the company outperformed its competition and was #1 in its industry. You have an extra $25000 that comes your way. Do you invest that 25k in the same company (i.e. do you still consider it a BUY and expect it will continue to produce strong results)? Or do you look for another company to invest in and cash out your current holdings, because you expect its performance moving forward to be worse (SELL)?

That is what Colin was saying: he believes in the B1G continuing to be a strong conference, partly because of high-profile coaches like Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh. IT WAS A COMPLIMENT. I can understand Harbaugh's confusion because "buy" and "bye" are homophones, but Cowherd never meant "bye". The buy/sell is part of his shtick on a fairly regular basis (or at least it was when I used to hear him on occasion going to/from lunch).

Harbaugh certainly could've given much better answers to most of the questions. Colin basically asks, I'm a prospect, tell me why I should come play for you at Michigan. JH: You're a WR with eligibility and 4.3 speed? C'mon, man. Unless Harbaugh felt he should not publicly reveal what he would tell a recruit, that was a horrible answer. He doesn't know what he changed when he got to UM, doesn't say how/why/when he decided to coach at UM, doesn't talk about any differences between coaching in the NFL vs coaching in college... there was plenty for him to work with, and he didn't give detailed answers to anything. That was 85% or more on Harbaugh.

A compliment?? No it wasn't! In April he called the Big Ten "a conference with Ohio State and 13 meth addicts". He takes shots at the Big Ten all the time!

For a guy who you say sucks, you sure know a lot about what he is saying. Regardless, Harbaugh was an embarrassment in that interview, as he is in most of them that I have heard.

Jim Harbaugh does not, repeat does not, have to explain the philosophy of Michigan recruiting. I'd say he knows how to recruit, first full year and supposedly has the 6th best class in the country. I will grant you this about the interview, Cow Turd is not a fan of the Big 10 w no experience playing,; coaching or recruiting, why did JH even agree to interview w the idiot? Few people tuned in to the show live, only looked it up after the anti Harbaugh crowd adv it. Just saying, Michigan has one of the best coaches in the country and that means he's better than most other coaches in the country and, we are happy to have him, you can have Cowturd.

Candid- no coach HAS to do anything (except win). If you accept an interview, it is a basic goal of not embarrassing yourself. Harbaugh failed. Interviews aren't his thing. I suggest he does less of them, though it is a good opportunity to sell his program that most would take advantage of, or at least try to. Considering he seems unable to do it, he should probably stay away from them when possible.

No one made him go on Cowherd. It was a self inflicted wound.

Thank you 1000x for this. Very well put.

You're a state school with 43,000 rocket scientist undergrads. We get it. All 43,000 turned down the Ivies.

You used to have power house football team that gave you notoriety during the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

Everyone plays on TV now.

Get in line with the rest of the state schools dude. The charade is over.

First off, Michigan has been in the discussion since the turn of the 20th century. Even when losing, we get mentioned more than certain teams that are having great years.

There isn't a team, in the B1G, that holds Michigan's combined level of academic excellence along with a pretty kick arse FB tradition as well. Some score on academics(NW), and some score in FB(TuOS/Neb/PSU and MSU as long as Dant is there). No one touches Michigan on the combined, and I would put PSU at a distant second despite the Sandusky grave marker.

Need I go in on the stadium/tradition/etc? Only one other school can lay claim to the title of "We are College Football", and that team is in the ACC. Seeing as we taught them the game, I think we got senority.

Rutgers could win all their games, and you guys will never get the press we do when our coach wipes his ass. I would say those stories of Michigan's demise are highly over stated.

How about something really important to success? Like say AD/donation income? Ya know, what is used to hire the top notch coaches. Or the fact Michigan is top 10 in endowments. Nothing about that screams "they don't have the means to come back". Unlike Rutgers needing a B1G lifeline in the past 5 years, Michigan is set, and always will be.

Every public school wishes they had it as good as Michigan save a very small elect few. Which pretty much is a list of the other blue bloods.

I am glad folks have had their laugh while we kept shooting ourselves in the foot on coaching hires. Michigan will turn it around. It has too many advantages not to, and it takes a fool to believe otherwise.

So keep calling Michigan a "has been", it still is a better title than a team sporting that "never was" monitor.

First off, Michigan has been in the discussion since the turn of the 20th century. Even when losing, we get mentioned more than certain teams that are having great years.

There isn't a team, in the B1G, that holds Michigan's combined level of academic excellence along with a pretty kick arse FB tradition as well. Some score on academics(NW), and some score in FB(TuOS/Neb/PSU and MSU as long as Dant is there). No one touches Michigan on the combined, and I would put PSU at a distant second despite the Sandusky grave marker.

Need I go in on the stadium/tradition/etc? Only one other school can lay claim to the title of "We are College Football", and that team is in the ACC. Seeing as we taught them the game, I think we got senority.

Rutgers could win all their games, and you guys will never get the press we do when our coach wipes his ass. I would say those stories of Michigan's demise are highly over stated.

How about something really important to success? Like say AD/donation income? Ya know, what is used to hire the top notch coaches. Or the fact Michigan is top 10 in endowments. Nothing about that screams "they don't have the means to come back". Unlike Rutgers needing a B1G lifeline in the past 5 years, Michigan is set, and always will be.

Every public school wishes they had it as good as Michigan save a very small elect few. Which pretty much is a list of the other blue bloods.

I am glad folks have had their laugh while we kept shooting ourselves in the foot on coaching hires. Michigan will turn it around. It has too many advantages not to, and it takes a fool to believe otherwise.

So keep calling Michigan a "has been", it still is a better title than a team sporting that "never was" monitor.
Yes!!!! You pulled the biggest DBag Michigan quote out!!! Has been/ never were!! BABAHha!!!! You Michigan-tards are all the same. You go to another state's public school and subsidize their budgets and sing cum-by-ya and think your all geniuses. Holy F and wake up. Everyone is laughing at you.

We're glad you invited us to the B1G party. You needed us much as we needed you.

Enjoy Harbough for four years. That's all he'll stay and you'll go right back to getting your asses kicked by M State. GO SPARTY!

Nailed it.
This thread is primarily about Harbaugh, but all Whitebus cares about is bashing Colin, and insulting other posters.
Nailed it until he said it was a complement than his analysis became a train wreck. Too many of you don't have a clue about Colin. Google Cowherd on the Big Ten. You can see for yourself that he thinks the conference is old and stale. There is plenty of evidence of his disdain for the conference

This.

And if you wouldn't take their autistic coach over our pedestrian one without a second thought, you're either lying or a fool.

And if RU had the budget to throw over $5 million annually at a HC AND another $5 million annually for his assistants......I am quite positive that posters like you and Bac would be railing on that guy for the blatantly idiotic interviews he gives.

Reactions: ScarletKnightRider
And if RU had the budget to throw over $5 million annually at a HC AND another $5 million annually for his assistants......I am quite positive that posters like you and Bac would be railing on that guy for the blatantly idiotic interviews he gives.
I don't hear Patriots fans complain about Bellicheck ' s god awful interviews

Point of thread = Harbaugh embarrassed himself in his interview with Cowherd.

Did he do a poor job of representing Michigan football? Sure. Not a leap.

Does this interview have anything to do with Flood or whether anyone would prefer Harbaugh over Flood? No.

Has this thread become a platform for anti-Cowherd, anti-Flood nonsense? You bet.

Harbaugh laid an egg -- own it Michigan fans, anti-Cowherd protestors and anti-Flood fans and please move on to the next non-issue. Thanks.

Harbaugh1.gif

Reactions: Caliknight
I don't hear Patriots fans complain about Bellicheck ' s god awful interviews

Belichek gives great interviews. You are referring to his press conferences, which is clearly not something he would be doing if he wasn't forced to.

Apples/oranges with Harbaugh and this interview.

First off, Michigan has been in the discussion since the turn of the 20th century. Even when losing, we get mentioned more than certain teams that are having great years. Maybe, maybe not. There is no data to support this. Maybe in Michigan that might be true.

Need I go in on the stadium/tradition/etc? Only one other school can lay claim to the title of "We are College Football", and that team is in the ACC. Seeing as we taught them the game, I think we got senority. You are on the one team's board that I wouldn't go around beating my chest about teaching anyone the game. Rutgers INVENTED the game you hold so dear.

Rutgers could win all their games, and you guys will never get the press we do when our coach wipes his ass. I would say those stories of Michigan's demise are highly over stated. Hyperbole at the highest level. If Rutgers won all of its games, it won the NC. If it won the NC, there would be no more covered program in the history of the game. The NY media would assure that.

How about something really important to success? Like say AD/donation income? Ya know, what is used to hire the top notch coaches. Or the fact Michigan is top 10 in endowments. Nothing about that screams "they don't have the means to come back". Unlike Rutgers needing a B1G lifeline in the past 5 years, Michigan is set, and always will be. Our position is quite secure now.

I am glad folks have had their laugh while we kept shooting ourselves in the foot on coaching hires. Michigan will turn it around. It has too many advantages not to, and it takes a fool to believe otherwise. You sound like a ND fan. QUOTE]

Point of thread = Harbaugh embarrassed himself in his interview with Cowherd.

Did he do a poor job of representing Michigan football? Sure. Not a leap.

Does this interview have anything to do with Flood or whether anyone would prefer Harbaugh over Flood? No.

Has this thread become a platform for anti-Cowherd, anti-Flood nonsense? You bet.

Harbaugh laid an egg -- own it Michigan fans, anti-Cowherd protestors and anti-Flood fans and please move on to the next non-issue. Thanks.

This thread is but another in a string of "OMG he is going to leave", "OMG we are as good so why do our best players leave to play for Michigan", or "Harbaugh sucks".

Anything to take a shot at Michigan.

It has been like this, on the Rutgers boards, since Harbaugh was hired. The jealousy around here has taken on a life of its own. Rutgers FB has been around longer than Michigan, so don't be mad at us for not having the money to keep up in the arms race.

And as for your assertion that the B1G needed Rutgers as much as you needed us. All you gave us were TV sets, which any school in NY would of done. Without us, Rutgers is in deep chit. No, it wasn't equal need. You are a delusional to even suggest it.

As you say though, it was a bad interview, and Harbaugh shouldn't bother appearing on the SEC shill network. I would of laughed off this thread, but enough of the Rutgers fan nonsense. You guys were overdue to be called on your obsession over a FB coach.

Sheesh

[QUOTE="WhiteBus, post: 337467, member: 4636"]Nailed it until he said it was a complement than his analysis became a train wreck. Too many of you don't have a clue about Colin. Google Cowherd on the Big Ten. You can see for yourself that he thinks the conference is old and stale. There is plenty of evidence of his disdain for the conference[/QUOTE]
Please point out the train wreck. Only refer to what I wrote, not what you think I wrote. I never claimed that Cowherd only has good things to say about B1G football. My only analysis after I said Cowherd's comment on the B1G being a "BUY" was a compliment: I said that I can see JH being confused because "buy" and "bye" are homophones. From the wikipedia entry for "homophone": A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same as another word but differs in meaning, and may differ in spelling.

No train wreck there, as "buy" and "bye" are indeed homophones.

Harbaugh hates the media. He developed a few relationships with a couple of beat writers in SF but Harbaugh has always been consistent at being awkward. Why do people here care so much on the quality of his interviews? Interviews are mostly unoriginal, cliche, boring, predictable etc, etc.... UM brought him in to win. Guess what? He's going to win. He more likely will win big (no pun intended). If we had a vacated spot, I'd sure as hell would love to have him coach RU and give the most cringeworthy interviews of all time.

This thread is but another in a string of "OMG he is going to leave", "OMG we are as good so why do our best players leave to play for Michigan", or "Harbaugh sucks".

Anything to take a shot at Michigan.

It has been like this, on the Rutgers boards, since Harbaugh was hired. The jealousy around here has taken on a life of its own. Rutgers FB has been around longer than Michigan, so don't be mad at us for not having the money to keep up in the arms race.

And as for your assertion that the B1G needed Rutgers as much as you needed us. All you gave us were TV sets, which any school in NY would of done. Without us, Rutgers is in deep chit. No, it wasn't equal need. You are a delusional to even suggest it.

As you say though, it was a bad interview, and Harbaugh shouldn't bother appearing on the SEC shill network. I would of laughed off this thread, but enough of the Rutgers fan nonsense. You guys were overdue to be called on your obsession over a FB coach.

Sheesh

1412505132032-MRS-3576.JPG

.......Sorry what? I couldn't see your post over Kemoko's outstretched hand.

[QUOTE="WhiteBus, post: 337467, member: 4636"]Nailed it until he said it was a complement than his analysis became a train wreck. Too many of you don't have a clue about Colin. Google Cowherd on the Big Ten. You can see for yourself that he thinks the conference is old and stale. There is plenty of evidence of his disdain for the conference
Please point out the train wreck. Only refer to what I wrote, not what you think I wrote. I never claimed that Cowherd only has good things to say about B1G football. My only analysis after I said Cowherd's comment on the B1G being a "BUY" was a compliment: I said that I can see JH being confused because "buy" and "bye" are homophones. From the wikipedia entry for "homophone": A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same as another word but differs in meaning, and may differ in spelling.

No train wreck there, as "buy" and "bye" are indeed homophones.[/QUOTE]
Why your response was a train wreck is because you ignored the source.
If Rush Limbaugh asked if Hillary Clinton was a "buy" would you think that was a complement or a tongue in cheek jab??

I have no clue if JH thought it was buy or bye but I'm a 1000th% sure CH was asking the buy question as he has used that expression a lot when being an ass. Used it recently about Tiger too.

White Bus
Forget his response - YOU are a total train wreck
(Or at least your posts are - I don't know you personally. You might be a great guy in person, but as a poster - clueless.)

We get it!
You hate Cowherd!
And you LOVE Harbaugh!

White Bus
Forget his response - YOU are a total train wreck
(Or at least your posts are - I don't know you personally. You might be a great guy in person, but as a poster - clueless.)

We get it!
You hate Cowherd!
And you LOVE Harbaugh!
I get your spin as well. Support Rutgers only. Love and support anyone who bashes any opponent. Even if he hates the conference Rutgers belongs to. I see many of you have ignored that he considers all teams other than OSU to be meth addicts. Glad you love him and his view on Rutgers. Im guessing you like Politi too. Google Colin views on Rutgers and get back to us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT