ADVERTISEMENT

High School Football - Camp Opens

RUckusbuck

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
How many practices are needed before equipment is issued and contact is allowed? I grew up in NY and we couldn't get equipment issued or have contact until 10 non-contact practices were completed. I asking because I have seen kids walking home with football helmets in tow for a month now.

When I played it was 10 before "live" contact. Tackling. 7 before you could hit.

From day 1 = Full pads. If you can't hack it, go play soccer.

"Some of you are are going to grow up today boys." Always the classic saying to start a practice.

How many practices are needed before equipment is issued and contact is allowed? I grew up in NY and we couldn't get equipment issued or have contact until 10 non-contact practices were completed. I asking because I have seen kids walking home with football helmets in tow for a month now.
We were in full pads day one. I know off season in PA you are allowed helmets and non contact drills. With all the fears with concussions I imagine they would allow helmets all the time. In New Jersey the first date for high school practice is August 10, 2015.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT