ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a possibility someone leaves?What do you guys think?

Yeah, i don't know. Seems like KJ and JL both wanted to play for Rutgers. We'll see.

Yeah, i don't know. Seems like KJ and JL both wanted to play for Rutgers. We'll see.
Another thread had Batie as the one leaving.
He's a walk-on who I hope is receiving a schollie from another school and getting a scholarship because of his RU play is what I hope happened
to cause him to leave..

Mad, it is now confirmed Ryan Johnson and Batie are transferring.

Strange, thought batie could play a backup guard.

I think it is becoming clear Jordan doesn't want any players under 6 feet on this roster. He may run a 3 guard set. Just have to make sure shooting improves. Batie sure had hoops. Could jump like Corey Sanders, Let's hope Sanders brings a shoot and a pass.

Thought Batie was good but what do I know?Jordan wants increased size.

It's obvious that Batie left because Eddie wasn't giving him any playing time . The kid showed signs he could play and never really was given a chance . Let him go somewhere where his talents can be displayed

so, even after the 'add - Grier" & delete 'R. Johnson & Batie' Carino still says -
"Rutgers is at the scholarship limit of 13 players, but indications are there might be one more bit of shuffling involving a prior 2015 commit."

what is the expectation?

will there be another outright departure? or

will the 'shuffling' be simply 'moving guys around' as in the movement of an existing 2015 commit to 'red shirt' status due to being a partial-qualifier?

or - does "prior 2015 commit" refer to one of the briefly 'committed' players - deciding to come as a walk on?
(only one that comes to mind is Austin Burnette - but he is reported to be attending Hargrave Military as a post grad next year.)

Rumba, I think Carino said that after the first transfer of Johnson. The next change up was Batie. I don't know what else could happen obviously.

I think we'll be seeing some 3 guard fronts last year. So guard heavy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT