ADVERTISEMENT

It's Over!

zappaa

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Montclair NJ
And, he's up.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for all your kind words, this board is a special place, and you've made me feel better.

Dad is in a far better place, he went to sleep with his three sons at his side and never woke up, he is at peace and with my mom...
My moms birthday is tomorrow and he's there in time for the party, with a nice Vodka on the rocks in his hand.

God bless all of you

We will make sure to have a toast to your father at our tailgate tomorrow.

My condolences, hope you can say he lived a good life, and with his 3 sons at his side that's a good sign that he did. Don't be afraid to let the emotions flow.

Reactions: OffTheBanks
Who's chopping onions in here?

Very sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, Yogi.

tumblr_mqieg6EDAF1renuivo1_500.gif

Hey Zap, I'm in Montclair and know that the town feels the loss, especially those of us who think we know where "the fork in the road' is. If you want to get together any time (Church Street or South Park, or wherever), shoot me an email and we can hang for a few. I am sorry about the loss of your Dad--he was/is a national treasure. I checked some of the other boards and they are all saying the same thing we are, about what a great guy he was--many are saying that he was the best catcher of all time. One guy said about Jackie that he saw that play when it happened, and that Jackie was out. I laughed, since that's what your Dad always said. See you around town, my friend.

Zappa:

Deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family. Your Dad was more than a legend and more than an icon. He was an inspiration to all that grew to know him and a role model for everyone to emulate. The Yogiisms that he provided us with made an impression on millions. Everyone in my town grew up idolizing Yogi Berra, and I'm sure that's true for many in America, especially Yankee fans. He won with class and always conducted himself with dignity, even when put under trying circumstances. His truly was a life well lived. May God Bless you and your family and comfort you, during this difficult time.

Reactions: RUissy
My condolences Zappaa. Your Dad was a great man and will be missed. My wife, son and I had the privilege of meeting your Dad in the President's Box years ago (2007) at the USF game. My son was 10 at the time and they talked a little baseball. He remembers it fondly to this day - and he's a Red Sox fan.

All of my Mets boards on FB are mourning the loss. Zap, he was a great man. One of the best in the history of this country.

Reactions: NewJerseyHawk
Zappa,

We all should be so lucky -- 90 full year of life and his kids around him to send him home to his wife. He made the world a better place. What a life!

Beyond whatever he accomplished on the playing field the thing you should always remember is how much he was loved by those who knew him and millions of those who never had the pleasure. That says more about the man than any ring or trophy could ever say.

Zap, God bless you and your family. Your father is one for the ages.

Hey Zap - My sister shares your birth date, and the hospital where you both were born. My Dad always recalled walking past yours in the hospital hallway near the maternity ward and sharing a smile and a nod after the blessed events. They're all (except my sister) in a better place now.

Yogi is a player that everyone, baseball fan or not, has heard of. One of the all-time greats for sure.

I will always remember him as the Mets manager when I first started rooting for the Mets. As a kid, I didn't know he was ever a Yankee. He'll always be a Met to me. :)

God bless and keep your family in this time of sadness, Zappaa. Your old man was a true American icon.

Zappa - Great to see you rebound and post again. Its tough to loose a parent no matter at what age. Hang in there and God bless you and your family.

Every Yankee fan owes your Dad a beer in Heaven... God bless Yogi and your family.

Condolences, Zappaa.

Your dad was a legend. I remember seeing him on the sideline at the 2005 Navy game. This board is always here for you!

And, he's up.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for all your kind words, this board is a special place, and you've made me feel better.

Dad is in a far better place, he went to sleep with his three sons at his side and never woke up, he is at peace and with my mom...
My moms birthday is tomorrow and he's there in time for the party, with a nice Vodka on the rocks in his hand.

God bless all of you
I have never posted on another team's message board, but I did want to extend my sympathies to you over the passing of your Dad. I am a huge Pirate fan, but I always admired the Yankees and of all the Yankees, your Dad was my favorite. I said on our board that he was a common man who became Yankee royalty. He will be missed. May he rest in Peace.

And, he's up.

God bless all of you

God Bless you too, brother! Your dad went to sleep with his sons on earth, and wakes up with GOD in Heaven!

Alright, alright alright!

A lifelong Yankees fan and I can truly say that Yogi was a true hero in every way. Best to the family.

Zap - My deepest condolences. I met your Dad at Rizzuto/Berra Lanes when I was a little kid and then years later at the racquetball place. He was always gracious and a mensch. I believe he is in a better place and is reuniting with old friends. My gratitude to your Dad for all the great memories on the field and for being one of the truly good people on this planet.

God speed.

My condolences. You feel relieved now. It will hit you like a ton of bricks in a few months. Best to you and family. $$$$

Its not often an individual can positively impact the lives of people they don't even know, but your dad was one of those rare individuals. My condolences to the family. Touch em all Yogi.

grew up a lifelong fan of your dad and the Yankees..got to see him play a couple times ... as everyone, have a really fond place in my heart for Yogi ..as good a story it is of your dad as a players...it seems that his favorite 'story' is of his wife and your mom Carmen .... they can continue the party together again .... a true legend and giant in sports and life he was

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT