ADVERTISEMENT

Katz: RU's success is one of the best comeback stories of a college basketball program of the modern era

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
Wow! Talked about possibly getting 2nd straight double bye and back to back to back (to kinda back) NCAA appearances. He's not just driving the bus any more - he can be the grand marshal of our ticker tape parade in the Canyon of Heroes after we win our first NCAA championship. Ok, maybe I'm a little giddy, but damn it's so nice to hear this kind of stuff after decades of mostly drek.

He also talked about us possibly getting up to a 4 seed in NCAA tournament
Just hope the players don't watch this stuff, but I'm sure they do - it's gotta be fun for them too, but have to buckle down immediately as we're playing the only team that really torched us this year next, on the road.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Plenty of time and opportunity for us to have a tough streak this season. Many many hard games remain.
True, but our defense will keep us in 95% of games, even on the road, and if we get at least some timely shooting, we'll win our share and won't have a bad streak, although it's also why I started the thread on the very tough next 5 being key. It's just so awesome to hear all the praise for the team and the program - a small part of me always worries about Lucy pulling the ball away, though, lol.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Just hope the players don't watch this stuff, but I'm sure they do - it's gotta be fun for them too, but have to buckle down immediately as we're playing the only team that really torched us this year next, on the road.
Is that game a true road game, as in, on the campus in Iowa City? Or is it in Des Moines, which I believe is further from Iowa City than MSG is from Piscataway?

Des Moines was mentioned in an article on scarlet.knights.com, which is why I asked.

Thanks.

its unfortunate that Covid really blunted the impact of our comeback because that was year 1 really of the comeback and it got washed away. By the time we made it in 2021, we still didnt have fans so once again our story was muted. Then we make it in 2022 but in the first four

Our story still deserves to be told

I always dreamed of an orgasmic euphoria at the RAC with our name being called on selection sunday in front of 5K fans.

MESSAGE TO PAT HOBBS...START WORKING ON THIS NOW...WE REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED TO HAVE THE FANS JOIN IN THIS YEAR

Enough of the little engine that could stuff. We are in the Big about to make 4th Tourney in a row ( including 2020 cancelled tournament). Its a great turn around of course. But let's set the bar higher instead of looking back!! The tournament should now be a minimum expectation. Let's make some noise when we get there

Reactions: gregkoko and SBP
its unfortunate that Covid really blunted the impact of our comeback because that was year 1 really of the comeback and it got washed away. By the time we made it in 2021, we still didnt have fans so once again our story was muted. Then we make it in 2022 but in the first four

I always dreamed of an orgasmic euphoria at the RAC with our name being called on selection sunday in front of 5K fans.

MESSAGE TO PAT HOBBS...START WORKING ON THIS NOW...WE REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED TO HAVE THE FANS JOIN IN THIS YEAR
Can't be done with the team, because our team won't be able to get back in time from Chicago(team will be watching the selection show in a banquet room at the hotel) after winning the Big Ten Tournament on March 12th..........

Best of Luck,
Groz

Can't be done with the team, because our team won't be able to get back in time from Chicago(team will be watching the selection show in a banquet room at the hotel) after winning the Big Ten Tournament on March 12th..........

Best of Luck,
Groz
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

So true as that 19-20 team as playing real well and I think was goi g to make a Big 10 tourney run followed by a NCAA run to the Sweet 16. We will never know but damn that team was really good and playing well down the stretch. The Maryland beat down at home when they were # 9 that was just after the Illinois beat down a week or 2 earlier Ithink gave the team confidence that could make a run. One of the great regrets.

Reactions: shields
So true as that 19-20 team as playing real well and I think was goi g to make a Big 10 tourney run followed by a NCAA run to the Sweet 16. We will never know but damn that team was really good and playing well down the stretch. The Maryland beat down at home when they were # 9 that was just after the Illinois beat down a week or 2 earlier Ithink gave the team confidence that could make a run. One of the great regrets.
I was especially heartbroken, since I couldn't go in 89/91 due to work and never imagined it would be almost 30 more years before it would happen again. I had just retired at the end of 2019 and was going to go to the B1G tourney and any NCAA games, but I also knew what was coming by late February and even predicted the B1G tourney and NCAAs being cancelled about a week before they were actually cancelled - in fact, we went into quarantine immediately after that last MD game on 3/2. Fortunately, I was fully vaccinated just in time for the 2021 tourney in Indy so made that (more heartbreak, lol) and also went to Dayton last year (yes, more heartbreak) and will be at any NCAA game we go to this year.

If they do have a Selection Sunday party at the RAC, you could bring back all sorts of program legends to be part of the celebration. I loved how Raphael Davis was saying that these players who helped build our program will always be warmly welcomed when they come to Piscataway.

I also really liked the story told during last night's game of how Pike helped Douby get his degree. Someone that was gone before Pike was here, but is an all timer for RU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT