ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Gray now down to RU/BC decision soon

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
KJ Gray just posted a top 4 of Rutgers, UConn, Syracuse, and BC. He was posti g earlier to that he is an "athlete" not a WR. Does he fit the plan?

Seems like it would be a good get tho.

Last edited:
Read the headline too fast, thought I read Gary, :confused:

KJ Gray just posted a top 4 of Rutgers, UConn, Syracuse, and BC. He was posti g earlier to that he is an "athlete" not a WR. Does he fit the plan?

Seems like it would be a good get tho.
Not sure if he fits the plan...definitely a gray area.

Reminds me of the Strickland recruitment.

You get the feeling this kid really wants to be at RU, and will switch positions do it, which was the opposite of what Strickland did. After coming to his senses, it was too late.

Don't make the same mistake KJ. Football will work out.

love it. hope we do get KJ, 6'2 corner with possibly Rene, and Phil Campbell, with the four LB's??? thats a solid back line. two questions though - does that mean Jabbie is staying at WR if we were to get KJ and, unrelated, anyone see Hewitt get that Va Tech offer today?

No mystery here - we knew that we could beat out UConn and Cuse. If the kid played at a parochial school, I would give a slight edge to BC, otherwise, if you want to stay on the east coast, why would you turn down a chance to play in the B1G?

-Scarlet Jerry

I tweeted at him to choose RU and he favorited it. Indicative of nothing, really, I know. But still, trying to "show love." Would be great to have him on The Banks.

No mystery here - we knew that we could beat out UConn and Cuse. If the kid played at a parochial school, I would give a slight edge to BC, otherwise, if you want to stay on the east coast, why would you turn down a chance to play in the B1G?

-Scarlet Jerry

I knew it would come down to BC - RU. Both different schools so should be cut and dry depending on his desires. I would think he knows already.

Lots of Prep kids on the current BC roster and lots there as undergrads.

He will be down at Rutgers for the 7v7 this weekend, and has indicated he will announce on Sunday.

BTW His fianal 4 tweet was him in front of Century Link Field, Rutgers played ther last year....

I guess the remaining unknown is his sneaker color.

He also said he got "good news today" wonder what that involves? It was just before the final 2 tweet.

He will be down at Rutgers for the 7v7 this weekend, and has indicated he will announce on Sunday.

BTW His fianal 4 tweet was him in front of Century Link Field, Rutgers played ther last year....

I guess the remaining unknown is his sneaker color.

This is huge. If he hasn't made his mind for certain already, we get last crack at him. They'll have the entire coaching staff, other recruits and current players giving him a ton of attention.

Reactions: UconNell
I could be wrong, but i think i've observed most local kids who have RU in the final 2, pick RU. They don't want to string along the local team and so they let them know if they are out of it. Obviously, there are exceptions, and if the kid is down to 3 schools, the story changes a bit. We'll see if my theory holds true.

It's creepy that people on this forum follow these kids on social media. Now I know why these kids get scared and end up at Penn State.

It's creepy that people on this forum follow these kids on social media. Now I know why these kids get scared and end up at Penn State.

I don't "follow" any of these kids on social media. Do you even know how Twitter works? You just send a message to someone's account, it's like a text. I just looked up his name, shot him a message, and that was it. Done.

And as for TTFP and other so-called "big-time" programs, they have armies of fans who Tweet at recruits constantly, "showing them love" and telling them they hope they choose their school. It matters to kids these days. You can dislike it or not understand it, but it's the way it is now. Keep up or get shut out.

Reactions: MikeRU1766
I don't "follow" any of these kids on social media. Do you even know how Twitter works? You just send a message to someone's account, it's like a text. I just looked up his name, shot him a message, and that was it. Done.

And as for TTFP and other so-called "big-time" programs, they have armies of fans who Tweet at recruits constantly, "showing them love" and telling them they hope they choose their school. It matters to kids these days. You can dislike it or not understand it, but it's the way it is now. Keep up or get shut out.
Sarcasm....

high enough on our board for corner or wr? sounds like he would take the position change to come to RU and BC wants him at WR. or am i way off?

Read an article earlier in the week, (think it was a T. Hunt piece, but could be wrong about that), where KJ said he doesn't view himself as a WR but as an athlete. -So while he might not be high enough on the RU board to take as a receiver, I think a switch to CB would be fine with KJ and make him a very viable potential commit for us.

Guess we won't have to wait too, too long to find out either way, since it sounds like KJ is closing in on making a decision in the very near future.

Cuse stopped recruiting him couple months ago. They never iked him as a WR. They offered him for safety but they filled that spot. I think he goes to BC

Cuse stopped recruiting him couple months ago. They never iked him as a WR. They offered him for safety but they filled that spot. I think he goes to BC

That's completely false. Cuse would take him in a second. Their recruiting and program are in complete turmoil. Will only get worse when they win 2 this year and the coach starts talking about current events again.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickyNewark51
That's completely false. Cuse would take him in a second. Their recruiting and program are in complete turmoil. Will only get worse when they win 2 this year and the coach starts talking about current events again.
Yeah they'd kill for any decent commit...I love watching their board as recruit after recruit go anywhere but Cuse !! I get guilty pleasure watching their arrogant azz's squirm.

Reactions: OriginalKnight
Stop letting your hate for syracuse take over your senses. Cuse coaches have alot on the line and have to find guys that fit their system. they arent taking a kid because he has 3 stars That's dumb. Like I said, they havent kept in touch with him and they are only taking one more WR this class. Its not him. My point exactly. He just commited to BC

Reactions: ruready07
How come you didn't mention anything about the other 7 commits?
Beacuse 6 others were obviously commits with out P5 offers. 4 of them were camp commits. I trust the staff evals just like you trust rutgers staff when they accept commits from kids who are not high profile. Keep in mind last two Cuse classes that had early commits with no P5 offers ended with some towards the end.

Just looked up Sam Heckel's offers, which included Harvard, Columbia, Yale, Northwestern and UVA. He's going to Cuse? He must hate his parents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT