ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread: RU v Princeton

Team wrestled hard ... so many close calls ... our HWT never majors anyone, but If he wins 5-5 on the day
So in awe when proven wrong!!!!!!! Awesome job Chris C .... Ash and team victorious!!!!!

Just calling it as I see it and not very happy how things are going.

But feel free to believe otherwise

Looks like the crowd was into it today and dare I say it played a small role. Maybe they motivated a 285 to MD but who will know? Also the recruiting issues have been discussed adnasuem. Two classes don’t work out and wrestlers leave/transfer or don’t pan out. Countless injuries and what will happen? Regression. Keep bringing up the same banter that makes you popular on BWI and you come over here and you’re “not happy how things are going.” I do believe otherwise. People think that a program like ours with limits around facilities, finances and talent (you can’t bring in blue chips after a 2-3 yrs of success) and you should sustain an upward path of success till you are top 5. We don’t have a history of NC’s so why do you and PSU posters compare us as like programs? Like I said regression comes if you miss out on recruiting classes because there is no depth guy waiting to “get his chance.” RU depth guys won’t be starters at other programs like tier 1 schools. Hopefully changing with next 2 years classes. Please address my points without your usual PSU “look at the facts.” Your progression to NC’s happened with Cael. RU attempts to do more with less in all sports especially wrestling and PSU does more with exponentially more. That’s my otherwise thinking.

Correnti damn near beat that kid. Grello was screwed. Any other ref than that whole would have called the pin. First he runs around Grello which took about 2-3 seconds. I am at mat side with my seats and that kids shoulders were dead flat. He did not have the balls to call it. Match never should have gone to Colucci needing a major.

Looks like the crowd was into it today and dare I say it played a small role. Maybe they motivated a 285 to MD but who will know? Also the recruiting issues have been discussed adnasuem. Two classes don’t work out and wrestlers leave/transfer or don’t pan out. Countless injuries and what will happen? Regression. Keep bringing up the same banter that makes you popular on BWI and you come over here and you’re “not happy how things are going.” I do believe otherwise. People think that a program like ours with limits around facilities, finances and talent (you can’t bring in blue chips after a 2-3 yrs of success) and you should sustain an upward path of success till you are top 5. We don’t have a history of NC’s so why do you and PSU posters compare us as like programs? Like I said regression comes if you miss out on recruiting classes because there is no depth guy waiting to “get his chance.” RU depth guys won’t be starters at other programs like tier 1 schools. Hopefully changing with next 2 years classes. Please address my points without your usual PSU “look at the facts.” Your progression to NC’s happened with Cael. RU attempts to do more with less in all sports especially wrestling and PSU does more with exponentially more. That’s my otherwise thinking.
great post......you nailed that perfectly

Reactions: Bms22
Correnti damn near beat that kid. Grello was screwed. Any other ref than that whole would have called the pin. First he runs around Grello which took about 2-3 seconds. I am at mat side with my seats and that kids shoulders were dead flat. He did not have the balls to call it. Match never should have gone to Colucci needing a major.

Yes...but it was more fun that way

Reactions: RutCorRx

Yep. Correnti’s feet looked in on the replay for the 2 before they went out. Never called stalling for Gravina who was getting pushed out of the mat 3 times before having to go to SV. Glasgow was so close, just needed 2 more secs. Grello had that pin. Ref was horrible, again. Practically did everything to give the match to Princeton. Even the stall call 1 pt on Glasgow before the challenge to overturn it. Unreal. Thanks, Colucci for sealing the deal and shutting up Princeton!

But, WOW to Ash. Loudest, proudest moment of the match. Hats off. Bravo.

Go RU!
Diane

I thought Gravina got the biggest job of the day. That guy was practically sprinting off the mat anytime he engaged him. It was borderline ridiculous.

The Princeton coaching staff was a little too aggressive for my tastes. The smaller coach had to practically get peeled off the officials multiple times. Also, what's up with the wheelbarrow? Next time, I'm bringing a miniature cannon next time for some noise making.

Reactions: Abro1975 and rondi
Just got home a couple thoughts

Fans you brought it big time and it was a fun match.

125- we all know he's not the answer
133-Solid job was tough getting tech when kid was instructed to run and turtle
141-there is no answer
149-Wow
157-solid job
165- Has lost all confidence with the knee and maybe in his abilities. This isn't working
174-Showed grit in winning that one
184-Officially concerned he might not even make NCAA's, thought refs screwed him but he still has to get out.
197- Had the two, I thought team match was over but Correnti wrestled an awesome match right to the buzzer taking two shots and not giving up.
Hwt-Knew his guy wasn't good but didn't know if he'd open up. He opened up and won the match

Overall fun match and the fans helped create that fun. Don't think we're going to send many to NCAA's but I guess it is what it is and will just enjoy what Ash and Suriano can do. Maybe someone surprises to give us that third AA. But it's a long shot at best.

141-there is no answer
149-Wow
157-solid job
165- Has lost all confidence with the knee and maybe in his abilities. This isn't working
184-Officially concerned he might not even make NCAA's, thought refs screwed him but he still has to get out.
197- Had the two, I thought team match was over but Correnti wrestled an awesome match right to the buzzer taking two shots and not giving up.
Hwt-Knew his guy wasn't good but didn't know if he'd open up. He opened up and won the match

Overall fun match and the fans helped create that fun. Don't think we're going to send many to NCAA's but I guess it is what it is and will just enjoy what Ash and Suriano can do. Maybe someone surprises to give us that third AA. But it's a long shot at best.

Good recap Koleszar--I have no inside information, but I bet might not see Gravina until Big10's. I think he went out there today for the team(we had nobody to put out that would not have given up bonus). He barely used his right arm during the match. Tuff to see his last year like this.

141-there is no answer
149-Wow
157-solid job

Not true for Glasgow.You have the kid wrestle 2 weeks after meniscus surgery expecting him to perform without healing over a period of time.The results will continue to be the same. Sat next to two of his uncles today with multiple folks around me.He is still hurt after his meniscus surgery.This takes a full month to 6 weeks to heal without any wrestling.Then add full rehabilitation time of 2 months.Goody kept saying he is 100% now we know it's crap because the kid is not.So it is not his abilities.I started to think the same way about what the hell is going on with Glasgow. That's why we all need to know the full story.As long as that Knee is a liability, Glasgow's mental confidence will continue to diminish along with more damage to the knee period.

What a dick

JohnnyHandsome said:
Hows the RAC crowd inspired RU so far this season?

The sad part is RU isnt that good and the battle for NJ is much about nothing..

To think an RU loss today means 2 Ivy league schools will be ranked higher. Also, wheres RU gonna be after Ash & NS leave? Wheres the national level depth or recruits?

We need to block out folks that make stupid comments like this..

Hows the RAC crowd inspired RU so far this season?

The sad part is RU isnt that good and the battle for NJ is much about nothing..

To think an RU loss today means 2 Ivy league schools will be ranked higher. Also, wheres RU gonna be after Ash & NS leave? Wheres the national level depth or recruits?
Hey now.
I'm not going to paint everything about the program is all rosy, but I'm certainly not going to enter douche level like you just did. You and matter must get along perfectly on the psu board because he was a douche as well.

141-there is no answer
149-Wow
157-solid job

I was hoping MVB pulled the win today giving him another shot at the starting spot. We might be better with Lipari moving forward.We will see a different MVB next season at 149 with full strength.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT