ADVERTISEMENT

NIL - limit for guaranteed success

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
I had a dream about NIL last night for some reason (probably b/c we talk about it on here a lot) and woke up today thinking what my limit would be to guarantee success.
Meaning, if I donated X amount (one-time investment, paid up front), football would be guaranteed this or that (obviously not real, but thought provoking nonetheless)
Here's what I came up with:

Rose Bowl - 5k
Playoffs - 7.5k
National champion - 15k

Not trying to sound like RutgersAl (love ya buddy, but this is just pie in the sky stuff here), but what would be your limit for a one-time investment to guarantee success (and hopefully, translate into future continued success)?

My random thought sometimes is: would I cut off a finger if it would guarantee a win in a certain game? I might do it once or twice. But I only have so many pinkies.

• Haha
Reactions: rubigtimenow
My random thought sometimes is: would I cut off a finger if it would guarantee a win in a certain game? I might do it once or twice. But I only have so many pinkies.
During the 2006 game in Morgantown, after consuming a copious amount of moonshine, about midway through the 3rd quarter, I was openly thinking what would I do to win this game.

I ran it by my buddy and he dead panned looked at me and said the same thing (cut off a finger).

I thought that was pretty extreme and wouldn't go that far, but at that very moment, if there was a guarantee of no long term injuries, we both compromised on kneecapping each other for the sake of a NY6 game.

During the 2006 game in Morgantown, after consuming a copious amount of moonshine, about midway through the 3rd quarter, I was openly thinking what would I do to win this game.

I ran it by my buddy and he dead panned looked at me and said the same thing (cut off a finger).

I thought that was pretty extreme and wouldn't go that far, but at that very moment, if there was a guarantee of no long term injuries, we both compromised on kneecapping each other for the sake of a NY6 game.
Funny but I had a similar dream about NIL and what would need to change to make it sustainable for RU. My line of thinking was more along the lines of a donation that could be endowed to have a set amount of interest each year rolling forward to keep NIL in line.

Funny but I had a similar dream about NIL and what would need to change to make it sustainable for RU. My line of thinking was more along the lines of a donation that could be endowed to have a set amount of interest each year rolling forward to keep NIL in line.
That's actually a good idea
Not sure on how it could be done, but if possible, that would be awesome

My spending cap, in a thought experiment such as this, would be $0. Sports are a form of entertainment for me. They are not life.

Not to mention being able to buy a win, which is what we’re talking about here, would totally ruin the entertainment value for me.

And I think I’ll keep all my body parts. 😀

Similar scenario friends and I have come up with.

Your team is guaranteed to win every game but you're not allowed to watch, listen or read about any of the games. Not even highlights or articles after the fact.

You just know they won't lose. But no idea about how it happened, score, against whom etc.

Do you sign up?

Your team is guaranteed to win every game but you're not allowed to watch, listen or read about any of the games. Not even highlights or articles after the fact.

You just know they won't lose. But no idea about how it happened, score, against whom etc.

Do you sign up?
Oh man that'd be difficult, b/c a big part of it is the emotions you feel during the season.

The times of despair, the feelings of euphoria, the what if's, could have's, second guessing and Monday morning quarterbacking is what makes it what it is.

I'd have to think about it - but would we be permitted to tailgate, then leave before the game? Just to catch the feels of the environment?

Do you sign up?
Yes. Because i'd still be able to lord it over other fan bases, and the momentum would carry into future years.

• Haha

Do you remember what other notable game was on the concession TVs in Milan Puskar Stadium that day ?

The answer would have to be up to 99% of your liquid net worth to win the national championship. Whatever you have left, you go to Las Vegas and bet on RU to win the national championship. You’d likely get at least $10,000 for every $100 you bet so you’d become much richer while guaranteeing a national championship for Rutgers.

End of thread.

To the original question….
Rose Bowl (how do you go to this now? By being the best conference team that doesn’t make the playoffs?) - 500
Playoffs (we’re talking round of 12 now) - 3k
National champion - 10k

To the other question asked… wow that’s great but also really sucks! (It’s like my kids have an amazing life and are great people but they don’t talk to me and I never see them.) Yes, I’ll take RU winning everything but I’m not allowed to watch listen or read about the games.

These are both weird/ridiculous questions but interesting nonetheless!

So you didn’t do it and we lost . Some
Fan

I don't remember much after about 4:30
Those West Virginia folk can definitely drink!
6-5 UCLA beat 10-1 USC probably keeping the Men of Troy out of the NC game, sending them to the Rose Bowl instead where they beat Michigan.

USC opens its B1G schedule at the Big House next year, the first time playing UM since that Rose Bowl.

I had a dream about NIL last night for some reason (probably b/c we talk about it on here a lot) and woke up today thinking what my limit would be to guarantee success.
Meaning, if I donated X amount (one-time investment, paid up front), football would be guaranteed this or that (obviously not real, but thought provoking nonetheless)
Here's what I came up with:

Rose Bowl - 5k
Playoffs - 7.5k
National champion - 15k

Not trying to sound like RutgersAl (love ya buddy, but this is just pie in the sky stuff here), but what would be your limit for a one-time investment to guarantee success (and hopefully, translate into future continued success)?

How much would it cost for me not to have to read about your dreams again?

😀

6-5 UCLA beat 10-1 USC probably keeping the Men of Troy out of the NC game, sending them to the Rose Bowl instead where they beat Michigan.

USC opens its B1G schedule at the Big House next year, the first time playing UM since that Rose Bowl.
Totally forgot about that one, the moonshine was literally flowing through our blood at that point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT