ADVERTISEMENT

No. 15 best public business school in the U.S,

Knight177lb

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2014
In the Bloomberg Businessweek’s 2021-22 Best B-Schools MBA Ranking released on September 15, 2021, Rutgers Business School was ranked the No. 15 best public business school in the U.S, and No. 37 overall. This placed RBS again as the No. 1 public business school in the Northeast and No. 5 in the Big Ten (ahead of Wisconsin, Michigan State, Minnesota, Penn State, Ohio State and Purdue). Bloomberg Businessweek’s ranking tweaked the methodology from 2019 (there were no rankings in 2020 due to the pandemic) to include diversity along with categories measuring compensation, learning, networking, and entrepreneurship. Rutgers ranked No. 21 for diversity in the nation and No. 2 in the Big Ten.

In the Bloomberg Businessweek’s 2021-22 Best B-Schools MBA Ranking released on September 15, 2021, Rutgers Business School was ranked the No. 15 best public business school in the U.S, and No. 37 overall. This placed RBS again as the No. 1 public business school in the Northeast and No. 5 in the Big Ten (ahead of Wisconsin, Michigan State, Minnesota, Penn State, Ohio State and Purdue). Bloomberg Businessweek’s ranking tweaked the methodology from 2019 (there were no rankings in 2020 due to the pandemic) to include diversity along with categories measuring compensation, learning, networking, and entrepreneurship. Rutgers ranked No. 21 for diversity in the nation and No. 2 in the Big Ten.

Awesome. Are these rankings heavily cited/used?

Ironically, #37 in Fortune as per the "similar threads" reminder I see below which you had posted.

Also I guess they exclude Maryland from the Northeast? I'll take it lol.

This was being advertised at the stadium Saturday as well.

For MBA- there's options to take classes in Newark and New Brunswick?

Awesome. Are these rankings heavily cited/used?

Ironically, #37 in Fortune as per the "similar threads" reminder I see below which you had posted.

Also I guess they exclude Maryland from the Northeast? I'll take it lol.

This was being advertised at the stadium Saturday as well.

For MBA- there's options to take classes in Newark and New Brunswick?

I didn't see this advertised Saturday, but glad they did. This should be cited everywhere. Funny thing is that I only know about it because I received an email from the business school.

For an MBA, typically, you have an option to take classes at Newark or New Brunswick. Some particular specializations require you to go to Newark only, but that was when I went a long, long, time ago..

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I didn't see this advertised Saturday, but glad they did. This should be cited everywhere. Funny thing is that I only know about it because I received an email from the business school.

For an MBA, typically, you have an option to take classes at Newark or New Brunswick. Some particular specializations require you to go to Newark only, but that was when I went a long, long, time ago..

I saw them flash it on the big board.

I feel like I have also seen them advertise classes in Harborside in JC but my guess is you can't take everything there.

BusinessWeek MBA rankings were relatively well publicized across the country going back 20+ or so years ago and perhaps still are discussed in business school circles. Started in the late 80s and I recall they would come out every other year, in the even years. I think sometime in the past decade or so it became a Bloomberg publication.

I think RBS might hold some satellite MBA classes in JC, and maybe out in Morristown too?

The original GSM was established at Newark while I believe sometime around the late 80s or early 90s, soon after the undergrad/upper division SBNB got its footing and their then-brand new building (Levin, directly across Rockafeller Rd from the RAC) opened, they started offering MBA classes in Piscataway in addition to Newark, however, you were not able to fulfill all the degree requirements from the limited offerings at the former, students still had to take classes in Newark to complete the MBA. Sometime by the 2000s that may have ceased to be necessary, perhaps around the same time they also rebranded from GSM to RBS (or more accurately RBS-N&NB), but not sure if that timing aligns and even if it does whether it was just coincidental.

Reactions: Knight177lb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT