ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 Tokyo Olympics Thread

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
I keep forgetting these are happening. Feel bad for Japan…a mere skeleton of what they could have done.

for those of you who watch, enjoy!

Reactions: MADHAT1
US Women's soccer team lost to Sweden 3-0.
giphy.gif

Will Crouser and McLaughlin set more world records in track and field? Should be fun to watch.

For Carli Loyd, other older Olympians, age is just a number

Our team looked old and slow. I guess not a good idea going with too veteran a team.

Coach Vlatko Andonovski chose a veteran-heavy group to come here and become the first team to ever follow a World Cup title with Olympic gold. But with experience comes age, and the Americans started five players over 32 years old. Two of the first three players Andonovski brought off the bench were 39 and 36.

With that -3 GD today, the soccer team better figure things out by Saturday or their medal dreams will be over.

Australia just got the 2032 Northern Hemisphere Summer Olympics. The only country to bid for the games 😆

Tokyo, Paris, LA, Australia…probably China again and then some euro place. Never ever again some developing place…Brazil showed what a bad idea it was for them to host the WC and Olympics.

Top-Ranked U.S. Women's Soccer Team Falls To Sweden In Olympic Stadium With No Fans

In the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics, Sweden won against the U.S. in the quarterfinals, denying the squad a medal. The U.S. came into these Games seeking to become the first women's team to ever take Olympic gold after winning the World Cup.

Wednesday's loss to fifth-ranked Sweden will make that feat more difficult, but does not rule it out.

This could be the worst Olympic team we have ever sent.
The only sport I think we are still a huge favorite is women's gymnastics. And anything can happen on a beam.
Everything is now a struggle.
Men's basketball team can't beat anyone.
Women's basketball is getting blown out.
Where is Brady when we need him to win the Olympics?

The only sport I think we are still a huge favorite is women's gymnastics. And anything can happen on a beam.

Jeez. I hope we beat out The Gambia in the medal count.

Also heard that the American swim team is so bad that the Olympics have hired additional life guards to make sure our kids make it to end of the pool safely.
I think it hurts that the IOC denied the US request to make the 100 meter doggie paddle an event and not allowing our team to use it's swimmies.
No sense of fairness.

I hate the politics but still want us to dominate... Who the F thought it was a good idea to bring a geriatric squad to the games? This is your chance to go young, get experience and prepare for the WC. Just dumb... Federation and coach should get hung for this

Reactions: NorthernKnight
I hate the politics but still want us to dominate... Who the F thought it was a good idea to bring a geriatric squad to the games? This is your chance to go young, get experience and prepare for the WC. Just dumb... Federation and coach should get hung for this

As long as they can win their next two they have a good chance to advance. Don't be shocked if we still medal.
But I do shudder to think of the idiocy we'll suffer if Rapinoe gets on the medal stand

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
As long as they can win their next two they have a good chance to advance. Don't be shocked if we still medal.
But I do shudder to think of the idiocy we'll suffer if Rapinoe gets on the medal stand
And thus why we sent the Senior Division to the Olympics, as opposed to the young & hungry. Social scores matter.

I hope every American team and individul contestant get the Gold or ( if another American gets the gold) takes Silver/Bronze.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
The US will dominate the medal count in track and field

I'm sitting here after a long day of doing farm chores watching swimming. There's no fans, who are these asshats who are whistling? In an empty arena it reverberates and is quite annoying. These dipsh*ts need to stop, they're in a pool swimming they can't hear you douchebags.

I'm sitting here after a long day of doing farm chores watching swimming. There's no fans, who are these asshats who are whistling? In an empty arena it reverberates and is quite annoying. These dipsh*ts need to stop, they're in a pool swimming they can't hear you douchebags.
the people there are their family members and other olympians i believe

Watching the medal ceremonies with winners wearing masks is just pathetic . You can’t see the raw emotion of getting awarded a medal , and that’s what this whole thing is supposed to be about. NBC and the IOC better fix this.

Reactions: newell138
the people there are their family members and other olympians i believe
No this was earlier today they had no one in the stands.

Any way I tried watching skateboarding and I found curling more interesting. What a boring sport you couldn’t tell what the fvck they were doing and each contestants run was over in 15 secs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT