ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 Tokyo Olympics Thread

Watching the medal ceremonies with winners wearing masks is just pathetic . You can’t see the raw emotion of getting awarded a medal , and that’s what this whole thing is supposed to be about. NBC and the IOC better fix this.
Strongly disagree. The IOC is doing its best to get these games over and done with before the Japanese government puts the kibosh on them.

The medal ceremony is supposed to be about the medal recipients. And it is. It is not about us.

Reactions: RUforJERSEY
Strongly disagree. The IOC is doing its best to get these games over and done with before the Japanese government puts the kibosh on them.

The medal ceremony is supposed to be about the medal recipients. And it is. It is not about us.
Your logic is flawed because then why are they even showing them ?
Some of the greatest Olympic moments took place with the raw emotions on the medal stand..eurozione , johnson . As you watch someone cry, smile and sing along .
That is not happening and it’s a loss

Another stupid sport I watched today, 3 x 3 basketball. Who comes up with this stupid sh*t?
That’s terrible. At least skateboarding is part of the xgames and a “sport” for many years. Similar to snowboarding in the winter games. What the hell is 3x3 basketball and who is playing it? Come on…..

No this was earlier today they had no one in the stands.

Any way I tried watching skateboarding and I found curling more interesting. What a boring sport you couldn’t tell what the fvck they were doing and each contestants run was over in 15 secs.
Ageee, was kind of chaotic, like watching kids dick around at the local park.

Snowboarding has the advantage of a finite slope. Skateboarding should follow with a linear format.

Reactions: koleszar
That’s terrible. At least skateboarding is part of the xgames and a “sport” for many years. Similar to snowboarding in the winter games. What the hell is 3x3 basketball and who is playing it? Come on…..

I watch a little of it and I think it was Russia vs.Netherlands. They really looked like six guys who were playing in the Sunday morning "Y" league.

I'm watching Women's Swimming live right now and I have a new nominee for annoying announcer, Amy Van Dyken. She was a great swimmer who was in a tragic accident but she is horrible.

Reactions: BigRnj
My old coworker told me like 5 years ago he has two nephews that were very good sprinters and that they had a chance to make the Olympics. Well one of them made it.

Noah lyles. Couldn't believe the star that kid turned into.

DeChambeau and Rahm out.
You already know Rahm’s deal, second time now.
Both are vaccinated.
Both are 99% certain of not going to the hospital, having complications or more than a mild cough.
Other vaccinated olympians are completely safe!
No fans already
Who are they protecting?

Last edited:
Reactions: runrutgersrun
DeChambeau and Rahm out.
You already know Rahm’s deal, second time now.
Both are vaccinated.
Both are 99% certain of not going to the hospital, having complications or more than a mild cough.
Other vaccinated olympians are completely safe!
No fans already
Who are they protecting?
Bad break for Rahm. Either the first time were false positives or this time is.

3 x 3 is what you do to warm up before practice. Good grief, what a stupid idea for the Olympics.

Reactions: newell138
Anybody know who the play by play guy is doing mens basketball? He sounds like he's barely awake and very amateurish. All the basketball guys NBC can get and this guy gets the gig?

Much like earlier during quarantine where there was not much live on TV, I felt myself watching things yesterday I normally would not have. Enjoyed water polo ( did not know horses could swim like that😎) and 3 on 3 basketball. Wife and daughter are enjoying gymnastics. Still prefer Winter Olympics

Last edited:
I cannot believe how bad NBC is at covering the Olympics -- give ESPN the rights to this already so we can actually watch everything

Another stupid sport I watched today, 3 x 3 basketball. Who comes up with this stupid sh*t?
I've actually really liked the 3x3 -- it's not very great quality but I like how fast paced the gameplay is and how quick a full game is

Much like during earlier during quarantine where there was not much live on TV, I felt myself watching things yesterday I normally would not have. Enjoyed water polo ( did not know horses could swim like that😎) and 3 on 3 basketball. Wife and daughter are enjoying gymnastics. Still prefer Winter Olympics
This is it pretty much it for me too. I'm just dying for sports other than baseball. I just can't sit through a game on TV, live is a different story. Hell right now I'm watching fencing. I've now watched 2 water polo matches and thought they were interesting. But for me 3 x3 basketball and skateboarding was unwatchable. Like @fsg2 said, it was like watching kids d*ck around in a park, there was no rhyme or reason.

I did a double take when I put on TV and saw three on three hoops. I flashed back 45 years ago playing 3 on 3 waiting for more guys to show up to play a full court game. My mother yelling out "Kenny, dinner is ready." I yell back, "coming, we need three more points"

Have little interest. When I saw they made the teams have both a woman and a man hold the flag together I shifted to zero interest. Can't wait till the 2040 games where a GANG of 20 diverse participants simultaneously hold the flag and scrum their way into the stadium.

Olympic Golf needed a team competition like the Ryder Cup.
They should have 16 qualifying teams. The winner would play four times.
They could start early and finish it by the last day of the Olympics.
First day, play alternate shot and foursome and second day singles.
I think this would be more exciting than the Ryder Cup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT