ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 911 outage in 4 states

Curious to see what the root cause of this is. I don't necessarily think the digitalization of this service with no analog backup is a good move.

BBC >> Four US states hit by 911 call outages

The 4 states hit were Nevada, Nebraska, South Dakota and Texas.
agree

that said, 911 is usually for the clean up so does it really matter? What I mean is, fewer than 3% of the calls are for violent confrontations and a recent Stanford study concluded that 911 was being used for less than intended and should be reinvented. That doesn't even get into the fact that studies show police really don't stop crime, again more of a clean up crew.

CCW baby!!!!!

so have a scotch, clean your carry pistol and yippie ki-ya mfer:):)

Reactions: Postman_1
My guess is a foreign goverment-sponsored cyber attack. Earlier this week, Russian hackers hacked into several water treatment facilities in West Texas.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Anyone spot this guy?

flavor flav reality tv GIF

Well, that's a little less dramatic than the other theory floated here.

Its hard to know what happens with cyber because a lot of CYA rolls out.
Lots of hacking happens because security is weak - it looks better to blame state hackers.
Plus Russia often gets blamed for what CCP does because CCP owns more pols in DC.
Its not hard to spoof locations

Here's a cap of a post I read in a computer forum - its shows some of the problems.
Add in that a subcontractor can have an employee screw stuff

tAj91vY.jpeg

Reactions: RUScrew85
Im sure with an open border, and the millions of Illegal Aliens coming into this country. Could 1% of the millions be here for attacks and support logistics and resources for undermining infrastructure in this Nation?
Such as spying and integrating unlawfulness in our cities?
We have the enemy in plane sight around this nation and we dont know who and where they all are.
An attack is coming inside our border which will degrade and strain our ability to respond, lessening our ability to meet our obligations Globally.

Russia…China…Iran…we have plenty of enemies…at some point a dirty nuke will go off somewhere, while key infrastructure is taken out. If anything, it will probably highlight how spectacularly unprepared this so-called “union” is.
Just like how Covid19 blew up on us when the country was distracted by the dog and pony show impeachment trials when he stayed President anyway. Talk about a waste of taxpayers money.

What better time than the Trump trials,AGAIN! Distracting and playing right into the hands of China/Russia/N Korea and Iran,thank you very much.

Im sure with an open border, and the millions of Illegal Aliens coming into this country. Could 1% of the millions be here for attacks and support logistics and resources for undermining infrastructure in this Nation?
Such as spying and integrating unlawfulness in our cities?
We have the enemy in plane sight around this nation and we dont know who and where they all are.
An attack is coming inside our border which will degrade and strain our ability to respond, lessening our ability to meet our obligations Globally.
The morons will blame The Orange Man.

Reactions: Bagarocks
agree

that said, 911 is usually for the clean up so does it really matter? What I mean is, fewer than 3% of the calls are for violent confrontations and a recent Stanford study concluded that 911 was being used for less than intended and should be reinvented. That doesn't even get into the fact that studies show police really don't stop crime, again more of a clean up crew.

CCW baby!!!!!

so have a scotch, clean your carry pistol and yippie ki-ya mfer:):)
When the norm for someone calling 911 to reach an automated message- or put on hold- that is a real issue that needs to re-invented for sure

Reactions: RUfinally2008
There you go. Still some that would have you believe it's all fake. I'm guessing it'll take a mushroom 🍄 cloud to make believers that this country is under attack, lmfao

LOL. No one denies hacking, etc.

The problem is the tinfoil hat society thinks everything is an attack. Or some cover up. Sometimes, and I know this is hard for you guys to believe, accidents happen. Or people are just negligent. Or stupid. Or someone makes a big mistake.

So a ship slamming into a bridge doesn’t have to be an attack. It could be someone acted with negligence. Or someone made a mistake. Or shit just happened.

When the norm for someone calling 911 to reach an automated message- or put on hold- that is a real issue that needs to re-invented for sure
I don't know about norm for that. that isn't one of the issues my research discussed so can't really comment on it. where are you see that this happens often?

LOL. No one denies hacking, etc.

The problem is the tinfoil hat society thinks everything is an attack. Or some cover up. Sometimes, and I know this is hard for you guys to believe, accidents happen. Or people are just negligent. Or stupid. Or someone makes a big mistake.

So a ship slamming into a bridge doesn’t have to be an attack. It could be someone acted with negligence. Or someone made a mistake. Or shit just happened.
or the naive society who ignores all the evidence and circumstance in front of them. the naive society is worse, that thinking usually leads to calamity vs looking stupid

mic drop

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Why is it `only the Republicans wearing tin hats when every other issue has Dems blaming The Orange Man. Will Paterno2.0 crappy pants EVER take blame or be blamed by the Lame Stream Media?

Why is it `only the Republicans wearing tin hats when every other issue has Dems blaming The Orange Man. Will Paterno2.0 crappy pants EVER take blame or be blamed by the Lame Stream Media?
well we got a leftist tin hat guy today torching himself so there is that

• Love
Reactions: RUfinally2008
or the naive society who ignores all the evidence and circumstance in front of them. the naive society is worse, that thinking usually leads to calamity vs looking stupid

mic drop

OK, what evidence do we have that the ship slamming into the bridge was absolutely an attack, a hack, etc?

What evidence do we have that the 911 outages were definitely an attack, a hack?

Last edited:
Reactions: redking
I don't know about norm for that. that isn't one of the issues my research discussed so can't really comment on it. where are you see that this happens often?
I would say that over the past 10 years, I may have had the need to call 911 for various reasons maybe 5 times. and every single time- I got an automated system where I had to select if it was an immediate emergency or not- and then it would take some time either on hold or maybe, should call it, in queue. Same story from almost everyone else I know that has ever called

I would say that over the past 10 years, I may have had the need to call 911 for various reasons maybe 5 times. and every single time- I got an automated system where I had to select if it was an immediate emergency or not- and then it would take some time either on hold or maybe, should call it, in queue. Same story from almost everyone else I know that has ever called
interesting
That has not been my experience in the very few instances I've needed to call. I can believe it though give how so few are for legitimate emergencies any more.

thx

there was a time when my wife's health caused 911 to be called more than a few times a year.
Never had to wait for 911 operator to get on phone and start helping.
Now only occasionally and never a problem ,one year ago was the last time 911 was used
Some people seem to imply 911 isn't working right in their area, and ( my guess) that might mean an understaffed issue causing delays of getting to a live operator and inadequate funding to keep the 911 system working like it should.
Budget cuts might be the real problem when calling 911 isn't getting immediate help
Also it's been mentioned that non emergency calls tie up help, that is a problem , especially if there is a shortage of qualified operators to handle the calls

I see a lot of ads for devices and services that advertise automatic contacting of emergency services. There are always the stories about how an Apple Watch saved an injured person who fell, but there are also a lot of stories about peoples watches erroneously calling emergency services all day long. I can see this sort of thing being off the hook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT