ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ANNUAL FAVORITE THANKSGIVING FOOD POLL

What is your Favorite Thanksgiving food?

• Total voters
usually cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes bring up the rear.

a new addition this year, I am curious to see how turkey skin performs

I like green bean casserole. Don't know why, but I pile that stuff on my plate. Green beans by themselves, suck. Put them with some cream of mushroom soup and fired onions and they're great.

I might be the only person in America who doesn't like Thanksgiving dinner - I don't eat turkey, or any type of poultry.

Stuffing with some sausage in there . We have been cooking it in the bird for over 30 years and no one has gotten sick from it .
You could even do a poll on whether people like dark meat or white meat turkey better. To me the dark has more flavor but white seems healthier option. I know makes no sense.
Green bean casserole we always have . Not sure when that became a thanksgiving staple but it is.

Women on my side of the family do this corn casserole thing.

Yum.

But my wife is a great cook of just about anything. And I think she is going to give it a shot this Thanksgiving by making her own and bringing to my sister’s to compete with her and my cousins.

Which means two things...

giphy.gif

And I win either way. Delish!

Last edited:
Stuffing with some sausage in there . We have been cooking it in the bird for over 30 years and no one has gotten sick from it .
You could even do a poll on whether people like dark meat or white meat turkey better. To me the dark has more flavor but white seems healthier option. I know makes no sense.
Green bean casserole we always have . Not sure when that became a thanksgiving staple but it is.
Campbell' soup marketing

usually cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes bring up the rear.

a new addition this year, I am curious to see how turkey skin performs

I gave it the first vote. Been cooking my turkey over fire for the past few years ... smoked, lightly singed turkey skin is about as good as bacon - not that abomination called turkey bacon, but actual pig.

gravy on everything.. try eating that other stuff without the gravy.. is it still your favorite?

but where the hell is the ham?

Doesn't everyone make a turkey and a ham?

I gave it the first vote. Been cooking my turkey over fire for the past few years ... smoked, lightly singed turkey skin is about as good as bacon - not that abomination called turkey bacon, but actual pig.

wow probably is really good that way....but the skin can be hit or miss...too rubbery..too thick or too overdone...a slight crispiness with some slight juice is how I like mine...and turkey bacon is the cats meow..has to be the cured stuff not the awful cheap stuff like Butterball or JennieO...I buy Godshals

Reactions: FanuSanu52
I like it all, cant believe that people do not like Turkey..and the its about tradition, the more tradition the better,...Thanksgiving is the best holiday ever...but of course Stuffin is #1

wow probably is really good that way....but the skin can be hit or miss...too rubbery..too thick or too overdone...a slight crispiness with some slight juice is how I like mine...and turkey bacon is the cats meow..has to be the cured stuff not the awful cheap stuff like Butterball or JennieO...I buy Godshals

Yep, tough to get right but worth it when you do.

True on skin being touchy. Doing the whole bird in the smoker would be a lot easier but makes skin sickly flab. Gotta have the crackle.

I might be the only person in America who doesn't like Thanksgiving dinner - I don't eat turkey, or any type of poultry.

I'm with ya. I wouldn't say I don't like it but I certainly don't look forward to it all that much. I'd prefer eggplant parm, chicken parm or lasagna over turkey, etc any day

Creamed pearl onions. Bacon wrapped duck breasts. Smoked turkey. Southern cornbread dressing.
12 year old bourbon. A good college football game. SOME of the family.
CPO's rule!, after stuffing. Bourbon needs to be at least 16 in NJ.
Raisins? Who puts raisins in stuffing?
My step-mother did, and one of my friends' Moms. Couple of times at other folks houses over the years. Picked them out. Enjoy your meals and family everyone.

Stuffing NO raisins. It's not oatmeal. The next best thing made out of bread is grilled cheese. Would you put raisins in a grilled cheese sandwich?
I agree 100% no raisins. It has to be dried cranberries!! [winking]
With sausage.
My youngest sister makes a pineapple stuffing. I made fun of her the first time, saying it sounded gross. After tasting I apologized and helped with the dishes. [laughing]

Trying to cut down on the carbs and fat, so I'm looking forward to using the holiday as an excuse to indulge with mashed potatoes and gravy.

All these years Bac and you still haven’t added my Oxtail to your poll... I’m hurt.

We do pretty much all Caribbean food anymore. No one eats the turkey with all the other options so it is a waste.

Thanksgiving dinner is okay, it's the leftover turkey, stuffing, mashed potato and cranberry sauce sandwiches on Friday I look forward to every year.
I love the actual Thanksgiving meal, but I am totally with you on the leftovers...

Leftover warm turkey and gravy with thick fresh mozz on a quality semolina or sub roll a la Fiore's/Vito's in Hoboken... Crazy good.

We have about 10 people and I make enough sweet potatoes for everyone. No one else touches them. I eat them all by Friday.

I buy a pumpkin pie. No one else touches it. I eat it all by Friday.

I love tradition!

Wife's family is Italian so we always have a pasta dish (which I could live without).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT