ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Another Minor/Moderate,Snow Event on Friday (1/19); Still Some Uncertainty

Wow..i said they have access to shit we dont...i never said i believed their bullshit

You are ****ing amazing..are you taking a victory lap and saying I was wrong and you got it right. I have receipts of what I actually said

I called 1-4 and its going to be a minor event as its always been modelled. There will be high spots with the possibility of that trough
Just make a call of 0-6 inches; just to cover your ass.

Looking forward to your first Bacetology post (after you scour legit bracketologists) and pronouncing RU anywhere from out to an 11 seed.

While I try to ignore you in these threads now, I'll make an exception. You're an asshat, as I've been strongly questioning the very bullish NWS forecasts for 2 full days now, but I still share them as they're usually a very good source for weather info. Not this time - massive bust shaping up for anyone north of 78 and perhaps even down towards 195, although it's too early to declare that yet as the storm is just getting going - might want to get your GIFs ready, though.
Numbers getting another forecast wrong gets him upset:

angry-mad.gif

Because they err on side of caution. As i explained before the possibility of a norlun trough setting up enchancing amounts made them nervous. Norlun troughs are hard to pinpoint if they even happen.

As i explained before the idea of widespread 3-6 had to be treated with skepticism

There was a philly storm a decade ago they got caught off guard and 1-2 turned into 6-8. Ever since they are scared to bust

Met and my holly most certainly deserve to be taken to task if this storm underperforms. Its still early so we shall see
This we agree on 100%. That Philly game against the Lions in Dec-2013 saw 8" of snow when about 1" was expected, thanks to the unexpected Norlun Trough developing (it was expected to some degree, but not over Philly).

https://petapixel.com/2013/12/11/lions-eagles-snow-fun-ive-ever-shooting-nfl-game/

https://www.weather.gov/phi/12082013wss

Reactions: Knight Shift
Woodstown NJ. Moderate small flake snow has turned into moderate larger flakey snow

28 degrees and having trouble sticking on treated sutfaces
I know people here like to make fun of treating surfaces prematurely or excessively, but I think it will be important for this event. Probably won't be plowable here, but just enough will fall that if cars run over it and it freezes tonight it could be a problem over the weekend. Salt and some sun tomorrow should take care of everything.

Reactions: bac2therac
Why would you ignore him when you made it a point to respond to Morrischiano troll post about me..then tried to claim I somehow got something wrong.

Learn some self awareness
What are you even talking about? I never responded to Morris's post and didn't like it or anything like that. I responded to your post not his. I did and still do think it was unusual/ironic/whatever, that I was strongly questioning the NWS and you were defending them, which you have to admit is a bit of a reversal. Also, I've always given you kudos on your tourney picks, repeatedly, but it's rare that you say anything positive about my weather posts. Yes I'll likely be off on my 3.3" prediction, but I nailed the 1/6 storm predicting 2" and getting 2" at my house and was close on Tuesday's with a prediction of 3.2" and an outcome of 2.4".

Reactions: Morrischiano
Back to the weather - huge flakes and moderate intensity right now with about 1/4" on the ground. Long way to go to get to 1-2" (my updated guess this morning; my 3.3" forecast will likely bust badly).

Back to the weather - huge flakes and moderate intensity right now with about 1/4" on the ground. Long way to go to get to 1-2" (my updated guess this morning; my 3.3" forecast will likely bust badly).
Do you have an updated guess on Philly? NWS has 4-6 on their website.

Oh and who is Norlun? Any relation to Norbert?

What are you even talking about? I never responded to Morris's post and didn't like it or anything like that. I responded to your post not his. I did and still do think it was unusual/ironic/whatever, that I was strongly questioning the NWS and you were defending them, which you have to admit is a bit of a reversal. Also, I've always given you kudos on your tourney picks, repeatedly, but it's rare that you say anything positive about my weather posts. Yes I'll likely be off on my 3.3" prediction, but I nailed the 1/6 storm predicting 2" and getting 2" at my house and was close on Tuesday's with a prediction of 3.2" and an outcome of 2.4".

I was explaining why they did it not agreeing with them which you insinuated

I know people here like to make fun of treating surfaces prematurely or excessively, but I think it will be important for this event. Probably won't be plowable here, but just enough will fall that if cars run over it and it freezes tonight it could be a problem over the weekend. Salt and some sun tomorrow should take care of everything.
Or just a leaf blower would work today.

As of 10:30 heavy flakes falling but not sticking to roads. So much salt put down the other day. Intensity comes in waves.

Tomorrow though will be very cold..high in mid 20s...low 30s Sunday

Meant for the roads.
I know but people that don't use salt and brine at their homes can use a leaf blower. I've used a leaf blower many times. It works great with this type of snow. Dry stuff and not too windy.

Wow, snowing heavily now, since about 10:30 am with beautiful dendrites and we've gone from about 1/4" at about 10:15 am to 1.0" on the ground now as of just about 11:00 am, which is > 1" per hour rates over the last 30 minutes or so. I'd have to guess this is 15-20:1 snow to liquid ratios - very fluffy/low bulk density stuff, one could use a broom to clear. If we can somehow keep this up for awhile 2" or more is back in play. 29F still.

Edit - just took the pics below - roads all getting covered quickly and dendrites ftw, lol...

LoZ79DJ.png

10ExwEk.png

Last edited:
I know but people that don't use salt and brine at their homes can use a leaf blower. I've used a leaf blower many times. It works great with this type of snow. Dry stuff and not too windy.
Oh yes, it's actually perfect for this type of stuff.

The Meadowlands is still on for tonight.Freehold canceled out for today yesterday afternoon.
Yonkers is proving to be the smartest track of all in our area by not starting their season until Jan.22nd,the time of the January Thaw.

While struggling on paved surfaces which basically what everyone really is concerned about..the snow is fluffy and higher ratio...approaching inch in Belle Mead on cold surfaces

I'm a civic-minded individual, but I draw the line at leaf-blowing the roads. I mean. do pay some taxes each year...
Can't remember if it was a joke or real that a lawnmower company used to put a warning on their packaging to not use the mower as a hedge trimmer. Maybe the same should apply to using a leaf blower to clear the roads? Would not want to lose any good fans on this board. But the poster who posted using a leafblower is absolutely right, it is a great tool for clearing light fluffy snow.

• Haha
Reactions: RU848789
2-3" being reported by folks in and around Philly, so far. Philly is going to be way ahead of NYC after this storm, lol

2-3" being reported by folks in and around Philly, so far. Philly is going to be way ahead of NYC after this storm, lol
Yes. They are calling and have been calling for 3-6 all along. The reduction of amounts was just for North and West as I posted at 5:28am. I guess you don't know that NYC is North of Philly. 🤣

Cherry Hill/Haddonfield area I'm guessing at least 2". It's been steady and heavy for a while since before 8am. If it keeps up like this until rush hour it could approach higher prediction amounts.

I do like reading these threads, even with the disagreements on forecasts, or at least used to much more than the recent ones. The vitriol going back and forth over weather prediction is pretty sad. Read a post or don't. Believe a prediction or don't. It's up to you. Nobody is shutting down a school or planning their ski weekend based upon a thread on a Rutgers Football fan forum.

Reactions: bac2therac
Can't remember if it was a joke or real that a lawnmower company used to put a warning on their packaging to not use the mower as a hedge trimmer. Maybe the same should apply to using a leaf blower to clear the roads? Would not want to lose any good fans on this board. But the poster who posted using a leafblower is absolutely right, it is a great tool for clearing light fluffy snow.

Do you know using it will kill your social credit score

Wow, snowing heavily now, since about 10:30 am with beautiful dendrites and we've gone from about 1/4" at about 10:15 am to 1.0" on the ground now as of just about 11:00 am, which is > 1" per hour rates over the last 30 minutes or so. I'd have to guess this is 15-20:1 snow to liquid ratios - very fluffy/low bulk density stuff, one could use a broom to clear. If we can somehow keep this up for awhile 2" or more is back in play. 29F still.

Edit - just took the pics below - roads all getting covered quickly and dendrites ftw, lol...

LoZ79DJ.png

10ExwEk.png
As of 11:30 am, up to 1.6", so 1.2" per hour rate the last 30 minutes. Snow back to light/moderate level, but the radar looks pretty good for the next hour or so, so 2" looks to be a lock. Amazing how quickly things can change.

Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT