ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Anthony Bourdain heads to Jersey

I truly enjoy his shows. Love how he 'takes responsibility' for the food he eats.

Just once in his show or Triple D, or any of the other shows where they taste food, I would love for the host to say, wow, that was god awful! LOL

Just once in his show or Triple D, or any of the other shows where they taste food, I would love for the host to say, wow, that was god awful! LOL

Bourdain has done it. So has Zimmern. Fieri hasn't but I think that's because they don't air pieces if he really doesn't like something.

Anthony Bourdain heads back to his home state of New Jersey for his latest show, 'Parts Unknown' on CNN.

It will air at 9PM EST on CNN on Sunday, May 31st.

For a preview:
http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/05/15/exp-parts-unknown-new-jersey-sneak-peek.c

He previously did an episode on NJ in his old show - 'No Reservations' on the Travel Channel. Mario Batali was featured quite prominently in that episode.

Really looking forward to the episode because Southside Johnny will be on it.

Born in NYC, grew up in Leonia. Love his shows and his books - Kitchen Confidential is a must read for anyone interested in the restaurant biz (you won't ever eat seafood on Mondays ever again, lol). Can't wait for the NJ show. And yes, he has savaged a few dishes and locations over the years, but much more frequently, he'll say "that's good," when something isn't top notch.

But when he truly is bowled over you can tell - the expletives come fast and furious, as he repeatedly will say how f-ing aswesome a dish or a meal is. Just rewatched the episode from Croatia (No Reservations) and it was obvoius how amazing he thought the food was everywhere he went. It's now on my future list of destinations just because of the show - that and Vietnam.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2000/aug/12/features.weekend1

Reactions: batts
Guy Fieri doesn't care for eggs. A few times on Triple D he has made some "man, this is awful" faces when eating eggs.

I saw some sciency show some time ago where they explained that sometimes, maybe often, finnicky kids who hate certain foods might not be being finnicky. They found that there are physical differences in the way people experience taste.

That kid who hates broccoli? It could very well be because, to him, broccoli is atrocious. He does not taste it the same way that you.. who might like it or at least tolerate it... tastes it.

That could explain Fieri and eggs.

Born in NYC, grew up in Leonia. Love his shows and his books - Kitchen Confidential is a must read for anyone interested in the restaurant biz (you won't ever eat seafood on Mondays ever again, lol). Can't wait for the NJ show. And yes, he has savaged a few dishes and locations over the years, but much more frequently, he'll say "that's good," when something isn't top notch.

But when he truly is bowled over you can tell - the expletives come fast and furious, as he repeatedly will say how f-ing aswesome a dish or a meal is. Just rewatched the episode from Croatia (No Reservations) and it was obvoius how amazing he thought the food was everywhere he went. It's now on my future list of destinations just because of the show - that and Vietnam.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2000/aug/12/features.weekend1

If you love food, you have to make your way to Vietnam - if and when you get the chance. Truly amazing. And for like $5 (and that's on the steep side) - you eat like a king. Subway has nothing on Vietnam!

He will be eating the best Philly cheesesteak @ Donkey's in Camden, NJ
Have eaten there-it is the only thing they serve-and it is the best.
They don't ask you what you would like, they ask, "cheese and fried onions?

He will be eating the best Philly cheesesteak @ Donkey's in Camden, NJ
Have eaten there-it is the only thing they serve-and it is the best.
They don't ask you what you would like, they ask, "cheese and fried onions?
I love Donkey's, I really do (I grew up ~10 minutess from Camden), but it's not truly a Philly cheesesteak. It's sliced steak, not chopped and it's served on a round, poppy-seed Kaiser role, with copious amounts of onion. But it's pretty damn good and it's an institution - been there for 70 years.

http://donkeystoo.com/about-donkeys/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT