ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Herbie getting soft

Don't like Herbstreit but

18jwl2.jpg

If it was up to Herbie, Clemson would not have 2 Natty's right now. FSU deserved the chance to compete.

Don't like Herbstreit but

18jwl2.jpg
We can debate the merits of the tweet all day

What's not debatable is Herbie should know better
I used to really like the guy- appeared down to earth and clearly knows his stuff

But like Dabo fighting with "Tyler from Spartanburg," these things never end well

One day these guys will learn you'll never win vs. the Internet

I can see why Buckeye fans turned on him.
Eventually, most of these guys start drinking the kool aid and believing their own hype
I'm guessing now he joins all committee members as being corrupt in your eyes. Anyone that doesn't agree with you is corrupt, gotcha 🙄

I'm guessing now he joins all committee members as being corrupt in your eyes. Anyone that doesn't agree with you is corrupt, gotcha 🙄
Herbie’s an ESPN shill - they sign his paycheck, he plays the game

I’ve provided reasons why I believe the committee is corrupt, and have yet to see you formulate a response for why they’re not, based on the facts I gave you

Reactions: MulletCork
Herbie’s an ESPN shill - they sign his paycheck, he plays the game

I’ve provided reasons why I believe the committee is corrupt, and have yet to see you formulate a response for why they’re not, based on the facts I gave you
You didn't give me facts!! You gave me your single stance opinion. Typical conspiracy nut saying what you believe are facts. Using a broad brush saying anyone that does not agree with you are corrupt.

You didn't give me facts!! You gave me your single stance opinion. Typical conspiracy nut saying what you believe are facts. Using a broad brush saying anyone that does not agree with you are corrupt.
You’re either you’re off your meds or those 80s looking NBA mini bike shorts are clouding your brain

I already explained to you about boo Carrigan.

ESPN had an official SEC schedule release last night for an hour.

Sec is a much more valueababke asset than the Acc and bama & Texas are both top 5 brands

Use some deductive reasoning for once, and a little bit of common sense, and it’s plain as day as to what happened

Reactions: motorb54
The problem stems from the idiocy of telling the committee to select the “best” team.
playoff berths should be earned through winning period.

Come to think of it, having a committee is a problem in the first place.
The issue is that nobody can agree on the right ranking system between the BCS computers and the committee

Having a playoff is good, but 12 teams is too many. 6 is ideal in most years, although this year would be an issue as leaving Ohio State out would be tough

The problem stems from the idiocy of telling the committee to select the “best” team.

There could be a year where a team has an unusually easy schedule in conference, and an easy out of conference
That team will always be questioned

One day these guys will learn you'll never win vs. the Internet

I can see why Buckeye fans turned on him.
Eventually, most of these guys start drinking the kool aid and believing their own hype
Sportscasters today often make their point robustly, probably much more than necessary
Herb could have said pretty much everything without getting cranked up, he would have made his point, with little blow back
Just leave out the insult of the general FL state fanbase

You’re either you’re off your meds or those 80s looking NBA mini bike shorts are clouding your brain

I already explained to you about boo Carrigan.

ESPN had an official SEC schedule release last night for an hour.

Sec is a much more valueababke asset than the Acc and bama & Texas are both top 5 brands

Use some deductive reasoning for once, and a little bit of common sense, and it’s plain as day as to what happened
Explained what?? You have no facts. In your mind you simply say he was corrupt because he is the AD at another school in the same conference as FSU. Which in itself hurts your stupid theory that he is corrupt. You are the mental one here. Again your "value to ESPN, the SEC etc" are not fact that everyone is corrupt! If it doesn't fit your theory, which has no facts at all, it's just your opinion. The phrase "deductive reasoning" is the mantra of conspiracy nuts! Come back when you have facts that everyone that doesn't agree with you is corrupt! Maybe you should look up the words "fact" and "opinion".

Explained what?? You have no facts. In your mind you simply say he was corrupt because he is the AD at another school in the same conference as FSU. Which in itself hurts your stupid theory that he is corrupt. You are the mental one here. Again your "value to ESPN, the SEC etc" are not fact that everyone is corrupt! If it doesn't fit your theory, which has no facts at all, it's just your opinion. The phrase "deductive reasoning" is the mantra of conspiracy nuts! Come back when you have facts that everyone that doesn't agree with you is corrupt! Maybe you should look up the words "fact" and "opinion".
What specific facts are you looking for?

This isnt a murder case, OJ isn’t riding around in a white bronco and there’s not pools of blood at the crime scene

nobody is going to flat out say that they left FSU out due to money considerations and Bama’s ratings

They don’t have to, it’s plain as day as to what happened

If you can’t see the system was rigged in favor of the SEC for a one loss Bama team that should have lost to Auburn the week before (yes, the same Auburn team that lost by 30 New Mexico State), I honestly don’t know what to tell you

Reactions: Rutgers NJ

College Football gonna College Football

Reactions: mdh2003
Has this become an FSU board?

I get their fans being pissed and throwing a temper tantrum. We’d probably be doing the same thing if we were ever lucky enough to be in that situation. But aren’t there plenty of FSU boards to house this stuff?
It's a college football board (Rutgers centric odiously), where OT threads have become commonplace, and most of them talk about anything but college football

I'm actually in favor of a separate "OT" board within the Rutgers rivals site for all OT topics

Reactions: ScarletDave
With all the kids opting out of bowl games it will only be a matter of time before the playoff field is expanded to 16(and maybe more).

He’s right that FSU as a team talent wise because of QB injury is not “better” than Alabama right now.

BUT that doesnt mean that the team didnt earn a shot to play for a national championship.

Leaving and undefeated team from the Power 5 out for 1-loss teams is a sad precedent. It basically solidifies the fact that this is not an “official” playoff to crown a deserving season champion, but rather a post-season “invitational” tournament, just like all the ESPN basketball invitationals, they invite whoever they want that they think will deliver the most eyeballs. Period.

It's funny, but people have been arguing against expanded playoffs in everything for years and the world never ended because of it. My enjoyment in sports has been enhanced because of it.
It's a money grab but also very entertaining
NFL and MLB expanded playoffs have been great
College i antgicipate being awesome as well

Reactions: RUPete
It's funny, but people have been arguing against expanded playoffs in everything for years and the world never ended because of it. My enjoyment in sports has been enhanced because of it.
Absolutely. Very much looking forward to the 12 team playoff. The old and very strange criticism that this will “devalue the regular season” is ludicrous. It’s the same logic that was used to try to prevent any playoff for decades. It is going to create much more interest in the sport and more excitement especially in Nov.

Reactions: RUPete
At what point is it enough w the regional state school system florida school on a Rutgers board

At what point is it enough w the regional state school system florida school on a Rutgers board
When the mods or Richie decide to stop letting OT threads on such football centric topics as stocks, vacation destinations, dinner recipes, bike trails, neighborhood bars and outdoor furniture, I'll gladly stop posting about the 3-time national champion, top 5 recruiting, robust NIL, dynasty making, ratings machine, top 10 brand, national name, game changing Seminoles.

One would think on a football board, we'd like to discuss football things.
Mostly related to Rutgers, with other pertinent topics regarding reputable football schools also permitted

Reactions: rubaseball78
you knew he had screws loose when he was crying on tv about privilege meanwhile he benefitted and his son benefitted bigly
B/c I liked and respected him, I chalked that up to him being caught up in the moment and succumbing to internal pressure from his employer

Now though, he's clearly rattled, which is amazing being that he was a D1 QB for OSU and none of this should even be a blip on his radar

He's an intelligent guy - so you'd figure he would know not to get caught up in the internet wars. It's a lose-lose situation

Has this become an FSU board?

I get their fans being pissed and throwing a temper tantrum. We’d probably be doing the same thing if we were ever lucky enough to be in that situation. But aren’t there plenty of FSU boards to house this stuff?
Just ignore him.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Herbie is and always has been soft… a biased sports analyst who is just looking for hits on his Twitter account.

If he's looking for hits on twitter...then mission accomplished!!
Oh yeah Herbie made that well known when he cried those crocodile tears several years ago. He is a phony but sells it well. If he only kept it to the game he’s not bad.

It's a college football board (Rutgers centric odiously), where OT threads have become commonplace, and most of them talk about anything but college football

I'm actually in favor of a separate "OT" board within the Rutgers rivals site for all OT topics
You think it’s odious that a Rutgers football board is Rutgers centric?

Reactions: rurichdog

One of my fav expressions is "a camel is a horse designed by committee."

Reactions: Scarlet16E
You think it’s odious that a Rutgers football board is Rutgers centric?
If we removed all the OT threads, then yes

Couple that with sharp criticism when mentioning NIL, tailgate location taking precedence over what's best for the program and the Greg fan boys defending him at every turn despite even a little bit of critiquing, and one might think we're playing recreation football instead of actually trying to win games and compete for titles

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT