ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 10/26-10/28 Thurs-Sat

Colorado's Weaver (the one DB's interfered with twice) is a good WR - USF's leading reciever for a couple years

Nice throw for the TD but too little too late for Colorado

GT down 42-39 to UNC…8:47 left…both teams over 500yds of offense

I've been watching GT and UNC all night. Tech is going up tempo and the UNC defense is gassed. Tech has had a nightmare of a time stopping the main UNC RB, and Maye has made some big throws to receivers. The scoring isn't over yet.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Haynes King with big run off the delayed mesh for 50yds. Next play inside the redzone of UNC.

Inside the 5 now.

Oh wow GT TD on 3rd and goal after long ref discussion

I’m guessing it will get reviewed

I think it will be hard to overturn from the replays they’ve shown so far

Last edited:
James Madison and Old Dominion have a good one going on ESPNU. JMU leads 30-27 with about 11 minutes to go.

Nice throw for the TD but too little too late for Colorado

GT down 42-39 to UNC…8:47 left…both teams over 500yds of offense

Buffs started showing life when they stopped making every play a long gainer.
Eli and OBJ made a living on slants instead of the bombs Eli liked.
Buffs OL is like a D3 unit after their injuries.
Shilo's safety replacement was terrible.
Buffs not bowling would be a good thing because they need the time to recruit

Arizona nice win against #11 Oregon State. 27-24. Jonathan Smith went for a fake FG which was probably mid 30s range just before half, It got yards but with little time left to score from 20+ yards out seemed like a strange decision to me. Time ran out. 35yd FG would've been helpful at the end of the game. Don't follow the Lanning rules for FGs vs 4th down tries lol...stick with the Leipold rules...those FGs he kicked for Kansas were crucial. I still stay it's play it by ear but you have to be smarter about when is a good time go and when to just take points and not be greedy.

Said above stick with the hot hand and Fifita has been doing a solid job for them. 25/32 275yds 3 TDs 1 INT

I said a week or 2 ago Colorado probably has a better chance against WSU than Arizona and this result reinforces that opinion. WSU has gone into a tailspin losing 4 in a row now too. If they don't get a win against WSU, Colorado will probably be pinned at 4 wins which is positive but a bitter pill to end the season like that.

Last edited:
Arizona nice win against #11 Oregon State. 27-24. Jonathan Smith went for a fake FG which was probably mid 30s range just before half, It got yards but with little time left to score from 20+ yards out seemed like a strange decision to me. Time ran out. 35yd FG would've been helpful at the end of the game. Don't follow the Lanning rules for FGs vs 4th down tries lol...stick with the Leipold rules...those FGs he kicked for Kansas were crucial. I still stay it's play it by ear but you have to be smarter about when is a good time go and when to just take points and not be greedy.

Said above stick with the hot hand and Fifita has been doing a solid job for them. 25/32 275yds 3 TDs 1 INT

I said a week or 2 ago Colorado probably has a better chance against WSU than Arizona and this result reinforces that opinion. WSU has gone into a tailspin losing 4 in a row now too. If they don't get a win against WSU, Colorado will probably be pinned at 4 wins which is positive but a bitter pill to end the season like that.

Yeah, that fake FG call was a real head scratcher with 0:03 on the clock- what was he thinking. Fell asleep, woke up for a fire call and caught the end of the game. Jedd Fisch (NJ Guy with no football experience, played tennis in HS) has got Arizona on the right track.

Yeah, that fake FG call was a real head scratcher with 0:03 on the clock- what was he thinking. Fell asleep, woke up for a fire call and caught the end of the game. Jedd Fisch (NJ Guy with no football experience, played tennis in HS) has got Arizona on the right track.
Yea I didn’t think he was gonna be a good hire but he’s got them on a nice trajectory. 1 win then 5 wins and now year 3 at 5 wins and a cusp of a bowl.

I always remember the line from Rosen at UCLA about how Fisch’s playbook is encyclopedic and complex etc and that was a turn off to me because I’m a fan of KISS. His offenses have been up and down but have to give credit because he’s got a redshirt freshman Fifita in there playing well.

Yea I didn’t think he was gonna be a good hire but he’s got them on a nice trajectory. 1 win then 5 wins and now year 3 at 5 wins and a cusp of a bowl.

I always remember the line from Rosen at UCLA about how Fisch’s playbook is encyclopedic and complex etc and that was a turn off to me because I’m a fan of KISS. His offenses have been up and down but have to give credit because he’s got a redshirt freshman Fifita in there playing well.
KISS? You going to the final show at MSG?
Gene and Paul run an Air Raid offense. 😜
I'm more of a fan of AC/DC, but they run a ground and pound.

End_of_the_Road_World_Tour.png

• Haha
You may have covered this above about Pitt?

I did post about it above and Narduzzi specifically tweeted about it afterward to clarify again.

Supposedly it was taken out of context and he put it on himself but I didn’t see much difference except the true full quote also includes himself taking blame.

From Mandel’s weekly 20 thoughts article in the Athletic

It was a rough day for Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi. Two years removed from winning an ACC championship, the Panthers fell to 2-6 with a horrendous 58-7 loss at Notre Dame. Making matters worse, an out-of-context postgame quote in which Narduzzi seemed to be trashing his players went viral on Twitter, catching the attention of several of them who retweeted it. The full quote was more innocuous, with Narduzzi saying in part, “It starts with me. I didn’t do a good enough job coaching today,” but the damage was done, prompting him to send a tweet of his own reinforcing the message: “I am 100% responsible for today’s loss.”

He is indeed 100 percent responsible for failing to restock his QB room post-Kenny Pickett. Former Penn State backup Christian Veilleux, who replaced former Boston Collegestarter Phil Jurkovec a few weeks ago, threw four picks against the Irish.

Saw this tweet from a reporter from the Athletic.

Maryland is 7-20 in October and November under Mike Locksley, including 0-3 this year (excluding the interim and COVID years).

Reactions: shields and RU#1fan
I did post about it above and Narduzzi specifically tweeted about it afterward to clarify again.

Supposedly it was taken out of context and he put it on himself but I didn’t see much difference except the true full quote also includes himself taking blame.

From Mandel’s weekly 20 thoughts article in the Athletic

It was a rough day for Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi. Two years removed from winning an ACC championship, the Panthers fell to 2-6 with a horrendous 58-7 loss at Notre Dame. Making matters worse, an out-of-context postgame quote in which Narduzzi seemed to be trashing his players went viral on Twitter, catching the attention of several of them who retweeted it. The full quote was more innocuous, with Narduzzi saying in part, “It starts with me. I didn’t do a good enough job coaching today,” but the damage was done, prompting him to send a tweet of his own reinforcing the message: “I am 100% responsible for today’s loss.”

He is indeed 100 percent responsible for failing to restock his QB room post-Kenny Pickett. Former Penn State backup Christian Veilleux, who replaced former Boston Collegestarter Phil Jurkovec a few weeks ago, threw four picks against the Irish.

Narduzzi isn't wrong, the kids he replaced them with are not as good it would appear

Saw this tweet from a reporter from the Athletic.

Maryland is 7-20 in October and November under Mike Locksley, including 0-3 this year (excluding the interim and COVID years).
Unfortunately 3 of those 7 wins in Oct/Nov under Locksley have come against us.
That will change in a few weeks.

After what their fans pulled Saturday (not arguing politics, mad bc they stopped the game), I’m looking forward to Cal coming to Tallahassee and laying 60 on them

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT