ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

And now it's gone...just kidding. Are you guys placing any restrictions on the sale of it?
Four until Christmas but at $6.49 a piece (11.2oz) people just buy a few anyway. My cost per case of 20 was near $100. After no limit.

I was able to get two cases of Stille Nacht. Doesn't sound like much but it's a great win for my store. There is no other store in Philadelphia
5 counties that has it for sale retail. The famous Monk's Cafe had it on tap (presumably will return) and in bottles. (Bottles vintages are 2015, 2015, 2023)
Check out RateBeer's rating.
Also to correct myself the Foodery in Phoenixville does have some 2022 left. Good news is this beer ages beautifully but their price is $9.99 a bottle. Mine are 2023.

I'm in Philly for a few days every few month for work. I'll try and stop in and check it out.
If you are ever in Phoenixville definitely check out the Foodery. Maybe the biggest bottle shop in the area. Great selections, very big store compared to their other 4 stores.

Tree House might be the best brewery in USA. Everything I have ever had from them is fantastic.
Two of my buddies did a day trip last Saturday from NJ to Charlton, MA. The two of them picked up orders for 7 or 8 people. My own order was over $350. Great stuff.
Has to be the longest running thread on this board.
And a pleasure to help continue running.

This was excellent, as always...
  • 2023_ANTEAD_Base_4c6a7289-2c1a-46d2-8165-8642122e0593.webp

A NIGHT TO END ALL DAWNS (2023)​

BOURBON BARREL-AGED IMPERIAL STOUT​

12.3% ABV​

Our 2023 ANTEAD base is our award-winning blend of ANTEAD Imperial Stout barrels ranging from our base ANTEAD recipe to our double-mashed and extended-boil ANTEAD recipes, all aged in carefully selected bourbon whiskey barrels and then blended. The average age of this blend is 20 months in oak and includes Weller, Elijah Craig, Wild Turkey 10-Year Russel’s Reserve, and Old Fitzgerald barrels, among others. This beer pours a dark black color with a dark mocha head and has a refined classic dark malt profile balancing chocolate with a touch of roast and features a variety of deep and complex full rounded bourbon notes, light vanilla spice, and fruity dark chocolate with a textured but balanced mouthfeel and overall profile

If you are ever in Phoenixville definitely check out the Foodery. Maybe the biggest bottle shop in the area. Great selections, very big store compared to their other 4 stores.

Just saw this :

FIRST TIME IN AMERICA AND ITS HERE AT BRAUHAUS SCHMITZ! The worlds largest selection of exclusively German beer on tap welcomes KALTENBERG RITTERBOCKThe famous Royal Bavarian double bock was awarded the accolade of the World’s Best Doppelbock by the WBA. This crystal clear chestnut coloured beer is crowned with a tight, fine, stable brown foam and affords aromas of roasted malt, chocolate and summer honey to entice your senses. The full-bodied taste is spicy and combines roasted malt, bitter almond, bitter chocolate and coffee flavours with a soft touch of wood and liquorice. The aftertaste is persistent with an integrated bitterness. Notes of espresso, chocolate and caramel linger on the tongue. With 9% ABV this is a powerful Knight’s beer able to lubricate your suit of armour! A special treat for connoisseurs of strong beer! #phillyphilly #philly #citylife #phillybars #phillyrestaurants #beers #visitphilly #drinkphilly #warsteiner #konigludwig #beerlovers #beernerd #Germanbier #phillybeer

Reactions: borochop
Just saw this :

FIRST TIME IN AMERICA AND ITS HERE AT BRAUHAUS SCHMITZ! The worlds largest selection of exclusively German beer on tap welcomes KALTENBERG RITTERBOCKThe famous Royal Bavarian double bock was awarded the accolade of the World’s Best Doppelbock by the WBA. This crystal clear chestnut coloured beer is crowned with a tight, fine, stable brown foam and affords aromas of roasted malt, chocolate and summer honey to entice your senses. The full-bodied taste is spicy and combines roasted malt, bitter almond, bitter chocolate and coffee flavours with a soft touch of wood and liquorice. The aftertaste is persistent with an integrated bitterness. Notes of espresso, chocolate and caramel linger on the tongue. With 9% ABV this is a powerful Knight’s beer able to lubricate your suit of armour! A special treat for connoisseurs of strong beer! #phillyphilly #philly #citylife #phillybars #phillyrestaurants #beers #visitphilly #drinkphilly #warsteiner #konigludwig #beerlovers #beernerd #Germanbier #phillybeer

One of my favorite places in Philly. Definitely behind Monk's but right there with the other top places in the area. Great happy hour too! Any beer on tap $5 M-F

Reactions: Tango Two
Evil Twin NYC has been putting out a ton of good BA beers with their Great Northern series.

Nugget Nectar's are out.

Had some last week.

Thought it was early in the season?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT