ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

For the long weekend I got myself a six pack of Cape May Mop Water, perfect for cold, snowy nights, and six of PBR because why not?

Last night I went to famous Monk's Cafe in Philadelphia. I saw they had a very rare beer on tap. De Dolle Stille Nacht (Silent Night) a 12% Belgian Ale. One of the best beers I every had!

Reactions: RUnTeX and Doteman
Last night I went to famous Monk's Cafe in Philadelphia. I saw they had a very rare beer on tap. De Dolle Stille Nacht (Silent Night) a 12% Belgian Ale. One of the best beers I every had!

Reactions: RUnTeX
Sam Adams Cold Snap is back in stores. I’ll stock up on a few cases before it’s gone for the season.
Gotta pick me up a six pack. Good beer and I'm a straight Bud drinker. One thing about Sam Adams is it always seems they put out their seasonal beers too early. Cold Snap is supposed to be a Spring beer but it's already out. They have Summer Ale out by April. Too damn early and it'll not be available come late August when they will put out Octoberfest way too early !!

Gotta pick me up a six pack. Good beer and I'm a straight Bud drinker. One thing about Sam Adams is it always seems they put out their seasonal beers too early. Cold Snap is supposed to be a Spring beer but it's already out. They have Summer Ale out by April. Too damn early and it'll not be available come late August when they will put out Octoberfest way too early !!
Unfortunately just about everyone does that. Sometimes you'll see pumpkin beers and Oktoberfests as early as August or even late July. I've learned that if I wait to buy them until I actually want them, the good ones are already gone, so I buy the ones I know I like and then hold onto them until the fall.

Reactions: RUaMoose
ci-bissell-brothers-the-substance-ale-e69c3dd0dafd049f.jpeg

Reactions: Jm0513
Bissell is very good. Was up there a few years ago when visiting Portland. Great beer scene there.

Bissell is very good. Was up there a few years ago when visiting Portland. Great beer scene there.
I was there this past April. There's one spot that has three breweries next to each other in a connected building, I can't remember the names of them, but next door is Definitive, and Allagash is across the street.

Reactions: Zak57
I was there this past April. There's one spot that has three breweries next to each other in a connected building, I can't remember the names of them, but next door is Definitive, and Allagash is across the street.
Allagash is a classic. Love the wheat beers they produce.

Didn't have Definitive up when I was there but they distribute in Jersey now so have had a little. Austin St was really good as well.

Allagash is a classic. Love the wheat beers they produce.

Didn't have Definitive up when I was there but they distribute in Jersey now so have had a little. Austin St was really good as well.
Ah Austin St. was one of the breweries in that 3-brewery building, they have at least two locations. Definitive was my favorite of the Portland breweries. I'm in New Hampshire right now and wasactually just at Definitive's other location in NH yesterday. A lot of good beer up in this part of the country!

Reactions: Zak57
Reactions: Tango Two
Just had my 5000th different beer checked in since January 2016 on untappd. An app for beer geeks to track what they have had. It’s like fb for drunks. I don’t know if i should celebrate or punch the guy who got me started

• Haha
Just had my 5000th different beer checked in since January 2016 on untappd. An app for beer geeks to track what they have had. It’s like fb for drunks. I don’t know if i should celebrate or punch the guy who got me started
5000 beers since Jan 2016?
I’m sure there’s some that drink that in 1 year lol😳

5000 beers since Jan 2016?
Yes, that is correct. That’s just different beers. Not the ones i have had more than once. With that said most are only small tasters. 2-4 ounces. But still. I will say i have remained 185 lbs as i work out like crazy. You can reallly pile up the numbers at beerfests. My best showing was trying 108 different beers in 4 hours at The Atlantic City Beerfest, drinking about an ounce or so of each

Last edited:
Not the biggest IPA guy but this is DELICIOUS!

File This - NE Style IPA

Heavily Dry Hopped New England Style India Pale Ale style is aggressively hopped with Motueka, Simcoe, Amarillo, and Citra to provide and Orange Citrus notes and aromas.

Brewed with Citra, Amarillo, Simcoe, and Motueka providing notes of citrus, tangerine, and stone fruit.

Local brewery in New Providence NJ

289015023_2603454726458455_8216008737107260515_n.jpg

s782280370165873308_p301_i1_w440.jpeg

belgium-trappistes-rochefort-triple-extra.jpg

Notes: In 1920, well before the production of the famous Trappist Rochefort 6-8-10 in the 1950s, the monks at Rochefort brewed an extra-strong blonde beer and continued brewing it for several years. Now, 100 years later the monks are very happy to offer a strong blonde beer inspired by the original recipe: The Trappist Rochefort Triple Extra.

Reactions: Postman_1
Went with one of the best in the world tonight:

148-ST-BERNARDUS-ABT-12-w.png

tumblr-8635f763216d2dd0314440da1a0673bc-b3b02f39-500.jpg

Went with one of the best in the world tonight:

148-ST-BERNARDUS-ABT-12-w.png

tumblr-8635f763216d2dd0314440da1a0673bc-b3b02f39-500.jpg

The best beer you can buy in the USA. I've been at the Brouwerij St. Benardus. Great place. Beautiful area. It's near the French boarder in a section of Poppering called Watou. Most of Belgian hop farms are in this region of West Flanders.

Oktoberfest officially begins Saturday. So make sure you stock up for Saturday's tailgate. Also if you are looking to head to a brewery in the Philadelphia area after there are a few I can recommend. If your are crossing the Walt Whitman then you are close to Tonewood Brewing and their beautiful new tap room in Barrington. If you going back 95 there is Neshaminy Creek and if you are hanging in town there is Love City Brewing. Enjoy

Need to score some of these!

Extra, Extra Trappist Tuesday has NEW news: long awaited Westmalle Extra has arrived!

Sitting at 4.8% ABV, Extra has been a table beer of the monks since 1836 and is just now available to the general public for the first time.

307001317_577359167517978_6480025881081251374_n.jpg

SOLID!

stbernardusxmas.jpg

St. Bernardus Christmas Ale is a dark seasonal brewed in the classic ‘Quadrupel’ style of Belgium’s best Abbey Ales. (10,0 % ABV) Similar to all the beers from our brewery, it greets the drinker with the signature aroma of the St. Bernardus house yeast strain (in use since 1946!) Rivaling the complexity of the St. Bernardus Abt 12, St. Bernardus Christmas Ale offers a spicy, mint-like flavor profile exuding the tastes of warming alcohol, fermented molasses, apricots, licorice and marzipan that are highlighted by the perfect balance of brewing sugars.

Aecht_Schlenkerla-Eiche-doppelbock_navidad_alemana_chapa_cervezas-diferentes.jpg

Aecht_Schlenkerla-Eiche-doppelbock_etiqueta_alemana_chapa_cervezas-diferentes.jpg

Aecht_Schlenkerla-Eiche-doppelbock_etiqueta-2_alemana_chapa_cervezas-diferentes.jpg

Aecht_Schlenkerla-Eiche-doppelbock_navidad_alemana_chapa_cervezas-diferentes.jpg

Aecht_Schlenkerla-Eiche-doppelbock_etiqueta_alemana_chapa_cervezas-diferentes.jpg

Aecht_Schlenkerla-Eiche-doppelbock_etiqueta-2_alemana_chapa_cervezas-diferentes.jpg

Nice, love that brewery and their rauchbiers. I really liked the lager they have. More of a subtle hint of smoke after sipping.

Wasn’t it Coors Banquet beer the rage in the 70’s? Only available west of the Mississippi River at that time.
Yes it was. Great marketing. I remember my high school social studies teacher saying how amazing it was. I tried it and was like yea better than peels but amazing nah. Haha.

Reactions: Knightmoves
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT