ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rickie Fowler's girlfriend should have been appropriately dressed

Call me crazy, but she doesn't do it for me. Too tall and skinny for my liking. I also like women with class. If my girl was at the Player's dressed like she just crawled off the beach, I would have some issue with that. In front of the whole world no less. But he's a pro golfer and rich and I'm talking about him on a message board, so what the F do I know.
Just wait until you get a little older. They all look pretty good at my age.

Ordinarily, I would have considered that joke too late to the party and a little cheesy. In this case, it was perfectly timed to break up whatever Augusta national tangent is still being debated above. Hat tip.

I can just imagine Spock turning to Dr. Mccoy and say "your comment about "pussification" is illogical".

This was a big deal for a lot of people since it was right in our face. I have no issue with her clothing if she were at Sandy Hook, NJ where you expect to see beautiful women wearing stuff like that. But not at a golf tournament that is on TV with PWC as a sponsor. PWC has some explaining to do since they have a lot of women who don't come to work dressed up like that.

http://seattle.suntimes.com/nationa...fowler-model-girlfriend-alexis-randock-photos

This was a big deal for a lot of people since it was right in our face. I have no issue with her clothing if she were at Sandy Hook, NJ where you expect to see beautiful women wearing stuff like that. But not at a golf tournament that is on TV with PWC as a sponsor. PWC has some explaining to do since they have a lot of women who don't come to work dressed up like that.

http://seattle.suntimes.com/nationa...fowler-model-girlfriend-alexis-randock-photos
For some reason I thought you were under 50. Nobody under 50 U.S. That uptight.

Legally speaking you are mixing two concepts.

Businesses and organizations that are "open to the public" are not allowed to discriminate based on suspc ft cfflassifications (race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, creed, religion). That's provided by the Civil Rights Act, which was held constitutional in Heart of Atlanta Motel v. US (holding US could regulate discrimination in private businesses because of the aggregate impact on interstate commerce)

There are limited exceptions where a business or other public organization can discriminate, if it is essential to the nature of the business (known as a bona fide occupational qualification). This is why Hooters can refuse to hire male servers, and why white people cannot force employers to hire them as hibachi cooks.

Private clubs that are not generally open to the public can discriminate on whatever basis they want, regardless of whether it is related to their purpose. This is the constitutional right to freedom of association.
Im .o lawyer but gender and sexuality do .ot fall under the strict scrutiny test (suspect classification)

Im .o lawyer but gender and sexuality do .ot fall under the strict scrutiny test (suspect classification)
It falls under intermediate scrutiny. And the suspect classification was created in Loving v. Virginia, aboutlaws banning interracial marriage, using the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT