ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Snow day - what is everyone doing

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
Here in Smoothland, I'm WFH as I was supposed to be on the road seeing account but no dice in this weather.
Wife & Daughter are outside playing in the snow, will probably join them in a bit

Took a few minutes and booked spring training trip down to Naples for the end of March
Sox & Twins are both in town, and Italy plays Peru in Miami that week as well

Checked recruiting, a few message boards, and checked in with a buddy re. the lawsuit
Would love to plan road trips but as usual, the ACC hasn't posted the schedule yet for 2024

Hoping there's some good college bball on tonight
Have a nice bowl of pasta for dinner with a San Pelligrino and some lemon squeezed in there

What is everyone else doing on this snowy Friday?

WFH like every Friday.
Kids has half day so picked them up.

Just bought tickets to the Sum 41 final tour.
They are opening Stone Pony Summer Stage this year.
The Interruptors are opening.

I'm doing a deep dive into determining which G5 conference FSU is most likely to end up in.
You, like a host of others around here, are going to be greatly disappointed when FSU joins the B1G.

At least tell me you're coming to our inaugural tailgate when the Noles come to Pway in a few years?

You, like a host of others around here, are going to be greatly disappointed when FSU joins the B1G.

You're absolutely right about that. However, I'm not expecting to ever encounter that disappointment.

At least tell me you're coming to our inaugural tailgate when the Noles come to Pway in a few years?

I run a tailgate at all Rutgers home games, even those scheduled against G5 opponents.

I'm rejoicing over the fact that TKR is up and running on my wifi!!!!

dumb and dumber thread GIF

You're absolutely right about that. However, I'm not expecting to ever encounter that disappointment.

I run a tailgate at all Rutgers home games, even those scheduled against G5 opponents.
You should come to ours
We'll teach you all the traditions
The Warchant, Fight Song, national championship trivia, Heisman facts, etc.
It'll be a grand time!

Well we have openings for G5 games in 2030 and 2031, so maybe we'll see you then.

Well we have openings for G5 games in 2030 and 2031, so maybe we'll see you then.
What will happen first...
You'll eat crow once this is all settled in 1-2 years and FSU is in the B1G or....
You'll enter in the 21st century and realize NIL isn't going anywhere

The first will never happen, and, secondly, although I dislike it intensely I already know NIL is here to stay. Unless the federal government steps in and is heavy handed about it.

Took my snow day yesterday to ride a foot of fresh. Was a little more wind-haammered than expected, not the light powdered sugar of a week ago. Also sketchy af in terms of weak layers. Still a great day of sunny skies and fresh tracks, tho, and certainly much better than working!

Was gonna duck out today again but will wait 'til next week. Back to wfh.

Gotcha
So as usual, you spout off but refuse to back it up
Bitch move, but par for the course

Why should I back it up or bet on it? My team is in the premier football conference, your team, eh. You have provided nothing but your opinion that they'd get into my conference. Hell, they're still stuck in the ACC. And you seem to be unable to handle message board banter without getting huffy and insulting and defensive. As the old saying goes:

299x223px-ll-52e196e1_lighten_up_francis.jpg

Why should I back it up or bet on it? My team is in the premier football conference, your team, eh. You have provided nothing but your opinion that they'd get into my conference. Hell, they're still stuck in the ACC. And you seem to be unable to handle message board banter without getting huffy and insulting and defensive. As the old saying goes:

299x223px-ll-52e196e1_lighten_up_francis.jpg
First of all, in regard to college, it's "schools," not teams
Teams are professionals - you support your school, and root for your team

My school is kicking some major ass; even after getting screwed out of the playoff this year, the recruiting is top 10, we're killing it in the portal, and NIL is one of the premier ventures in the game.

Mike just rejected Bama and signed a massive extension, and we've poached a handful of their guys
Me thinks we'll be just fine

My hope is Rutgers can get to that level one day
I truly believe it's possible; whether or not it happens remains to be seen

Read the cliffs of the lawsuit; you'll see very quickly why I'm as confident as I am about the ACC departure
The money will be the holdup; but, from everything I've heard, it's peanuts compared to the #'s thrown out there

As I mentioned to Bus previously, and will reiterate to you, I live by the golden rule of treat others how you want to be treated.

If someone is going to crack on me, that's fine.
But don't cop plea's and act all innocent when I give it back.

We're all Rutgers fans here - that's why we're on the board.
And men bantering about sports is a time-honored tradition that goes back well before you and I were around

What's makes college football great is you can root for a team in each of the conferences. Rutgers will always be most of our #1's. Many of us have spouses, kids and relatives that went elsewhere. Multiple rooting interests make it fun (and rooting against as my wife is a PSU grad).

What's makes college football great is you can root for a team in each of the conferences. Rutgers will always be most of our #1's. Many of us have spouses, kids and relatives that went elsewhere. Multiple rooting interests make it fun (and rooting against as my wife is a PSU grad).
Exactly
And unlike the NFL, there is usually great comradery and a lot less anger between opposing fan bases.

Reactions: Section124
As a kid, my friends and I would be out shoveling walks and driveways to earn some cash. Now I just stay inside and admire the snow from this side of the window. Looks much better than when I was delivering the mail!

Watching grandkids who had a snow day. Got to hear them complain when we told them they had to spend some time on math and reading. Went out in the snow with them for a bit.

Cabin fever bad. Trapped here for 3 days after pretty bad ice storm, very nasty roads, etc. Over 6 feet new snow in the mountains! Some thawing predicted for today. Good news is we go to Hawaii on Monday. If we can get to the damned airport!!!!

Cabin fever bad. Trapped here for 3 days after pretty bad ice storm, very nasty roads, etc. Over 6 feet new snow in the mountains! Some thawing predicted for today. Good news is we go to Hawaii on Monday. If we can get to the damned airport!!!!

Good to hear on the mtns. Looking at a trip to Mt. Hood in a couple weeks. Was supposed to go early this month but scrapped the plan because of the terrible start to season.

Good luck on the trip ...sounds like the perfect change of pace!

Good to hear on the mtns. Looking at a trip to Mt. Hood in a couple weeks. Was supposed to go early this month but scrapped the plan because of the terrible start to season.

Good luck on the trip ...sounds like the perfect change of pace!
Thx! Mt.Hood got pounded last week. Timberline 105" Mt Hood Meadows to 130". Snowpack at normal now,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT