ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Springsteen tour begins in Tampa tonight

Spring Nuts on Twitter too.

Not all that amped about this tour.

Sound checks have him playing songs from the new covers album. Sign seen in Tampa:

78szn5.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: PiscatawayMike
I'm not that amped up either, but that's only because I know I can't afford to go to more than one show.

I attended 33 shows in 10 cities on the 1999-2000 reunion tour. Face value on most of the tickets I bought for that tour: $37.50 (behind the stage) and $67.50 (in front of stage).
Same here. I have been monitoring Backstreets BTX, and there is a pretty strong divide over there (imagine that!!) between those who drink the Bruce-flavored Kool Aid, and those who are on the Bruce Kook Aid wagon.

I did not see as many shows as you did on the reunion, but I sent to quite a few. The River tour was a bit of a let down, and maybe went to 5 or so. My long time Springsteen touring buddy who I went to a lot of shows passed from cancer in 2014, and it was not the same without him. We had a lot of fun and laughs during the reunion and subsequent tours.

Was blown away at how cheaply Metallica priced their tix for Met Life. They are not as big as Springsteen, but I sense that they "care" about their fans and take care of them a lot better than Springsteen Inc, perhaps because this may be the last major run for Bruce and the ESB. Bruce has done well, and hopefully the band has done well enough too.

Not saying anything against the thread. I saw Bruce many times in the 70s and 80s. Not interested anymore.
You're right I shouldn't have bothered even to post something.
I still like you, not that you care. 😂

8:04 p.m. Start Time

Set list so far:
1. No Surrender
2. Ghosts
3. Prove it All Night
4. Letter to You
5. Promised Land
6. Out in the Street
7. Candys Room
8. Kittys Back
9. Brilliant Disguise
10. Nightshift
11. Don’t Play That Song
12. The E Street Shuffle
13. Johnny 99
14: Last Man Standing
15: House of a Thousand Guitars
16. Backstreets
17: Because the Night
18. She’s the One
19: Wrecking Ball
20. The Rising
21: Badlands

Encore:
22: Burnin’ Train
23: Born to Run
24: Rosalita (Come out Tonight)
25: Glory Days
26: Dancing in the Dark
27: Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
28: I'll See You in My Dreams (Solo-Beautiful job)

Show Over 10:44 p.m.

Last edited:

Set list so far:
1. No Surrender
2. Ghosts
3. Prove it All Night
4. Letter to You
5. Promised Land
6. Out in the Street
7. Candys Room
8. Kittys Back
9. Brilliant Disguise
10. Nightshift
11. Don’t Play That Song
12. The E Street Shuffle
13. Johnny 99
16. Backstreets
18. She’s the One
20. The Rising

Encore:

Not a bad set list except no Jungleland.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Not a bad set list except no Jungleland.
Yeah, no Meeting Across the River, She's the One, Adam Raised A Cain.
Nothing from The River.
Limited time, and he wanted to work in new songs.
Saw a favorite band in December, and they played 10 of 12 songs off their new album, leaving a lot of old fan favorites off the setlist.
Has to get boring playing the same thing every night.

Set list so far:
1. No Surrender
2. Ghosts
3. Prove it All Night
4. Letter to You
5. Promised Land
6. Out in the Street
7. Candys Room
8. Kittys Back
9. Brilliant Disguise
10. Nightshift
11. Don’t Play That Song
12. The E Street Shuffle
13. Johnny 99
16. Backstreets
18. She’s the One
20. The Rising

Encore:

House of a Thousand Guitars is a Willie Nile song isn't it ?

House of a Thousand Guitars is a Willie Nile song isn't it ?
I forgot he had a song with that same title, but it is a different song. Good catch, Moose.

Reactions: BossNJ and RUaMoose

Set list so far:
1. No Surrender
2. Ghosts
3. Prove it All Night
4. Letter to You
5. Promised Land
6. Out in the Street
7. Candys Room
8. Kittys Back
9. Brilliant Disguise
10. Nightshift
11. Don’t Play That Song
12. The E Street Shuffle
13. Johnny 99
16. Backstreets
18. She’s the One
20. The Rising

Encore:

Now living in Sarasota. Loved the show last night!

He played Backstreets.

I would have left happy if he read the Tampa phone book after that.
Agree! Backstreets is my concert favorite. I get goosebumps whenever I'm lucky enough to be in the building whenever it's played.

A lot of people are complaining because he didn't play Thunder Road.

No complaints from me when you get Backstreets.

Thread needs a new title. It is Bruce, not Springsteen, at least here is NJ

Same here. I have been monitoring Backstreets BTX, and there is a pretty strong divide over there (imagine that!!) between those who drink the Bruce-flavored Kool Aid, and those who are on the Bruce Kook Aid wagon.

I did not see as many shows as you did on the reunion, but I sent to quite a few. The River tour was a bit of a let down, and maybe went to 5 or so. My long time Springsteen touring buddy who I went to a lot of shows passed from cancer in 2014, and it was not the same without him. We had a lot of fun and laughs during the reunion and subsequent tours.

Was blown away at how cheaply Metallica priced their tix for Met Life. They are not as big as Springsteen, but I sense that they "care" about their fans and take care of them a lot better than Springsteen Inc, perhaps because this may be the last major run for Bruce and the ESB. Bruce has done well, and hopefully the band has done well enough too.

Can't wait for the Metallica concerts.
It's a 2 night single ticket event (Fri/Sun) with complete different openers and set lists.

$567 for 2 seats to basically 2 different concerts.
Approx $140/seat/show.
Not a bad deal.

How much are Springsteen tickets?

Mike - thanks for posting. I got in the lottery for tickets to USB on Long Island but by the time I got in, there was nothing left that wasn't ridiculously expensive. So with that, combined with driving back and forth to Long Island on Easter Sunday, I bagged it. Then I was planning to get a Philly ticket on Stub Hub. But that's the same night I'm taking my wife to see The Killers in AC. I'm probably not going to throw down for the MSG or Newark shows. However, I am going to see him in Vienna in July. Go figure.

Mike - thanks for posting. I got in the lottery for tickets to USB on Long Island but by the time I got in, there was nothing left that wasn't ridiculously expensive. So with that, combined with driving back and forth to Long Island on Easter Sunday, I bagged it. Then I was planning to get a Philly ticket on Stub Hub. But that's the same night I'm taking my wife to see The Killers in AC. I'm probably not going to throw down for the MSG or Newark shows. However, I am going to see him in Vienna in July. Go figure.
I have been going to see The Killers since around 2006. By far my favorite band. Lucked out to be at the MSG show in October when Springsteen showed up for the encore! Have fun at that show in A/C!

"Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Launch World Tour With Ecstatic, Emotional Tampa Show​

Their first concert in six years featured new songs, deep cuts, hits, and a moving speech about losing friends and the cruel passage of time...."

"Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Launch World Tour With Ecstatic, Emotional Tampa Show​

Their first concert in six years featured new songs, deep cuts, hits, and a moving speech about losing friends and the cruel passage of time...."

Golly do they love the Bruce Kool Aid at Rolling Stone. If he farted into the microphone for 2 hours, they would give it a 5 star review.

Can't wait for the Metallica concerts.
It's a 2 night single ticket event (Fri/Sun) with complete different openers and set lists.

$567 for 2 seats to basically 2 different concerts.
Approx $140/seat/show.
Not a bad deal.

How much are Springsteen tickets?
A lot more, you might be able to pay $200 for nosebleeds. You must have good seats for Metallica. I paid $94/ticket/show, including TM fees. I think I am in the 200's somewhere, and OK with that. We sat in club seats last time, and with the video screens, it was great, and the sound was fantastic. Really looking forward to Pantera with Zakk Wylde and Charlie Benante. Phil looks like he is the best shape in a while.

We should tailgate and talk OCs, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT