• I'd rather beat TTFP narrowly and then get blown out by OSU

Votes: 90 66.2%
  • I'd rather beat OSU narrowly and previously get blown out by TTFP

Votes: 46 33.8%

• Total voters

RCTrooper

All American
Apr 9, 2010
If you had the power to chose one of the following (all other games being constant), what would you choose?

1. Ohio State is the defending National Champion.....no brainer.
2. After the Temple Owls upset Pedd St. nobody is gonna be impressed when we defeat them in Happy Valley.

Beating Pedd St on their field would be wonderful and it'd mean that we'd probably be 4-0 heading into MSU at home. I'd take that scenario over a blowout loss to Pedd and a home win to OSU (a win which would be viewed as a fluke).

If you have a chance to beat the defending national champions then who cares what PSU fans have to say. Their opinion is already irreverent and you win the respect of all of college football beating the champs.

Keep dreaming fellas. Maybe if ya come across Aladdin's Lamp, the genie will let you use one of your wishes for what you all wany so desperately? :smiley:

I hope you guys beat PeeSU, and take over that erection set they call a stadium in the process. I do want my bucks to repeat :). However if we are looking at realistically without any bias, a win against tOSU means 100x more then a win against Pee state. Of that does happen I would be depressed for a few hours then quickly get over it. Even I know how much that would mean for our home state school. Rutgers is now my de facto 2nd favorite football team.

Keep dreaming fellas. Maybe if ya come across Aladdin's Lamp, the genie will let you use one of your wishes for what you all wany so desperately? :smiley:
Lucky for you one your fans cursed Nova on 9/14.

I would want to beat OSU even though I hate psu. If we were their only loss and they went on to win it all Rutgers would be talked about all year just like Virginia Tech was last year. Now if we have a decent year to boot this would be a good recruiting tool. Too the psu poster please stay on your dysfunctional board we don't need your comments here.

OSU by far - its a huge win nationally and would have a ripple effect recruiting wise. TTFP would be big to us, but would be a blip on the radar otherwise.

Reactions: ahmeda3
If you had the power to chose one of the following (all other games being constant), what would you choose?

I would rather beat PSU and get blown out by OSU. OSU is on a different level then us right now so getting killed by them is not a big deal. PSU is a team we can play with and recruit against on a regular basis. A win vs them in their place would shut them up for a little bit, help us recruit against them and in general help our perception. Beating OSU would be more about them not taking us serious, we got lucky that type of stuff instead of us getting credit which we would get if we beat PSU.

Reactions: BuckRU
Won't vote as a never concede a loss, close or otherwise. I fully understand anyone beating OSU this year is a long shot and that includes RU. Just my way of looking at things.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Win over Ohio St. Anyone who chooses Penn St instead, is just obsessed with that program.

Win over Ohio St. Anyone who chooses Penn St instead, is just obsessed with that program.

Disagree. I don't know how old you are but for those of us of a certain age we've seen blowouts against Penn State all through the 80s and early 90s. I think it means a lot more to many of us to beat TTFP. Not necessarily an obsession.

What if Maryland And Penn state beat Ohio State, and Penn State only had one loss at the end of the season? Then who would you vote to beat (and give PS their only loss)?

Not an obsession, I just think beating them will help the program more. OSU would be perceived as a lucky or fluke win, beating PSU would be perceived as Rutgers beating an equal and would help with recruiting more in my opinion.

Reactions: RC85

Are you kidding?? A win against last year's national champion and all time powerhouse OSU would be RU's greatest victory of all time.

Reactions: Rokodesh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT