ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Do you support Greg Schiano's contract extension?

Do you support Greg Schiano's contract extension?

• Yes

Votes: 168 74.7%
  • No

Votes: 57 25.3%

• Total voters
I wonder how many people are reconsidering their answer now that HC Fran Brown is at Syracuse and apparently in 2 weeks HC Brown has undone all the recruiting and program advantage Rutgers and HC Schiano had over Syracuse.

Reactions: Barry Zito
I wonder how many people are reconsidering their answer now that HC Fran Brown is at Syracuse and apparently in 2 weeks HC Brown has undone all the recruiting and program advantage Rutgers and HC Schiano had over Syracuse.
Schiano has undone the Ash era, no need to worry
Brown hasn't proved anything and we all know he can recruit but he needs to be able to use the talent he brings in.

Fran's just the new Jeff Hafley

Nothing against Greg but I voted "no." My ultimate preference would be that the NCAA or an association of University Presidents come together and agree that all contracts be limited to two years and that they could be extended another year each year upon mutual agreement. There would be no buyouts beyond the two-year contract limit. This creates a level playing field in terms of coaching contracts without indebting institutions of higher education for millions of dollars to buy out contracts of unsuccessful coaches. As an academician I do not consider payment of such buyouts to be a good use of university funds and this insanity should stop immediately.

Ultimately, only University presidents and their boards can make this happen. In the long run, I believe that this will help the survival of our student sports programs that we all love so much.
Nothing against you but as an academician I'm assuming you could probably figure out that NO STUDENT ATHLETE would ever play for an institution whose coaching staff is only on contract for 2 yrs. As an academician you could probably figure out that the student applications have increased insanely since RU became member of the B1G. As an academician you could probably figure out that B1G sports contracts will bring in approx $80 mil a yr, naming rights will bring in millions more in a number of buildings. RU is ranked #40 academically which is 100% driven by being in the B1G which was 100% because of athletics getting RU the invite. No NY market for athletics no RU in B1G....so YES GS deserves to have a mode of the pack contract. Thank you for letting us know you are an academician which actually pertains ZERO to him getting a raise

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT