ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PREVIEW/LIVE THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then you have to rebound.
No matter what, you have to rebound and they didn't do it all game
It’s the coaches job to put the players in the best position to succeed. IMO that didn’t happen today.

You can talk about play execution all you want, but guys also made plays to make up for it.

How many did Caleb score today? If I posted his slash line before the game, everyone would have said we boat race ND.

Pike didnt pass the ball in...something you learn and I teach. Pass the player open he had Geo open he had a step you then pass him.open. a high lob is the absolute dumbest pass I r seen now multiple gsmes
Did RU have a TO? Could he throw it against the defenders foot for a kick?

Time was running out and he panicked.

Paul should Never be allowed to inbound another ball again. Cant believe how poorly they executed down the stretch
He did the same fuking thing in the Indiana game before Ron sunk the 3 to win. Paul sucks at the inbound.. Period. Literately multiple times this year he has given the ball away to give the other team the ball. Call a fuking timeout or chuck it down the court… Anything instead of giving the other team the equivalent of a pass infront of our basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: socaldave
Cliff got schooled tonight. Still has a lot to learn. Can’t live on dunks alone.
Cliff didn’t get schooled any worse than the rest of the starting 5. It’s like they had no idea what a PNR or back door cut was. Just abused by the same thing all game long.

I actually think you’re a great poster that in general leans on the positive/benefit of the doubt side of things, but you’ll call it how you see it for the most part.

Some people are just afraid to criticize Pike and it’s nonsense IMO
Oh trust me. I’m positive but I see posters like yourself who are critical, not negative. There is a huge difference. And types of posters like yourself speak facts that a lot of our fans think is negative. Which is not.

For the life of me, I don't understand why they let Wesley get a free run to the basket at the end of the first OT. Guy couldn't hit the wide side of a barn all game including on the FT line. FOUL HIM and make him make two FTs to tie the game.
Pike NEVER does that. he always wants them to defend,

Reactions: ScarletDave
There was no one open. That is on Pike.
Paul could have called time out!
For a PG, even Paul would tell you he F'ed that one up.
Harper was right in front of him and he lobs it 10 feet in the air.
Or just call TO.
Even at the end there Mulcahy was lost and fouled unnecessarily. For a PG, you gotta have better awareness of the game within the game. Kid panicked. Not saying to crucify him. It's okay it happens, but he panicked and he of all people should be the most aware on the court in those spots.

Everyone relax. If we really can’t take a loss without blaming each other than maybe we’re the worst fans in the Big10. Let’s just accept and move on. We lost. On to the football season.
Exactly. Thanks for pointing out these fools.

Did anyone else think that Harper was fouled on that three-pointer to tie it at 87? Granted they won by two, but they would have gone into their offense sooner if they had been behind
There were multiple fouls not called in the First half

Crew just questioning why no TO called after last made shot to try a heave down the Floor. Just so many strange decisions and mistakes.
Guess need to be happy we provided an exciting game for the nation and be happy the frustration is over for another year.

There you go again. Take your meds and try to get some rest buddy. Your Tourettes syndrome is really bad tonight.
Hey sorry for calling you out for being an asshole. I know I should be better and not call out assholes. I will try to be better tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow you can also try not to be an asshole.

Crew just questioning why no TO called after last made shot to try a heave down the Floor. Just so many strange decisions and mistakes.
Guess need to be happy we provided an exciting game for the nation and be happy the frustration is over for another year.
They also said pike was trying to call timeout and there was 1.4 seconds left so who cares.

Crazy that we had all these upperclassmen and they still played freestyle - Street ball. No thought behind anything, no game plan.. Not even smart enough to tryin draw fouls. Jus jack up shots - hope they go in

Hey sorry for calling you out for being an asshole. I know I should be better and not call out assholes. I will try to be better tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow you can also try not to be an asshole.
Lol .No worries. Get some rest and I'll try to give you another lesson tmrw.

Paul was screaming and signaling in the refs face for a TO

Glad you guys came to an agreement. Now kiss it out lmao
Haha. I just know that some people have serious disorders and I am totally serious. In the moment I lose my mind and I shouldn’t. I need to be better. We all do. These people that say such stupid things. There’s a reason and people shouldn’t attack them.

Lol @ RutgersSam - I skipped to the last page of this thread so I have no idea what you are arguing about, but I just want to let you know that if you think you have witty retorts, snappy comebacks, or are making yourself look good, you aren't. You look absurdly pathetic and are definitely not coming out on top with any of your responses, lol.

Sometimes I wonder how people read their posts back to themselves in their head. I hope you're drunk as shit, because if you're sober and don't think you're coming off as looking like a dipshit, you're beyond hope.

Reactions: Danprusa_4
Haha. I just know that some people have serious disorders and I am totally serious. In the moment I lose my mind and I shouldn’t. I need to be better. We all do. These people that say such stupid things. There’s a reason and people shouldn’t attack them.
Exactly. And there’s really no point when you’re not face to face like actual men saying it in front of eachother

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Exactly. And there’s really no point when you’re not face to face like actual men saying it in front of eachother
Lol. Mmmk. Not much point face to face either. There are too many people with issues in the world to spend that much time. Need to let it go and hope they get some help and be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT