ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PREVIEW/LIVE THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
🤣 Norte Dame isn't even good. But when your coach - can't coach on the fly, and your upperclassmen fold, and make dumb decisions - over and over like - their freshman & Sophomore -- of course your vulnerable to get smacked around. Embarrassing. But we are Rutgers - embarrassment isn't foreign to us. But once again - Embarrassing......

FOUR CONSECUTIVE HALVES + 2 OTs WITH ZERO BENCH POINTS. AND THOSE ARE THE PLAYERS COMING BACK NEXT YEAR. đź’©

Reactions: RUboston
They were all watching while the ND kid went after it. Same thing happened all game long.
Sucks because Cliff left him to challenge shot, but that shot had no chance guy was out of control and too far under backboard, Harper had him well defended.
Tough to ask somebody to box out in that type of situation it's bang bang, Cliff helps and only a split second before before the guys goes up for the rebound.

We were completely sluggish. Emblematic of this team.. work your ass off to get here, then completely play indifferent and uninspired once you make it to the biggest game of your life. Harper looked so out of breathe while ND players had spunk even into double OT.

We were up 7 and plying well and then for whatever reason Hyatt and Mag came in and stayed for a while…smh

Cliff and Paul played like it was the first time they played in the NCAA’s

Can I go teach Pike the simple stack plays I learned in fourth grade?
Pathetic. Last option for the pass in that stack would be a high toss to Cliff who doesn't move from his start position, just has to leap for the ball. No way they steal the inbounds. Probably puts Cliff on the line with a two point lead. And that is only if the other three, one of whom sets a pick, do not get open for the inbounds.
Can't pass the ball to our worst ft shooter in that spot.

Reactions: QD43
They got Atkinson we got Hyatt and Agee. Explains a lot.
True... Atkinson is better but he only averaged 12 a game and he had what 26 or so this game and i believe missed only 1 shot all game? He played big and tough - Cliff couldn't handle him 1 on 1. Tip of the cap to him. Sucks it was against us.

Is there anything more painful than being a Rutgers fan?

i constantly feel like Charlie Brown after Lucy pulls the football away
Had some good wins this year … and RU had 2 team titles in women’s sports, school record in gymnastics this year … overall one of the best years in sports for RU with a chance for both lacrosse teams to reach the NCAAs, and crew. Softball and baseball with a chance to make the World Series.

Reactions: RU-05
Pikes terrible in bounds play was the game*
Pike didnt pass the ball in...something you learn and I teach. Pass the player open he had Geo open he had a step you then pass him.open. a high lob is the absolute dumbest pass I r seen now multiple gsmes

Another inbounds play brain fart that was masked by two answered prayers from Ron Harper Jr.

The board is way too hard on Mulcahy. He had a poor start but was fine after that. There was no bench production AGAIN, and the starters ran out of gas. This is a game that Rutgers wins by 10 last year because of Myles Johnson and Jacob Young; really wish they stayed.

Reactions: MikeRU09
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT