ADVERTISEMENT

Round of new restaurants in NB

Jonny S

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
In the former Tula, there is now City Cafe, a new Spanish place. That adds a little variety so I am eager to hear reports.

I think in the old Let's Yo spot on George comes Chapati House. Let's hope that goes better than the other Indian failures in NB.

Replacing Garden Steak (RIP), comes Veganized, which couldn't be further away on the spectrum. The reviews for this look amazing and I am eager to try it just from a curiosity perspective.

Again, I am no longer a local, so I don't have any other sense of what's going on, on the ground, other than what I can find online.

I will say Tula never made any sense to me - surprised it lasted as long as it did. Never saw anyone in there and it was too upscale for that specific area. VERY excited about Veganized - def have to check that out - it's been a long time coming and makes a lot of sense IMO (may be biased since I'm a vegetarian though).

Reactions: mfgiguy
I went to INC this past Friday.

Food was much better than I anticipated, had pulled bbq pork sandwich and it was delicious. The bill was also cheaper than I expected to spend originally.
Something is wrong with their service, they were understaffed and only had one bartender. Took us (2 of us) 20 minutes to get a waitress to our table to start and another 20 minutes before we got our first drinks. Drinks took way too long. My GF is a restaurant manager and stated this is the problem when a chef starts their own restaurant (without proper experience), they are usually lacking in the service department. This happened to us a couple weeks ago when we went to cross and orange in asbury park. Fantastic food, service was awful.

I had no idea INC specialized in Whiskey. They have tons of selections and don't do a good job advertising until you sit down at the table and take a look at their whiskey menu. They have "Whiskey Wednesday" specials if anyone is interested.

Garden steak still exists at the court tavern and there is a sign in the window where Makoeda was saying something along the lines of "The Dillinger Room coming Fall 2015".

Next to Hansel on Easton, a Jersey City transplant called Cookies N' Crepes moved in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT