ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs JOHNNY game thread

The 3 pointer always seems to favor the opponent.26-20 Rutgers with 3 minutes to go in the first half.

Fox Sports One with Rafferty and Tim Brando

I keep getting ESPN alerts that say St. John's is ahead in this game. The latest one has them ahead 34 - 26 if I remember correctly. Do they have the score backwards?

33-26 RU. Daniels is playing very well. Need to get Freeman going

Stupid fouls by Rutgers down the stretch keeping St.Johns in the game.Rutgers leads 33-26 at halftime.Daniels is the star of the game so far with 14 points.

33-26 half

SJU was coming back a little but Williams 3 and that shot at the end by Daniels gave RU their cushion back

RU probably should be up more as they were a little careless at times, SJU was cold early then started to hit some 3s

I like the defensive effort by RU and we DO look like the better team here with more talent. I expect a win now after predicting a loss lol

Reactions: RU-Choppin-Ohio
my quick layman's observations:

decent ball movement in the half court
pushing up the ball more to try and get easy buckets
solid defense

still have trouble finishing at times and knocking down jumpers

I think we've only made 3 shots outside the paint. We start making outside shots too and this is a blowout.

Freeman needs more than one or two shots a half. Corey has to make sure he gets him involved in half two.

We're not bad. I think SJU is playing decent basketball.

15-34 shooting overall....need improvement, but, not horrible. Left a lot on points off the board with a lot of missed open shots and a few forced ones. Sanders did not finish on at least 2 drives....hopefully, they start to fall or he can force some fouls.

Only 2 complaints

1. Foreman played too much. We need him high energy. Can't do that with that amount of consecutive minutes
2. Use your time out when SJU got in to offensive ryhtmn. Thx to RU

I am tickled pink how much in control Sanders is. Really what the team needs (missing for ever). Hope he keeps it up.

First time seeing the team. Wow Sanders. We have not had a player like him in a long time. Second, Foreman getting some rebounds. Daniels playing under control. Mike Williams, luv his defense. Freeman working hard, hard. Do not like the way our starting center plays. As others have noted, he looks worse than last year. Diallo is more athletic and comes in off the bench and grabs a rebound. Our starting center drops the ball, takes bad - really bad shots, throws the ball away. Diallo needs to slow down just a bit. He will start before too long. Short bench though. Would love to see Kwe Parker with these young athletic guys. Would be off the hook.

Really want us to win this game. Big win if we can pull it off. Backyard brawl.

Steve Lavin, good insights on the game at halftime.

First time seeing RU this year. Not expecting Sanders to play so within himself. He's always in control. Needs some work on his scoring, but the intangibles are there. We are really weak down low. Lewis and Diallo are not enough.

Sanders is a difference maker. He looks to be the best back court player we've had since Douby.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT