ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers G/F Awa Sidibe out for the season

Just saw this on X. This is an awesome blow. Alec, any details? Unbelieveable. grrrrrrrrrr

Just popping over for the first time in a while, and this is the news I see? Ugh.... not good! Major loss for the team. I hope she will be okay. Wonder what the cause is.

This is why you fill out the roster or at least get close. Washington gets a pass for only having 8 players last year. Absolutely no excuse for not getting at least to 12 this year when the maximum is 15.

Last edited:
No depth and now even less
ot won't be easy, but I doubt most RUWBB fans thought it would be a walk in park.
Can only feel the coaching staff felt adding bodies that might not get playing time would hurt the chemistry in locker-room more than help rest starters during games

This is why you fill out the roster or least at close. Washington gets a pass for only having 8 players last year. Absolutely the excuse for not getting to least to 12 this year when the maximum is 15.
This may be a very hard lesson for her to learn as the season progresses.

This may be a very hard lesson for her to learn as the season progresses.
maybe it's a case of not getting the type of players you want and not wanting to gamble a scholarship on a player you feel wouldn't be a good fit.
I think Coach Coquese is not really looking at this year to be a winning one, just trying to bring in the type of talent that fits her plan for the future

Reactions: highsoxguy
maybe it's a case of not getting the type of players you want and not wanting to gamble a scholarship on a player you feel wouldn't be a good fit.
I think Coach Coquese is not really looking at this year to be a winning one, just trying to bring in the type of talent that fits her plan for the future
There is a lot written on this, with various takes, throughout WBB. A recent article highlighted Arizona's issues with getting the right players, balancing recruiting and the portal, and having "too many" players, which was 15, something Tasha said years ago at a Cager's meeting about 15 players. Add in "walk-on" issues now days as well, as some walk-ons want minutes in games (even if garbage minutes) versus a philosophy that their purpose is for practice and if they get in the game it is a rarity.

Very enlightening the difficulties the portal and the changing expectations of players have given coaches.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT