ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Wisconsin - Noon On Peacock

This is not a Rutgers thing. Penn State has already had a game on Peacock. If Peacock ever had a chance to grab a Michigan or Ohio Stat game, they would do that too and there wouldn't be damn thing either of those schools could do about it.

The Big Ten signed off on the deal. If enough ADs or presidents had objected to the deal it wouldn't have been signed. It's that simple.

Michigan has been on Peacock already this season. And we had a crap ton of old men who spend 365 days a year discussing Michigan football complaining about having to pay the price of a fast food lunch to watch a game.

Peacock is one of the cheapest and most content streaming apps out there. And if you have a Roku or smart TV etc. watching on there the feed is so much clearer than a cable box.

Might as well hop on now for $20 bucks a whole year, eventually there will be no more cable boxes only streaming apps. Why would the networks pay Verizon/Optimum to put their stuff through a cable box when they can deliver it right to you over wifi .. in the end will save you money since the technology is cheaper and faster
Looks like the $20 deal expired, I tried with code N2TEWDZZ. Does anyone have another code? If not I'll use the Big Ten one, $40 is still better than $60.

Looks like the $20 deal expired, I tried with code N2TEWDZZ. Does anyone have another code? If not I'll use the Big Ten one, $40 is still better than $60.
Peacock has deal for $1.99/month for college students. My son is soph at Univ of Delaware. So I signed up using his credentials (they do a verification process) If you have kid in college it's an option.

Peacock has deal for $1.99/month for college students. My son is soph at Univ of Delaware. So I signed up using his credentials (they do a verification process) If you have kid in college it's an option.
Thanks, unfortunately (actually fortunately) that ship has sailed, both my kids graduated.

Spend thousands dollars per year on tickets, parking, mandatory donations, tailgate equipment/supplies, food, drinks, alcohol for 7 games, hours to arrive early and then sit in traffic after = good times

Spend 15 minutes set up and $20 to watch one game = end of the world!

It is actually funny how many posters on this site claim to be millionaires yet can't fork over $12 bucks a month to subscribe to Peacock. I guess the reality for a lot of posters on this site is that they need to get their parents' permission to spend their allowance on TV subscriptions, I understand, not trying to mock those still living in their parents' basement.
You obviously never read the book The Millionaire Next Door.

Key Lesson 5: Be Frugal
Practice mindful spending by considering the value of each purchase and whether it is worth the cost.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Questions:
1. Did they announce the broadcast crew?
2. How does one watch replays? It is like Fox Sports- any time on demand while a subscriber?

Thanks.

Spend thousands dollars per year on tickets, parking, mandatory donations, tailgate equipment/supplies, food, drinks, alcohol for 7 games, hours to arrive early and then sit in traffic after = good times

It’s not even $20 and you get other games

Peacock, NBCUniversal's direct-to-consumer streaming service will deliver exclusive Big Ten football and basketball games each season, as eight regular-season football games will appear on the platform along with as many as 47 regular-season men’s basketball games (32 conference and 15 non-conference) and 30 regular-season women’s basketball games (20 conference and 10 non-conference).
There are actually 9 Peacock exclusive games in 2023 (one time exception to the normal 8):
Per MattSarz.com:

NBC Sports B1G Rights Notes
15 games to air on NBC per season.
  • In addition to the games on NBC, 8 additional games per season will air on Peacock. In 2023, NBC intended to air 16 games. Instead of that, they will air an additional game exclusively on Peacock meaning nine games will air on Peacock for 2023 per NBC Sports president Rick Cordella.
  • Most NBC games will air in primetime on the east coast while games on Peacock could be scheduled for any game window or start time.
  • NBC will carry one Black Friday game per season in primetime.
  • NBC has rights to the 2026 Big Ten Championship.

I am probably going to subscribe, but mainly for basketball. That's a lot of games and when our team is competitive, I tend to watch more of our league opponent games to see how we stack up.

Again, that’s a TV provider issue. BTN is producing and airing the game.
Yes. I'm not looking to point fingers or anything. Just hoping to not get caught scrambling for high-def coverage like a couple weeks ago.

I have the FOX Sports app installed on my main TV now, plus the Big Ten app. So if it's, for some reason, not airing on the primary Optimum BTN channel, I'll can quickly switch to the FOX Sports app.

For the Wisconsin game, I still need to install Peacock and sign up w/them, I guess. $120/year is not worth even thinking about. But it's still slightly irritating to have to pay to watch a single game that we'll almost certainly lose, potentially badly.

Of course and there has been since the 1940s.
Who needs Peacock????
boy-listening-to-wireless-007.jpg

I haven’t seen the crew announced, but they are doing 2 B1G games that day (another at 3:00). Maybe Eagle and Blaxkledge?

Definitely not eagle and blackledge, as they do the NBC prime time game.

There is no Notre Dame game that day so the 2 peacock pairs will likely be Collingsworth and Garrett (regular ND crew) and one of
  • Brendan Burke (play-by-play), Paul Burmeister (play-by-play), Andrew Siciliano (play-by-play), Joshua Perry (analyst), Michael Robinson (analyst), Kyle Rudolph (analyst) Anthony Herron (analyst), and Caroline Pineda (sidelines) will call Big Ten Football games.

I am still amazed that amazon prime has not jumped on this market yet. amazed

People can get really weird about even trivially small amounts of money. Even, and maybe especially, wealthy people, which I always find funny.

I know people who get seriously pissed off over amounts that are essentially a roundoff error on their monthly investment income. If teased about it, which is something I do because I'm a douchebag like that, they invariably respond that they didn't get to be wealthy by throwing money away.

But that's a poor rationalization, IMO, no pun intended. Because realistically, stressing out about $20 or less is never going to do anything to make anybody wealthy. It's not even worth thinking about. Not for anybody who's financially comfortable, let alone wealthy.

OTOH, for folks who are living paycheck to paycheck, then I can totally understand it. The ever-expanding set of "required" entertainment subscriptions is screwing them.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
To technically be a BIG alumni of rutgers you would have needed to graduate rutgers in fall 2014 or later.
For many of us the college we graduated from no longer exists:
Rutgers College, Cook, Livingston, Douglass...etc...

Proud graduate of Rutgers College Class of 1976.
(RIP Phil)

People can get really weird about even trivially small amounts of money. Even, and maybe especially, wealthy people, which I always find funny.

I know people who get seriously pissed off over amounts that are essentially a roundoff error on their monthly investment income. If teased about it, which is something I do because I'm a douchebag like that, they invariably respond that they didn't get to be wealthy by throwing money away.

But that's a poor rationalization, IMO, no pun intended. Because realistically, stressing out about $20 or less is never going to do anything to make anybody wealthy. It's not even worth thinking about. Not for anybody who's financially comfortable, let alone wealthy.

OTOH, for folks who are living paycheck to paycheck, then I can totally understand it. The ever-expanding set of "required" entertainment subscriptions is screwing them.
I don't consider myself wealthy at all just "normal" and I won't get stressed/angry about these kind of things but I can/will avoid "little" costs like these at times.

It's less about the money for me and more about the principle and mindset of wasting or spending unnecessarily (regardless of the amount). 2nd generation immigrant and we scrounged and saved a bit growing up (no school loans etc...)and while I wish I was a frugal as my parents, I'm not. (suppose some of that kind of things gets lost with each generation) I'm usually better about bigger ticket things and not so good about smaller ticket things (but smaller ticket things can add up). If anyone calls me cheap or stingy, it doesn't bother me. I do what's right for me. People like to say "a penny saved is a penny earned" (one of my moms favorite sayings) but if it's put in practice you get scorned, so be it.

Right now I have Prime, AppleTV, Max, Netflix4K, Disney+ (Hulu ESPN+) and they don't get used nearly enough as they should. So I'm already "wasting" money there and then to throw Peacock on top of it I'm like eh (don't watch much MBB and I didn't see anyone really respond about any good exclusive Peacock shows when I asked in the past). I don't complain about games being on Peacock though (that's how the B10 and RU is getting its tv money), I just do without or in this case listen on the radio like the good ole days lol. I say all this but as we get closer to the date I may change my mind lol (again not as good as my parents haha) and pay the 40 bucks for the year (usual do the annual plan if it's available).

Reactions: Wolv RU
Peacock is included in my Xfinity package. Do I have to pay extra to get the sports portion or am I good to go?

This is not a Rutgers thing. Penn State has already had a game on Peacock. If Peacock ever had a chance to grab a Michigan or Ohio Stat game, they would do that too and there wouldn't be damn thing either of those schools could do about it.

The Big Ten signed off on the deal. If enough ADs or presidents had objected to the deal it wouldn't have been signed. It's that simple.

All these Peacock announcements and fan reactions from all the fanbases is just really cementing CFB fans as some of the dumbest around.

All these Peacock announcements and fan reactions from all the fanbases is just really cementing CFB fans as some of the dumbest around.
Are they? One one hand, it's a dumb reaction, because the media deals brought lots of money to the B1G teams--so shut up fans and deal with it.

On the other hand, it's a PITA to have to subscribe to a service, and not have access to the replay except on a separate App. Most of of older fans are used to turning on the TV and going to our library of recordings to watch the games. For me, I will be at the game and I want to watch the replay. I'm sucking up the subscription fee because I like to watch the broadcast after seeing the game live.

I am still amazed that amazon prime has not jumped on this market yet. amazed

Especially since they could have held the Pac-12 minus UCLA/USC together for cheap. Getting 1-2 Colorado games in 2024 may have alone made any deal mutually profitable.

With all the streaming games on different services I need my appletv to run a split screen so I can have a peacock game and cable (through their app) running at once.

Nothing worse than flipping between apps

Reactions: Plum Street
With all the streaming games on different services I need my appletv to run a split screen so I can have a peacock game and cable (through their app) running at once.

Nothing worse than flipping between apps
So true . Peacock seems slower to get into and out of . So you’re not really gonna flip if you have a one tv setup

I don't consider myself wealthy at all just "normal" and I won't get stressed/angry about these kind of things but I can/will avoid "little" costs like these at times.

It's less about the money for me and more about the principle and mindset of wasting or spending unnecessarily (regardless of the amount). 2nd generation immigrant and we scrounged and saved a bit growing up (no school loans etc...)and while I wish I was a frugal as my parents, I'm not. (suppose some of that kind of things gets lost with each generation) I'm usually better about bigger ticket things and not so good about smaller ticket things (but smaller ticket things can add up). If anyone calls me cheap or stingy, it doesn't bother me. I do what's right for me. People like to say "a penny saved is a penny earned" (one of my moms favorite sayings) but if it's put in practice you get scorned, so be it.

Right now I have Prime, AppleTV, Max, Netflix4K, Disney+ (Hulu ESPN+) and they don't get used nearly enough as they should. So I'm already "wasting" money there and then to throw Peacock on top of it I'm like eh (don't watch much MBB and I didn't see anyone really respond about any good exclusive Peacock shows when I asked in the past). I don't complain about games being on Peacock though (that's how the B10 and RU is getting its tv money), I just do without or in this case listen on the radio like the good ole days lol. I say all this but as we get closer to the date I may change my mind lol (again not as good as my parents haha) and pay the 40 bucks for the year (usual do the annual plan if it's available).
Damn that's a lot of services! Why so many? Nobody has that much free time to need all of them. No?

Damn that's a lot of services! Why so many? Nobody has that much free time to need all of them. No?
I don't use them all that often, not even close. That's what I mean, I have so many but don't come close to using them enough. I can afford it but it doesn't mean I should which is part of my point. It's less about the money and more about I'm being wasteful unnecessarily. Like I said, not as good as my parents when I was growing up. Back then it was necessity to be frugal, now it's more mindset of try to be. I'm good with large ticket things but smaller ticket things, not always.

I'm already feeling the pull to tack on Peacock lol.

Anyone knows if you can watch the peacock game on delay (i.e. start 60 minutes late) or do you have to wait till the full replay becomes available? If not, any idea when the replay become available? I remember BIG+ would make you wait like 6 hours after the game.

I have an event that will keep me from watching the start of the game but would like to watch it in its entirety (start to finish).

Reactions: NickRU714
Anyone knows if you can watch the peacock game on delay (i.e. start 60 minutes late) or do you have to wait till the full replay becomes available? If not, any idea when the replay become available? I remember BIG+ would make you wait like 6 hours after the game.

I have an event that will keep me from watching the start of the game but would like to watch it in its entirety (start to finish).

Good question. I'll see if I can check sometime this week with a different game/sport (if any available).

Reactions: Big boy stan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT