ADVERTISEMENT

Sports bar with great food?

Unfortunately, every kosher place will be closed on the Sabbath (and especially on Rosh Hashanah), but Harold's NY Deli in Edison is not kosher and they have what you're looking for, although in mammoth sizes. I've had a few bites of their bagel with lox and it's very good, but I can't order anything there other than the pastrami on rye, which, IMO, is better than the more famous Katz's or 2nd Ave Deli in NYC (we get Harold's every month or two). And they have incredible, but again, huge, vanilla shakes for $17. If you're a foodie and you've never been there, you need to go.

http://www.haroldsfamousdeli.com/
Used to go to the Harold's NY Deli in Lyndhurst all the time when my offices were just across the street. Perfect place for the office when 4+ of you are going out for lunch but a bit more difficult if going alone or just two of you. But you need to understand that it will be about $50 per person

Always funny the first time you bring someone there and have them order a slice of cake too...

If you find yourself in Cherry Hill, Kaminski’s is solid. I wouldn’t say it’s gourmet, but very good sports bar food. Their orange glazed salmon and chicken portofino are winners every time.
Solid steer there. The owners also have another diner in the area so they know kitchens.

As for the NB area … Rafferty’s is prob the pick.

Did anything decent replace Tumulty’s?

I visited a MAH in Paramus only about a month ago. Their Burger and fries were horrible. And that is like saying a pizza or BJ is horrible. Lol
Miller’s in Paramus used to be good. Has gone down hill the last few years. Most restaurants have since Covid.

Ellery's in Middlesex is a great place for pub food/decent beer selction and tvs. It's only about a 15 min ride from stadium cutting right through Piscataway, North Brunswick Pub mentioned earlier is solid, good burgers. Stage House also mentioned now has some big tvs outside, was there couple weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon.

Solid steer there. The owners also have another diner in the area so they know kitchens.

As for the NB area … Rafferty’s is prob the pick.

Did anything decent replace Tumulty’s?
Love Kaminski's. From the mid-70 through the late 80s, my dad lived in Cherry Hill about 1/2 mile from there and that was our go to place. Great burgers and cheesesteaks and other bar food.

Tumulty's became George St. Tavern, which is very good. Great pub food with some interesting twists (awesome doughnuts, for example) and the downstairs room is very nice for a party (have had a couple there with 20-30 people) and they often have good jazz there.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
As for Old Man Rafferty’s, nice place, ok food, but I could never understand how there is not so much as one Rutgers pennant hanging on the wall there. Where would they be without Rutgers patrons ?

As for Old Man Rafferty’s, nice place, ok food, but I could never understand how there is not so much as one Rutgers pennant hanging on the wall there. Where would they be without Rutgers patrons ?
They don't hang any sports memorabilia

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT