ADVERTISEMENT

The OFFICIAL March 13-14 Winter Weather Thread (This is the B1G 1)

It's amazing, some of these flakes look like 6 inches in diameter.
26 degrees here in NW Essex county.

Snowing like crazy in western Morris County! There's a good 10 inches or so on the ground.

Here in Haddonfield it is just rain. The trees and the power lines are dangerously glazing over and I expect that we will lose power if it doesn't either stop or change back into snow with the wind kicking up. Anyone who hoping for less snow due to conversion into rain/sleet is certifiably crazy. It would have been better that this remained snow. Crossing my fingers here and hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Fire sirens are going off here about every 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: daneman100
Blizzard conditions here in NW Essex County (Cedar Grove), drifts of close to 2-3 feet, white out w huge flakes, windy). Just came in from letting dog out, will have coffee and bage, wake up my son who is home on Spring break, and do the first pass w snow blower and shovel for steps.
I got a bag of slush from mother nature.:( I feel like Eor.

This is definitely not a bust for north of Middlesex County. Oakland/Wayne/Pequannock tricounty area getting crushed.

Heavy winds and sleet in Lambertville. Wish it was either rain or snow...this mixing is worst case as far as I'm concerned.

Here in Haddonfield it is just rain. The trees and the power lines are dangerously glazing over and I expect that we will lose power if it doesn't either stop or change back into snow with the wind kicking up. Anyone who hoping for less snow due to conversion into rain/sleet is certifiably crazy. It would have been better that is remained snow. Crossing my fingers here and hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Fire sirens are going off here about every 10 minutes.

and another screw job by Mt Holly not highlighting the freezing rain potential which is deadly

Reactions: WhiteBus
Hawthorne NJ getting crushed. Biggest snowflakes I have seen yet. We live on a hill. Plows were coming fast and furious around 4 AM. I now see a plow stuck at the bottom of the hill. Again please stop with "this storm is a bust". Be safe everyone

we would be talking about widespread 3-4 inch rates...if this was all snow....but its mainly sleet and rain with just the northern parts of this radar heavy snow

image.thumb.jpeg.d78c7339394636c8f4c94b847a3b926e.jpeg

6ABC in Philly just threw in the white towel. Instead of reverting back to local news to cover the "storm" they went the normal Live with Kelly. Ha!
With the back end of the storm crossing Delaware right now, Philly down through South Jersey has survived the worst with basically nothing on the ground.

6ABC in Philly just threw in the white towel. Instead of reverting back to local news to cover the "storm" they went the normal Live with Kelly. Ha!
With the back end of the storm crossing Delaware right now, Philly down through South Jersey has survived the worst with basically nothing on the ground.

are you plain rain or is there a freezing rain?

At 8:30 a.m. only 3.5" of accumulation in New Brunswick. Definitely not enough to warrant a mandatory snow day!!

Forcing employees to stay home and burn an Administrative Day worth $XXX.xx in shitty March for 4" to 7"
if snow sucks! It should be a choice.

This is why in 2012 approximately 35,000 middle class and upper middle class families left our state and relocated to states with warmer climates. That's families not individuals. I'm done venting!!

Last edited:
Hawthorne NJ getting crushed. Biggest snowflakes I have seen yet. We live on a hill. Plows were coming fast and furious around 4 AM. I now see a plow stuck at the bottom of the hill. Again please stop with "this storm is a bust". Be safe everyone

Do you have one of those houses in Hawthorne with the Manhattan views? Always loved the view from Goffle Hill in winter.

The storm is a bust in many areas. Just because you are getting snow doesnt mean the forecast was anywhere close to being accurate. The two counties that first received Blizzard Warnings , Monmouth and Ocean was a complete joke.
Still not a storm to go out a speed around in but yes its a bust in many areas.

Almost 7 inches here in Madison, it's still coming down like freezing snow and not at all rain like

Where in Hawthorne do you live. I have friends that live there? Right by the high school.

The storm is a bust in many areas. Just because you are getting snow doesnt mean the forecast was anywhere close to being accurate. The two counties that first received Blizzard Warnings , Monmouth and Ocean was a complete joke.

agree....they were too aggressive in those areas for sure and not cautious enough with the forecast overall. Yes this busted for alot of us. Yes this storm is going to perform for the northern parts of the state. Its going to bust for Philly and NYC..so thats a big bust

C64gvIKU0AAvs6D.jpg:large

View out the back window, montvale 9 inches or so. Snow geeks no pleasuring yourself to this photo please.

And for the record that is a table on parion on the left. Roof of pool cabana showing about 9 inches

Reactions: RocktheRac
The guy from the TWC gets 5 gold stars for calling this last night. The only guy met or radio to do it. He went into full detail on what would happen along the I95 corridor

also its the top of the 8th and the NAM is still up 9-0

Really? Flip your statement raound. Not as bad as you thought in your area so it is a bust? The storm is not a joke. That is the problem with these threads. Travel bans, accidents all over the place. People attempting to go out because they did not get the amount of snow they were suppose to. Ice all over the place in Northern Jersey now an top of heavy amounts of snow. Much like win loss predictions months before seasons start let's wait until the storm is over before calling it a bust. We started here with snow, died down, then had the biggest flakes I have ever seen, now pounding sleet and ice.

I moved to northern Morris county 2 weeks ago and have a driveway that can fit a legit 10-12 cars

I don't need to buy a snowblower right now I said. I'm spending money on plenty of other things I said. It won't snow in march I said.

If anyone needs me I'll be in the driveway

Really? Flip your statement raound. Not as bad as you thought in your area so it is a bust? The storm is not a joke. That is the problem with these threads. Travel bans, accidents all over the place. People attempting to go out because they did not get the amount of snow they were suppose to. Ice all over the place in Northern Jersey now an top of heavy amounts of snow. Much like win loss predictions months before seasons start let's wait until the storm is over before calling it a bust. We started here with snow, died down, then had the biggest flakes I have ever seen, now pounding sleet and ice.

its a bust because they busted...and they are even busting somewhat in the places that are doing well with snowfall totals like yours....the sleet was never supposed to get that far. They called for 18-24 inches in central jersey and we have received 3-7 here and now with all sleet and even some rain thats not adding to those totals...so yes that is a bust

people shouldnt go out because they do not need to, where are they going, everything is shut down, alot of retail and stores are not open

The guy from the TWC gets 5 gold stars for calling this last night. The only guy met or radio to do it. He went into full detail on what would happen along the I95 corridor

also its the top of the 8th and the NAM is still up 9-0

The bald guy from TWC gets kudos for his call.

Reactions: bac2therac
NWS updated maps again. These are looking like last night's NAM, lol. Pretty big bust for the I-95 corridor in terms of snowfall, but not in terms of total frozen precip, at least from maybe Trenton northward, where it hasn't been rain as far as I know. I had about 7" of snow/sleet on the ground about 90 minuntes ago (7.5" now) and I shoveled the driveway and I now have about 2" of sleet there, which is the equivalent of about 6" of snow, so I have about 13" of "snow equivalent," in terms of total frozen precip mass, which is just as hard to shovel or plow and is just as bad on the roads - it's just not the same depth it would be if it were all snow.

From a meteorological perspective, snow and sleet are just counted together, as depth, so it is more of a bust from that perspective. Should get another inch or two of sleet (3-6" snow equivalent, which would bring us to 16-19" of "snow equivalent" mass) unless it changes to rain, although it's still just 29F, so that's unlikely - and if it does, it would be freezing rain, which the NWS warned about, which would be really bad. Anyway, here are the updated maps.

17264848_10210588054731614_9108439917746945021_n.jpg

15134557_10210588058771715_8239621663016112553_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT