ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-FLORIDA STATE PREDICTION THREAD

With the Florida State injuries Rutgers better find a way to win this game.Poor shooting and lots of fouling.

Rutgers 62- Florida State 60

With the Florida State injuries Rutgers better find a way to win this game.Poor shooting and lots of fouling.

Rutgers 62- Florida State 60

Who else is injured other than the center? Assuming no other injuries I think this one is going to be a wake up call. Similar to the Miami game last year.

FSU 68
RU 53

Who else is injured other than the center? Assuming no other injuries I think this one is going to be a wake up call. Similar to the Miami game last year.

FSU 68
RU 53
They have a freshman guard a good three point shooter off the bench that turned his ankle last game . He's a main rotation guy for them.

Given our pitiful OOC schedule thus far, I have no clue whether RU has improved. I suspect they are not yet ready to handle a team as good as FSU.

FSU 70 - RU 60.

This will come down to how we shoot from the perimeter and the FT line. In a loss we look like we belong.

4 MINUTE MEDIA TO
RU 54
FSU 54

FINAL

FSU 62
RU 56

Rutgers moves to 7-0 for the first time since December, 1975....

Rutgers 66
Florida state 62

Very strange that neither team has been tested on paper and yet there is a strong lean towards the size/talent of FSU on the road playing their best game of the season.

I don't have any more confidence in FSU than I do RU other than reputation and track record over the last 10-12 years....and I can count on probably one hand, the amount of times I can recall Florida State playing lights out on the road against a reasonable opponent.

This is really one of those games where the result of the game will have people saying "See I told you" in both directions....

A) See I told you the soft schedule does nothing to prepare the team for FSU

B) See I told you the performances (even against lesser competition), gave the team confidence to eventually lean on, for a game like FSU

While either side will be right, the game is still basketball and is it Corey Sanders hitting FT's and shooting 6-14 from the floor or is it Geo Baker getting into the lane and creating shooting space for Mike Williams, Thiam and Sanders??

Most of college basketball is scouting, advanced scouting and preparation and I get the impression that both FSU and RU will be dialed in for what the other team wants to do.....which will make this an ugly, unattractive slugfest.

FT shooting decides the game....for RU.....

RU 67, FSU 60.....

~~Ive watched FSU a bit. ~~(I live in Fla and follow ALL Fla teams)
Their 7Ft 4" center from Chad is sidelined with an injury
6'6'' Terrence Mann is averaging a team best 17pts 6 rebs
Like us they have a forward from Ontario Canada Kabengele
Their best win is a 20pt win vs George Washington who lost to Rider
Writers cite defensive lapses and poor free throw shooting as the "glaring errors" so far
FSU always comes to play...usually pretty "scrappy"

If Baker hits like he is capable, Freeman plays like last game. Corey too
and we play solid "D" like vs ECU
I expect us "to be in it" until the end
Rutgers 73
FSU 69

Very strange that neither team has been tested on paper and yet there is a strong lean towards the size/talent of FSU on the road playing their best game of the season.

I don't have any more confidence in FSU than I do RU other than reputation and track record over the last 10-12 years....and I can count on probably one hand, the amount of times I can recall Florida State playing lights out on the road against a reasonable opponent.

This is really one of those games where the result of the game will have people saying "See I told you" in both directions....

B) See I told you the performances (even against lesser competition), gave the team confidence to eventually lean on, for a game like FSU

While either side will be right, the game is still basketball and is it Corey Sanders hitting FT's and shooting 6-14 from the floor or is it Geo Baker getting into the lane and creating shooting space for Mike Williams, Thiam and Sanders??

Most of college basketball is scouting, advanced scouting and preparation and I get the impression that both FSU and RU will be dialed in for what the other team wants to do.....which will make this an ugly, unattractive slugfest.

RU 67, FSU 60.....
You're counting on us hitting free throws? We're at 57% for the year. Free throws are going to cost us many games again this year.

If we can score more points than FSU, I think we have a pretty good chance.

I predict neither teams' SOS (RU 350/351 or FSU 294/351) will radically change with a W after this game. :sunglasses:

RU 67, FSU 60.....

Hawk, the difference for me is the ability to shoot. Yes, both teams have played (and beat) a bunch of cupcakes, but at least FSU has shown that they have multiple guys who can actually score the basketball efficiently. Rutgers has struggled to score against terrible competition, including 3-pt FG percentage that is below 30%. For this reason, I just have to pick FSU in this game, though I certainly think it will be a competitive game because of our defense and rebounding prowess.

FSU 75
RU 65

As for the crowd, I don't think our fans will show up like people are predicting. Ten plus years of sub-.500 records (with a total of 26 years since our last NCAA tournament appearance) have depleted our core fan base. With this being a week night, I can't see more than about 5,000 showing up. I hope to heck I'm wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT