ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Transfer QB Athan Kaliakmanis visiting RU

you are reaching. I'd be willing to bet the visit was nothing more than a formality. Unless the kid got raped on his visit or curb stomped a co ed he will be here in the spring. Have we heard of him taking any other visits? Minnesota had to pay a 5th year grad, 3rd string QB 30k to play in their bowl game. If he didn't already have a home he wouldn't have ended up in the portal until spring.
not so. he wanted out of MN urgently and he's got to find a spot while schools are still looking. early bird. of course his first swing would be at KC & RU.

I do hope it's just a formality because GW is simply not a capable FBS QB. But until proven wrong, I think GS sticks with him.

You guys are wasting your time and giving the troll exactly what he craves.
Just giving him the opportunity to show that he isn’t pulling quotes from Greg Schiano out of his ass. It’s a reasonable request.

Shelby this should be easy for you. Please provide a published link quoting Schiano wherein you stated that he “specifically said he has not discussed bringing in a portal QB with Gavin.”
Honestly, I saw it said here with no ambiguity. I wouldn't make up a false statement. It was certainly not 'those discussions are private'

But sure, maybe whoever said it got it wrong.

Honestly, I saw it said here with no ambiguity. I wouldn't make up a false statement. It was certainly not 'those discussions are private'

So the basis of one of your accusatory / speculative comments is quoting an anonymous internet poster that you cannot now identify. Is that correct?

so to summarize, you will take the words of an anonymous person on a message board as gospel but repeatedly ignore the words of the guy who owns that message board?

Remember this is the same guy who called Greg a charlatan and was stealing money from day one. I put him on ignore (my first) and life is more pleasent.
never used the word charlatan or anything similar....your disdain for Shelby is consuming you. does he haunt you in your dreams ? "stealing salary", yes Shelby did say that.

Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Pop Tv Please GIF by Schitt's Creek

So to support your argument, you're taking posts made on an anonymous message board and attributing them to Schiano as if he actually said them. Do I have that correct?

That would be known as delusion. There is no way a vague and secretive coach like Schiano would reveal the specifics of his private conversations with a player. The most you would ever get from him is coach speak.

So the basis of one of your accusatory / speculative comments is quoting an anonymous internet poster that you cannot now identify. Is that correct?
yes. I don't check sources, same as the rest here. i don't make shit up out of the blue.

Both TKR and Rant podcasts discussed questions to the staff about the QB situation. At no point whatsoever was it stated that Greg did not talk to Gavin. It was specifically stated that these conversations are private and would not be shared with the media. Kirk punted the question from Brian Fransceca. He said - you’d have to ask coach about that as I’m not at Liberty to discuss.

FWIW - All the media guys, by the way, interpret Athan’s visit as a clear sign that we are actively searching for a QB.

Last edited:
yes. I don't check sources, same as the rest here. i don't make shit up out of the blue.

I’m pretty sure everyone else claiming any intel was repeating what they heard reported in the podcasts which was NOT at all what you said. This discussion with you has gone on long enough so I will stop responding here. Eventually when we add a transfer portal QB, whoever it is, you will be proven wrong. That is all.

Both TKR and Rant podcasts discussed questions to the staff about the QB situation. At no point whatsoever was it stated that Greg did not talk to Gavin. It was specifically stated that these conversations are private and would not be shared with the media. Kirk punted the question from Brian Fransceca. He said - you’d have to ask coach about that as I’m not at Liberty to discuss.
Ok. So I was wrong to believe a post which didn't describe it that way. And you asked if i watch podcast...no I don't watch podcasts. But again, I didn't invent it out of thin air. I read it here.

The most important thing in all of this isn't what Schiano may have discussed, but if he wants to upgrade QB1. I don't think he does, but I hope I'm wrong about that.

Yeah, but he’s giving me the hilarious entertainment I crave. It’s like all the deep state MEMO stuff was, the gift of wickedly fun, totally nonsensical entertainment that keeps on giving.

You gotta admit, the inventiveness of the people who fabricate all these wild narratives is something to behold. 😀

Ok. So I was wrong to believe a post which didn't describe it that way. And you asked if i watch podcast...no I don't watch podcasts. But again, I didn't invent it out of thin air. I read it here.

The most important thing in all of this isn't what Schiano may have discussed, but if he wants to upgrade QB1. I don't think he does, but I hope I'm wrong about that.
You read it here so it must be true? 😀

You don’t think GS wants the best players he can get at every position? ’Cause recruiting better players will make him look bad? ‘Cause you just know, without actually having a shred of evidence, that GS makes promises to players about playing time or being the starter?

Or did GW call you up and tell you GS promised him he’d be the starting QB no matter what? That even if GW breaks both legs, GS will wheel him out there in a wheelchair and have him run the O. Because everybody knows that it would make GS look bad if he brought in a QB who was way better than GW. Yup, people would really hate GS then, what with all that winning and shit, amirite?

You read it here so it must be true? 😀

You don’t think GS wants the best players he can get at every position? ’Cause recruiting better players will make him look bad? ‘Cause you just know, without actually having a shred of evidence, that GS makes promises to players about playing time or being the starter?

Or did GW call you up and tell you GS promised him he’d be the starting QB no matter what? That even if GW breaks both legs, GS will wheel him out there in a wheelchair and have him run the O. Because everybody knows that it would make GS look bad if he brought in a QB who was way better than GW. Yup, people would really hate GS then, what with all that winning and shit, amirite?

Perhaps he divined it from his Ouija board.

Reactions: mildone
Perhaps he divined it from his Ouija board.
I mean, if he did, I’d take it a bit more seriously. That wouldn’t be half as bad as suggesting a coach doesn‘t play the players he thinks give the team the best chance to win because winning by playing the best players would make the coach look bad. 🙂

That’s some fun “logic“ right there.

Just put the ahole on ignore. Feeding the troll gives him what he 2,500 years of Western civilization, human advancement, and pursuit of logic

As I've suggested many times, try the IGNOREfeature with this one. I only have a few losers on it....this clown being one of them. It improves my experiences on the board.
I think there is a valuable lesson for all the younger RU fans out there on how NOT to become the village idiot.

So let this be a lesson: If you engage in motivated reasoning (making a conclusion first, and then looking for facts and arguments that support it), and if you allow your brain to screen facts so that you only see what you want to see, you too might grow up to believe the earth is flat.

For example: As soon as a coach lets it be known that they are considering bringing in a transfer QB, there is a good chance the current QB will transfer. No coach would even let it be known that they intend to bring in a transfer QB unless they were willing to risk the possibility that the incumbent leaves. So the flat earther must totally ignore this super obvious dynamic in order to conclude that GS brought in the Minny QB for show and has no intention of letting him compete for the job or play because he is protecting Wimsatt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
You are actually arguing with some people that are their own source or have spoken to their source directly.

And when most of us are just giving an opinion or quoting an unnamed source- we make that pretty clear.

Shelby has a real problem with quoting these unchecked sources as being real.

I think there is a valuable lesson for all the younger RU fans out there on how NOT to become the village idiot.

So let this be a lesson: If you engage in motivated reasoning (making a conclusion first, and then looking for facts and arguments that support it), and if you allow your brain to screen facts so that you only see what you want to see, you too might grow up to believe the earth is flat.

For example: As soon as a coach lets it be known that they are considering bringing in a transfer QB, there is a good chance the current QB will transfer. No coach would even let it be known that they intend to bring in a transfer QB unless they were willing to risk the possibility that the incumbent leaves. So the flat earther must totally ignore this super obvious dynamic in order to conclude that GS brought in the Minny QB for show and has no intention of letting him compete for the job or play because he is protecting Wimsatt.
you're the one who's flailing and twisting evidence to support your own opinion. not all invites result in offers. the guy hasn't committed yet, and I don't assume that GS asked him to wait until after the bowl like everyone here assumes.

could he have been offered and advised to wait to announce for the absurd reason offered here (distraction) ? yes possibly. But there's no evidence for this. Your logic, same as many others is: 'it didn't happen yet so therefore it will' is ridiculous and embarrassing. Could it ? Sure, but it's completely unsupported now.

if he does come here, then sure he will be given the opportunity to compete. i've said as much. and I hope that's what happens. but until he or a comparable QB comes, the belief that no one will be brought in to compete is the more likely scenario given what we actually know.

• Haha
Reactions: Eagleton96
you're the one who's flailing and twisting evidence to support your own opinion. not all invites result in offers. the guy hasn't committed yet, and I don't assume that GS asked him to wait until after the bowl like everyone here assumes.

could he have been offered and advised to wait to announce for the absurd reason offered here (distraction) ? yes possibly. But there's no evidence for this. Your logic, same as many others is: 'it didn't happen yet so therefore it will' is ridiculous and embarrassing. Could it ? Sure, but it's completely unsupported now.

if he does come here, then sure he will be given the opportunity to compete. i've said as much. and I hope that's what happens. but until he or a comparable QB comes, the belief that no one will be brought in to compete is the more likely scenario given what we actually know.
Given what you think you know.

Given what you think you know.
all i know is that he visited a few days ago has not committed here publicly, although the WR visiting did. does anyone here know otherwise ?

if not, it's not a valid conclusion that he will. the conclusion that he won't is more supported by the existing evidence.

What evidence did I twist specifically? I don't think I did.

In your post you attribute a number of things to me that I never said. You are so divorced from having a factual basis for what you are saying that you can't even keep straight who you are arguing with.

Regarding your core assertion here: Just to be clear, you are saying that you think if the kid comes, he will be given the opportunity to compete. So what you are saying is that GS brought the kid here on a visit, but had no intention of giving him an offer. Am I reading that right?

So then why bring the kid in for a visit at all? Did GS do it just for fun? He decided to whack a hornets nest just for the heck of it because he's bored and doesn't know what to do with his time or something?

Reactions: yesrutgers01
all i know is that he visited a few days ago has not committed here publicly, although the WR visiting did. does anyone here know otherwise ?

if not, it's not a valid conclusion that he will. the conclusion that he won't is more supported by the existing evidence.
His coming here or not isn't evidence of anything more than just that- that he’s coming or not.

Unless he says/said he’s going elsewhere, or unless GS makes or has made some kind statement about the visit or any offers, there is nowhere near enough factual evidence to reasonably reach any kind of conclusion.

His coming here or not isn't evidence of anything more than just that- that he’s coming or not.

Unless he says/said he’s going elsewhere, or unless GS makes or has made some kind statement about the visit or any offers, there is nowhere near enough factual evidence to reasonably reach any kind of conclusion.
Except the conclusion that I am wrong and everyone else is right, correct ?

That conclusion is valid ?

Wrong about what? You’ve said all kinds of things.
clumsy backtrack...go back and read.

you can start with:
Schiano offered, or
he'll accept after the bowl game, or
Schiano wants a QB competition, etc.

None of the above are facts or are supported by convincing evidence. You concede they are just speculative views by the majority here.

But my opposite opinions are definitely wrong, huh ? Brilliant logic bub. The aggregate IQ level here is very, very low. Ignorance is bliss and logic is lost in this Schiano lovefest.

you can start with:
Schiano offered, or

None of the above are facts or are supported by convincing evidence. You concede they are just speculative views by the majority here.

But my opposite opinions are definitely wrong, huh ? Brilliant logic bub. The aggregate IQ level here is very, very low. Ignorance is bliss and logic is lost in this Schiano lovefest.
Huh? I'm not back-tracking on anything. You asked a highly ambiguous question. I asked you to clarify.

Also, I never said anybody was either right or wrong about any of the things you just mentioned. That would require me to form a conclusion and there's no evidence to reach such conclusions.

Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else here.

What I did do was make fun of your laughable theory that GS (or any other D1 CFB coach) would rather lose than bring in a better QB because, you said, bringing in a better QB would make the coach look bad.

I mean, I can't state with certainty that your theory is wrong (and so I didn't). Just that it's entertaining and hilarious. But I'm pretty sure that losing games makes coaches look a lot worse to most people than finding and playing a better player for ANY position and winning.

Reactions: Doctor Worm

you can start with:
Schiano offered, or

not wrong on the summation at all but you're under the skin of some so it's par for the course

no idea what is going on but we need a qb

you can start with:
Schiano offered, or

The guy who owns the site who has been pretty spot on said if the kid visits, he has an offer and will commit. Then there is your hypothesis. Unless we hear he visited x y or x after leaving NJ. I’m gonna go with his theory and when combined with how anal Schiano is about stupid little things it wouldn’t surprise me if they keep it under wraps. Count how many times tomorrow the announcers talk about the OSU transfer rather than the current cuse QB. Let next weeks game be about the team that won 6 games to get there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT