ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Transfer QB Athan Kaliakmanis visiting RU

Huh? I'm not back-tracking on anything. You asked a highly ambiguous question. I asked you to clarify.

Also, I never said anybody was either right or wrong about any of the things you just mentioned. That would require me to form a conclusion and there's no evidence to reach such conclusions.

Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else here.

What I did do was make fun of your laughable theory that GS (or any other D1 CFB coach) would rather lose than bring in a better QB because, you said, bringing in a better QB would make the coach look bad.

I mean, I can't state with certainty that your theory is wrong (and so I didn't). Just that it's entertaining and hilarious. But I'm pretty sure that losing games makes coaches look a lot worse to most people than finding and playing a better player for ANY position and winning.
no, did not ever say that he wants to lose. go back and read. you're making shit up too. I said he wants to win but via his 1930 philosophy, and GW, passing incompetence notwithstanding, is GS's preferred QB for that .

I also did say, using the Zack Wilson comparison, that it's human nature to stick with prior decisions (past is prologue) to prevent comparisons and judgment questions.

Add to that, had there been an offer to the Minn QB I believe he would have accepted just like the Monmouth WR did.

Yet here, somehow absence of committing so far is proof he'll be committing after the bowl ? Absolutely moronic logic. It could happen, but no evidence or logic supports it yet. Instead, my logic (no offer, not committing) is more supported. Doesn't mean accurate, but more logical and more likely to be accurate with what we know.

So, I never did say he wants to lose. I do doubt his interest in a QB change, and thus a real competition.

• Wow
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Mods please do the board a solid and get this f*ckin as*hole Shelby removed from the board. He‘s as worthless as on t*ts on a bull ands it’s obvious he’s a troll. Get rid of him.

• Love
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
no, did not ever say that he wants to lose. go back and read. you're making shit up too. I said he wants to win but via his 1930 philosophy, and GW, passing incompetence notwithstanding, is GS's preferred QB for that .

I also did say, using the Zack Wilson comparison, that it's human nature to stick with prior decisions (past is prologue) to prevent comparisons and judgment questions.

Add to that, had there been an offer to the Minn QB I believe he would have accepted just like the Monmouth WR did.

Yet here, somehow absence of committing so far is proof he'll be committing after the bowl ? Absolutely moronic logic. It could happen, but no evidence or logic supports it yet. Instead, my logic (no offer, not committing) is more supported. Doesn't mean accurate, but more logical and more likely to be accurate with what we know.

So, I never did say he wants to lose. I do doubt his interest in a QB change, and thus a real competition.
There is about a 1% chance, probably less, schiano is flying in transfers for visits that don’t already have an offer.

Mods please do the board a solid and get this f*ckin as*hole Shelby removed from the board. He‘s as worthless as on t*ts on a bull ands it’s obvious he’s a troll. Get rid of him.
I'd say ban you for being such a douche to want someone banned simply because you're not mature enough to ignore, move on, debate, or put him on ignore. You're a big boy, ignore it and move on and act like a fking adult

not like you add ANYTHING to this board

There is about a 1% chance, probably less, schiano is flying in transfers for visits that don’t already have an offer.
I'll be honest, I'm not so sure as he could still sell no? Can't imagine everyone is 100% on board with an offer (both ways) for every visit.

I could be wrong but seems so 'finite'

I'll be honest, I'm not so sure as he could still sell no? Can't imagine everyone is 100% on board with an offer (both ways) for every visit.

I could be wrong but seems so 'finite'
Yes, he could say no but there is a reason schiano has said publicly he only wants transfers they have a relationship with. Our OC coached this kid for over a year. He knows his character, effort level, dedication etc. he’s not bringing him to campus to get to know him. And I doubt the kid is coming simply to kick the tires. He’s already seen the campus, facilities, spoke to schiano etc via zoom before a ticket is bought. And as I said before, we haven’t heard about him visiting anyone else.

Reactions: RUTGERS95

"I don't check sources" - Shelby65

Yes, he could say no but there is a reason schiano has said publicly he only wants transfers they have a relationship with. Our OC coached this kid for over a year. He knows his character, effort level, dedication etc. he’s not bringing him to campus to get to know him. And I doubt the kid is coming simply to kick the tires. He’s already seen the campus, facilities, spoke to schiano etc via zoom before a ticket is bought. And as I said before, we haven’t heard about him visiting anyone else.
solid, no argument here with him. I took the earlier comment as overall for visitors and not this particular one. apologies

solid, no argument here with him. I took the earlier comment as overall for visitors and not this particular one. apologies
I could be wrong but I don’t remember bringing a kid on an official visit that doesn’t have an offer already. Especially when flights are involved

And you’re sure Schiano flew them here on RU’s dime ? See, we don’t even know that. But I’ll assume he did and play along.

Next, I do believe AM wants to reunite with KC and would accept an offer, which you believe was made.

But he didn’t accept, at least publicly.

So,
1. you think it’s a secret until after the bowl game bc GS thinks there would be media distraction to GW and the team ? Or
2. The kid is shopping at other schools too (which I would doubt …KC reunion and also GS would rescind the offer); or
3. Another reason to not announce?

Wow .. what a turd this thread is. Lots of fighting over a young man who has a below average arm. Novel idea .. fix Gavin’s accuracy issue. 600 throws a week all kinds of route. Starting the day after the bowl game

Wow .. what a turd this thread is. Lots of fighting over a young man who has a below average arm. Novel idea .. fix Gavin’s accuracy issue. 600 throws a week all kinds of route. Starting the day after the bowl game
I just don't believe you can "fix" accuracy. You can improve it. But some guys have it some don't.

See, I believe THIS is Schiano’s objective and not bringing in another QB who wouldn’t in essence be RB2 alongside Monongai.

And you’re sure Schiano flew them here on RU’s dime ? See, we don’t even know that. But I’ll assume he did and play along.

Next, I do believe AM wants to reunite with KC and would accept an offer, which you believe was made.

But he didn’t accept, at least publicly.

So,
1. you think it’s a secret until after the bowl game bc GS thinks there would be media distraction to GW and the team ? Or
2. The kid is shopping at other schools too (which I would doubt …KC reunion and also GS would rescind the offer); or
3. Another reason to not announce?
It was an official visit. By definition, Rutgers paid for it. We haven’t heard about him visiting other schools, we would have. And you meant it like a “silent” verbal is a new thing

It was an official visit. By definition, Rutgers paid for it. We haven’t heard about him visiting other schools, we would have. And you meant it like a “silent” verbal is a new thing
I was asking your opinion why the silent verbal ? I guess your opinion is choice 1 media distraction?

Since the visit was announced, does keeping the commit quiet lessen media distraction? And, who is he protecting from distraction?

I was asking your opinion why the silent verbal ? I guess your opinion is choice 1 media distraction?

Since the visit was announced, does keeping the commit quiet lessen media distraction? And, who is he protecting from distraction?
Do you think espn announcers know about a visit? No but they would definitely know about and talk endlessly about a QB transfer. And yes, I could 100% see Schiano wanting to wait until THIS season is over before building for next season. Him announcing today or in 10 days make no difference in the future plans of the team

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
Do you think espn announcers know about a visit? No but they would definitely know about and talk endlessly about a QB transfer. And yes, I could 100% see Schiano wanting to wait until THIS season is over before building for next season. Him announcing today or in 10 days make no difference in the future plans of the team
Ok, that’s your opinion. And the players listen to the announcers during the game. Got it. Big distraction. Might even drop a TD pass while it’s being mentioned endlessly.

Actually I know what you meant. And no, they may mention it once. It’s not big news for a national audience. But I could see GS fretting about it.

Last edited:
I'd say ban you for being such a douche to want someone banned simply because you're not mature enough to ignore, move on, debate, or put him on ignore. You're a big boy, ignore it and move on and act like a fking adult

not like you add ANYTHING to this board
You’re a notch above Shelby lol.

Ok, that’s your opinion. And the players listen to the announcers during the game. Got it. Big distraction. Might even drop a TD pass while it’s being mentioned endlessly.

Actually I know what you meant. And no, they may mention it once. It’s not big news for a national audience. But I could see GS fretting about it.
So you’ve never coached or played on a competing team. We get it
Watch the cues game tomorrow, I’ll put the over under on mentions at 5

Accuracy is one thing, seeing the field, processing and making the correct decisions are others. We need more of the latter which will help with the former.

So you’ve never coached or played on a competing team. We get it
Watch the cues game tomorrow, I’ll put the over under on mentions at 5
McCord mentions and AK mentions oranges and apples, get it ?

Remember this is the same guy who called Greg a charlatan and was stealing money from day one. I put him on ignore (my first) and life is more pleasent.
He also said that "most" FBS teams would be rated as "pick 'em games against our team this year. Once he said that there was absolutely nothing that he could say that I'd take seriously.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Not a good look for PJ Fleck publicly admonishing this player in front of the team. The QB is attempting to lead. Talk is one thing … yelling is one thing… this sounds more like Fleck’s frustration came to the surface and though today’s youth reacts much differently maybe the HC needed to give out his message/feelings in his office? Say what they want about Rutgers and Schiano … I know he can be super emotional in practice time but I can’t remember a player publicly called out about poor play in say a team meeting.
If you’ve ever had the misfortune to meet PJ Fleck then you’d immediately understand that he a blatant douche bag

• Haha
Reactions: BLewis1968
I just don't believe you can "fix" accuracy. You can improve it. But some guys have it some don't.
Balogna… and I’ll prove it.

Ever play golf? The first year you played were you accurate with your shots? Did you improve over time as you learned feel and direction? Gavin is a 20 year old kid who was always a run first QB. That’s what’s so frustrsting about our offense it that Gavin was averaging 15-20 carries per game in high school and outside of Indiana we didn’t use his legs this year.

• Haha
Balogna… and I’ll prove it.

Ever play golf? The first year you played were you accurate with your shots? Did you improve over time as you learned feel and direction? Gavin is a 20 year old kid who was always a run first QB. That’s what’s so frustrsting about our offense it that Gavin was averaging 15-20 carries per game in high school and outside of Indiana we didn’t use his legs this year.
here is what many are missing with Gavin- a very high % of his bad throws are either at the receiver feet on screens or sailing overhead...
It isn't like he cant hit the side of a barn

Can the kid correct this- he should be able to- these type of throws are 100% mechanical. Either the feet or hips. My fear with GW- is that he still may not be able to correct it.

But if you are a QB coach- you would much rather see these types of misses then the ones that are always behind the WR or just never on target.

He also said that "most" FBS teams would be rated as "pick 'em games against our team this year. Once he said that there was absolutely nothing that he could say that I'd take seriously.
here is what many are missing with Gavin- a very high % of his bad throws are either at the receiver feet on screens or sailing overhead...
It isn't like he cant hit the side of a barn

Can the kid correct this- he should be able to- these type of throws are 100% mechanical. Either the feet or hips. My fear with GW- is that he still may not be able to correct it.

But if you are a QB coach- you would much rather see these types of misses then the ones that are always behind the WR or just never on target.
not true. the reason you see fewer ‘behind’ or other awful downfield misses is because they rarely let him throw those.

Inaccurate is inaccurate, whether high, low, left or right.

Except for the TD to Dremel against Michigan which was about a 6 yard pass, he may never have led a receiver to allow any YAC

His passing deficiencies limit the playbook and the inaccuracy you will see.

Early in the season, it appeared as though Gavin's misses were intentional -- there's tight coverage on a receiver, a receiver can't get open, etc. Of course, the coaching staff likely told him, "If nothing's open, through the ball out of bounds. Don't risk an interception!" But, as the season progressed (and he played against better competition), this happened more and more AND the misses didn't appear as intentional any more. He was throwing the ball into double-coverage, he missed his receivers wildly (even when they were open), etc. I'm not sure the reason -- but I'd be more inclined to say that this is mental more than this is physical.

Kirk said that success is getting the most out of the players and their abilities. Thus, if you're expecting Gavin to suddenly look like Tom Brady, that's not going to happen. But, if you can get the best Gavin out there possible, maybe that is. I'm just not sure that Gavin can be the best version, physically, of himself.

Well , maybe Gavin will surprise all of us in the bowl game but more so next season.With the team and what lies ahead is all I’m concerned with. I feel we are only 5-6 players away from being really a solid club in the B1G. I think most would sign up for being equal to the Wisconsin’s, Iowa’s , Penn States , Oregon’s , Washington’ s of the world. Overall growth of this program is obvious. Not completely there but in his press conference yesterday once again Schiano appeared very confident, proud and focused on getting to where he believes we can go. The squad is much different. The type of recruits and the measurables are getting better and better. We can make some noise if the QB position reaches a first tier level.

Classy mush mouth Keith Sargeant just crawled out of his hole at NJ.com. This moron thinks most of Rutgers fanbase and the other schools ( like 50-60 +) is behind in NIL funding. Let’s remember this news rag reporter and his buddies Politi , Fonseca go out of their way to never write the positives with Rutgers. Hey Keith WE all know … it’s old news.

Classy mush mouth Keith Sargeant just crawled out of his hole at NJ.com. This moron thinks most of Rutgers fanbase and the other schools ( like 50-60 +) is behind in NIL funding. Let’s remember this news rag reporter and his buddies Politi , Fonseca go out of their way to never write the positives with Rutgers. Hey Keith WE all know … it’s old news.
Behind a paywall. Can you summarize or excerpt it?

You can literally see Schiano’s skepticism shining through when Fonseca asks a question or 3. As I believe as a reporter you don’t write a now regurgitated article the day after a good signing day. Remember who owns them… who directs them … and how over the years they sold news clicks. Stop … anything having to do with them.

How Keith has this gig I'll never know..my goodness, so bad on so many levels. Dork.
Had multiple interactions with Keith over the years. Both professionally and socially. He is a poor writer, knows little about sports and even more awkward socially. It got so bad with Keith that a bunch of us have to ask my friend, that is friendly with Keith, if he will be in attendance at events. So we can opt out.

Reactions: SBP
Now here’ s the rub on your claim. You were hanging around this idiot sports geek ? It says all anyone needs to see or know.

Now here’ s the rub on your claim. You were hanging around this idiot sports geek ? It says all anyone needs to see or know.
No. I sit on the board of a non profit. When he was taken off of the sports beat early on in Covid. I was introduced to Keith via our PR guy to write an article about our mission. I Spoke with him a couple of times. Our PR guy has happy hours and Keith has been invited. He wore out his welcome. Don’t know how you infer that rub. But to each his own I guess.

Reactions: BLewis1968
No. I sit on the board of a non profit. When he was taken off of the sports beat early on in Covid. I was introduced to Keith via our PR guy to write an article about our mission. I Spoke with him a couple of times. Our PR guy has happy hours and Keith has been invited. He wore out his welcome. Don’t know how you infer that rub. But to each his own I guess.
You still ( for profit or non profit) admittedly you still socialized with the guy you claim can’t write and doesn’t know jack shat about sports. This guy has shown a dislike for Rutgers going wasaay back in time. Think about who he works for and the connections.

You still ( for profit or non profit) admittedly you still socialized with the guy you claim can’t write and doesn’t know jack shat about sports. This guy has shown a dislike for Rutgers going wasaay back in time. Think about who he works for and the connections.

It was about getting an article about the not-for-profit he was working for written and published. You got a problem wit that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT