ADVERTISEMENT

We don’t win without Palm

Oskar was enormous answering back from the Boo barrage of 3's

He's been a good 3 point shooter before this stretch this season. 36% last year and 45% the year before

He understands rotations and did some things that don't show up on the stat sheet like a deflection or a box out where he didn't get the board but it was bc of his box out

Good thread. He was key to winning.

I never understand our "fans" who go out of their way to bash our players (like Palm). These guys work their butts off most of the year. The players at the end of the bench do so for little glory and no NIL money, not that that should matter. And anybody who has played sports knows that nobody suffers more than the player himself when he has a bad game.

We each have a choice when it comes to how we behave towards our players: be kind or be an asshole. It costs us nothing either way. So why not choose to be kind?

Not telling people what to do. Just putting it out there to ponder.

Last edited:
You can thank me for Oskar !

Every time Oskar is in the game he sets up in front of me on every possession in the first half.

After he missed his first tray , and we were down by about 10 in the first half and languishing on offense , I told him very loudly to keep shooting and to get hot - and the Swede responded !

He seemed quite confident heading into the game and he was aggressive tonight which was good to see !

Maybe next game I ll yell the same to Gavin !

Last edited:
You can thank me for Oskar !

Every time Oskar is in the game he sets up in front of me on every possession in the first half.

After he missed his first tray , and we were down by about 10 imntoe first half and languishing on offense , I told him very loudly to keep shooting and to get hot - and the Swede responded !

He seems quite confident and aggressive tonight which was good to see !

Maybe next game I ll yell the same to Gavin !
Well then, good game, Phil! 😃

• Haha
Reactions: darkcheck
We had a poster get killed for saying he will help us win a game and should play at times.
I have to say, you were definitely one of the ones stating this about Oskar. I was all for playing Gavin more and less Oskar, but that was when we didn’t even look like an NIT team and couldn’t win a game. Now, it’s a different story and the math has totally changed. The postseason is alive and now these games suddenly matter a lot more, so Oskar needs to be moved ahead of Gavin in the rotation. Gavin is giving them nothing right now. You called it, kudos👏👏

Reactions: RU89 and darkcheck
He’s earned his spot at the end of our roster for next year as far as I’m concerned. He’s actually the perfect veteran program player for that role. Think about it. We’re set at guard - the goal is going to be to retain what we’ve got. JW changes everything on that outlook. We have perfect complements now for Dylan.

In the front court - the focus is going to be on trying to keep Cliff and Mag. If we can’t retain Cliff we’ll put all eggs into finding an experienced center from the portal to be the starter. The point is either Cliff or a transfer will start at the 5. With Somerville coming in, we only need one of Ogbole or Wolf to stick around. If it’s between Wolf as our 4th center on the bench or having Oskar available as a zone breaker using our last schollie I think Im in favor of the latter. It’s better for team chemistry.

I have to say, you were definitely one of the ones stating this about Oskar. I was all for playing Gavin more and less Oskar, but that was when we didn’t even look like an NIT team and couldn’t win a game. Now, it’s a different story and the math has totally changed. The postseason is alive and now these games suddenly matter a lot more, so Oskar needs to be moved ahead of Gavin in the rotation. Gavin is giving them nothing right now. You called it, kudos👏👏
Definitely things have changed. I was calling for more Gavin when i gave up on the season.

Noah hero last game
Oskar this game
Gavin vs Minny?????

@green rice fig They are the 3 pure shooters on our team. Hyatt shooting well from 3 all season but not the shooter these guys are. But when teams want to shut down our 3's they do. We also saw last night when we're missing collectively that a hot player can open big leads on us. When one guy is hitting and a threat we're pretty good on Offense.

I'm flabbergasted how little he was used in the 2nd half after the microwave finish he had to the 1st. For a team that struggles to score I do not get not giving him an early chance in 2H to see if he was still burning.
Guess he got his allotted mins and shots so time to sit. Just do not get the substitution choices in game.

Reactions: RW90
Can’t believe I just said that
This. When we were not playing well and looking disjointed and I saw Oskar come into the game I was like OMG. This is not good.

He shot confidently and was feeling it. Kudos to him. Hopefully this occurrence is not like a lunar eclipse which happens once a year or couple years.

Apply the Noah rule: if you hit shots off the bench you get more time. If not, then quick return to the bench.

GO RU

Can’t count how many posters have said “Zero minutes” for this guy or that guy. So quick to forever banish guys to the bench. There are stars, starters, role players and contributors. EVERY player has a chance to contribute.

I'm flabbergasted how little he was used in the 2nd half after the microwave finish he had to the 1st. For a team that struggles to score I do not get not giving him an early chance in 2H to see if he was still burning.
Guess he got his allotted mins and shots so time to sit. Just do not get the substitution choices in game.
Being "hot" doesn't usually last through a half.

flux will tell you there is no such thing as the hot hand as studies have been done to debunk it.

As a shooter (ex shooter) I don't believe it at all. Being hot is a thing.

@green rice fig They are the 3 pure shooters on our team. Hyatt shooting well from 3 all season but not the shooter these guys are. But when teams want to shut down our 3's they do. We also saw last night when we're missing collectively that a hot player can open big leads on us. When one guy is hitting and a threat we're pretty good on Offense.
as pure as 2023-24 Rutgers basketball can get

Being "hot" doesn't usually last through a half.

flux will tell you there is no such thing as the hot hand as studies have been done to debunk it.

As a shooter (ex shooter) I don't believe it at all. Being hot is a thing.
only one way to find out and it is not sitting or not taking another shot. This kid is a bit of a streak shooter.

only one way to find out and it is not sitting or not taking another shot. This kid is a bit of a streak shooter.
I am very satisfied with how Pike and staff managed this game. I didn't know Noah was hurt. He took a gamble playing starters a lot of minutes in the 2nd half because this was a game that couldn't be lost.

Some will roll their eyes....I am very worried about Sunday as we played a ton of minutes. Jwill again twisted his ankle? Cliff was hurt too. I will bet Jwill is limping around campus today.

I am very satisfied with how Pike and staff managed this game. I didn't know Noah was hurt. He took a gamble playing starters a lot of minutes in the 2nd half because this was a game that couldn't be lost.

Some will roll their eyes....I am very worried about Sunday as we played a ton of minutes. Jwill again twisted his ankle? Cliff was hurt too. I will bet Jwill is limping around campus today.
just calling out the one miss I saw.

Gav?
That would be something, his minutes last night were interesting😊 to say the least
My heart bleeds for this kid and I am rooting for him. But he was a disaster on both ends last night. Now that the season is back on track and we need to win, he has to learn from the bench.

And now with me having written that, you can be sure he will have 10 points and 6 boards against Minnesota.

Reactions: zappaa

We also have to remember that Mag was a late scratch, right before tip-off.

Pike gets killed for tinkering too much, and at times that criticism is warranted. But in the end he deserves credit for giving role-players their moment to shine.

My heart bleeds for this kid and I am rooting for him. But he was a disaster on both ends last night. Now that the season is back on track and we need to win, he has to learn from the bench.

And now with me having written that, you can be sure he will have 10 points and 6 boards against Minnesota.
He is next man up. I think Pike will keep him in the rotation.

Woolf vs Purdue after that

Austin wearing black vs maryland after that

• Love
Reactions: LeapinLou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT