ADVERTISEMENT

What is your Rutgers football dream schedule?

If it was a Friday night game it's the one.
I believe Teel had hurt his thumb and could barely throw so we eked out a game management win with Jabu and Ray. I was at the RAC that night but those who went said the bus driver on the TD club trip got lost either going there or coming home.

I believe Teel had hurt his thumb and could barely throw so we eked out a game management win with Jabu and Ray. I was at the RAC that night but those who went said the bus driver on the TD club trip got lost either going there or coming home.

Correct. 2 interceptions in the 1st qtr. Jabu played the last 3. And my drive back to NJ was less than pleasant.

Week 1 - vs Connecticut
Week 2 - vs Princeton
Week 3 - at Pittsburgh
Week 4 - vs Boston College
Week 5 - at Southern California
Week 6 - vs Virginia
Week 7 - vs Temple
Week 8 - at Army
Week 9 - vs Penn State
Week 10 - at West Virginia
Week 11 - at Maryland
Week 12 - vs Syracuse

Reactions: dasonata259
With all this conference movement and RU being matched up regularly against teams we would've never even dreamed about 12 years ago.

If you stripped away conferences in 2024 and RU had a competitive chance against any team in the country. You become the schedule maker for 2024. What is your dream 12 game schedule ??

Assume conferences don't exist anymore. Try to mix it up for fun rivalries + exciting new match-ups + some level of winnable games at teams current standing (but assume RU becomes at least mediocre and can compete with any given team but isn't going 12-0 unless you got all Bucknells, Delewares on there.

Here's my shot at it:

Opener: Away at Texas
Week 2: Home vs Syracuse
Week 3: Away at Michigan
Week 4: Home vs Maryland
Week 5: Home vs ND
Week 6: Away at Ole Miss
Week 7: Home vs Nebraska
Week 8: Away at LSU (night game)
Week 9: Home vs Louisville or WVU
Week 10: Away at Arizona St
Week 11: Away at UCLA
Week 12: Home vs Penn St (night game)

Conference Championship Game: in Miami vs Miami
This says, “I care about me, not the program”

This says, “I care about me, not the program”

Uhh yeah. That’s why it’s a hypothetical on a message board. And phrased as a “dream” schedule from an individuals perspective.

And who actually cares about the “programs” anymore ?? Conferences don’t. University presidents don’t. They all sold out long ago .

And the programs don’t exist without fan interest . If we scheduled Wagner’s and layfettes that might be best for the students , but ain’t gonna be best way to attract high level football and grow the program.

Uhh yeah. That’s why it’s a hypothetical on a message board. And phrased as a “dream” schedule from an individuals perspective.

And who actually cares about the “programs” anymore ?? Conferences don’t. University presidents don’t. They all sold out long ago .

And the programs don’t exist without fan interest . If we scheduled Wagner’s and layfettes that might be best for the students , but ain’t gonna be best way to attract high level football and grow the program.
You want a loaded schedule with 9/10 B1G games and then 3-4 marquee games?

And then you want to retain the right to complain about the team if they don’t post 7/8/9 wins?

@ Vanderbilt is a good one. Close to Nashville and a very winnable SEC game.
Did anyone go there when we played there back in the early 2000s?
I was there. At the time it was the biggest comeback win in school history (Down 27-3 early 3rd qtr) Later eclipsed by the Maryland comeback in 2014 (25 points), which I attended as well.
Could never understand the hype around Jay Cutler.

You want a loaded schedule with 9/10 B1G games and then 3-4 marquee games?

And then you want to retain the right to complain about the team if they don’t post 7/8/9 wins?

My intiial post stated that it was under an assumption that Rutgers was at worst mediocre and is ranked in the 20-40 range.

Also a lot of those teams have great names but aren’t world beaters.

If anyone is being honest with themselves, it’s silly to have games against non P5 teams.

To all the Negatoids, my dream schedule is to play:
#2 away, #3, #9 away, #19 away, and #25 away
…and

then add on Maryland, Mich State, VA Tech
… and

then scream like idiot when we don’t win 8 games.

For NU:
H-Oregon
A-North Carolina
A-USC
H-Penn St
A-Clemson
H-LSU
H-Ohio St
A-Miami
A-Texas A&M
H-Alabama
A-Washington
H-Oklahoma

All games at 1:30pm CST and no TV. Either be there or listen on radio like the old days.
Damn, Husker...couldn't throw us a bone and put Rutgers in there?? 😜

Reactions: huskersalways
Week 1: Penn State, always best chance to beat them in first week (Iowa second best because their offense is rarely good early on)
Week 2: Group of Five team (i.e. Temple or someone else locally)
Week 3: FCS opponent (i.e Delaware, better than Wagner)
Week 4: West Virginia (or Another Power Five former Big East rival, Syracuse, BC, Va Tech, Miami, or if desperate Louisville, Cinci)
Week 5: Michigan
Week 6: Northwestern (or lower opponent in current Big Ten West)
Week 7: Ohio State
Bye
Week 8: Indiana
Week 9: Michigan State
Week 10: better Big Ten West opponent (i.e Minnesota)
Week 11: new big Ten Pacific member (i.e. UCLA)
Week 12: Maryland

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT