ADVERTISEMENT

What's a team you want to see us play?

For a bowl game, I'd like to see us play any Pac12 or Pac16 team in the Rose Bowl.

For regular season home and homes, I'd prefer to play teams that are drivable games since we already have a lot of far away conference games on our schedule each year. So, excluding BC, anyone from Syracuse to UVa.

Originally posted by RUtrumpet92:
I want to see us play Georgia home and home for selfish reasons, Athens is a fairly short drive. That won't happen. I would say Georgia Tech, but don't really want to play against the Paul Johnson offense.
Same thing here and you could add Alabama, Auburn, Clemson and South Carolina to the list.
I think after all our battles with Navy, the Jackets offense wouldn't be so special.

South Carolina. We would push them around like we did UNC in the bowl game.

Originally posted by RU205:
South Carolina. We would push them around like we did UNC in the bowl game.
Agreed. USCeast would also be a good trip. Especially if you anyone down there who can afford a $300,000 cockaboose to tailgate next to the stadium.

Cockaboose

Home and home series with UCLA. (What happened to the original agreement with the Bruins that was on the table a few years ago?)

Originally posted by scarletschuyler:
Home and home series with UCLA. (What happened to the original agreement with the Bruins that was on the table a few years ago?)
UCLA just got pushed back to 2020-21 so you're still in luck.

Originally posted by SanFranRutgers:
Tennessee.
not just "no".. hell no!

Maybe if they would visit us with no return game.

We need to find out where the Big Ten gets its best recruits and begin to target those areas. Then start looking for games that support that strategy. Example: GS worked on Florida.. so scheduling Florida teams in home and home would support that.

Clemson, Texas A&M, Colorado are my top three. Boulder is a great town and TAMU has great traditions and atmoshpere. Someday if we ever have a spring game with an actual opponent, wouldn't be great to play in Boulder on Friday or Saturday 4/20? But that is now a year round thing there, but still, the haze itself from the Smoke Out is a sight to see.

I wouldn't mind giving Arkansas a home and home to give them a change to even the series.

With the four non-conference games on the sked, I'd like to see this set up, ideally:

At least one game with a Power 5 school
At least one game with an old Big East school (BC, Pitt, VT, WV, Temple, Louisville)
At least one game with a second edition Big East/AAC school (UCF) or CUSA
At least one game with a mid-major conference (Sun Belt), FCS/IAA or HBCU

This post was edited on 4/17 10:32 PM by Armor and Sword

I would like to see us play Rutgers @ the pig skin final 2!

CHAMPS001_zps6db155a3.jpg

A Home and Home with Temple can only help recruiting
in Southeastern PA, Delaware and South Jersey.

It would also help Rutgers expand their brand in those areas.

Temple creates away games that are very easy to get to for
many Rutgers Football fans.

And Temple isn't hard to beat, which helps prevent Rutgers
from over-scheduling themselves out of essential bowl games.

The B1G East may be the strongest division in all of college football.
Consequently, Rutgers needs to play a soft yet interesting and
strategic OOC schedule.

If Rutgers schedules top 20 football powers for regular season OOC games,
the odds that they will get to play top 20 football powers in bowl games
will be reduced and the odds that they will get essential bowl practices
will be reduced too.

The risks taken by playing top 20 football powers in regular season OOC games
outweigh the rewards.

Temple and Army(considered a Power 5 opponent by the SEC) make more sense.
This post was edited on 4/18 10:59 AM by PSUPOWER

Originally posted by PSUPOWER:
A Home and Home with Temple can only help recruiting
in Southeastern PA, Delaware and South Jersey.

It would also help Rutgers expand their brand in those areas.

It creates away games that are very easy to get to for
many Rutgers Football fans.

And if helps to prevent Rutgers from over-scheduling themselves
out of essential bowl games.

The B1G East may be the strongest division in all of college football.
there were a couple of local players that got sold on the temple dream, a few that we could have used....beating temple soundly home and away might
dispel future local kids from buying the temple pitch.

No question Florida Gators, but they don't do H and H out of state.

Luv recruiting impact.

Ole Miss, TX, USC, LSU, Bama would be fun.

You're gonna wait a while. I don't think we play you until 2018, and that's at Rutgers.

Originally posted by dollarbill:

Stanford, home and home. $$$$
Stanford has been looking for more East Coast home-home series of late...trying to get more exposure for their Univ (first goal), and wider recruiting base angle (2nd goal).

One recent year, Stanford played TEN games in the State of California, including 28 games played in California over the past 3 years...and that's why their AD/President wants to expand their normal West Coast only schedules (especially during the year's they host ND), to more East Coast sites.

Stanford has played at Army and at Duke..but the Cardinal have never played a regular season road game in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama or Mississippi...but last year, they finally signed a home-home with UCF, that starts this season.

Opportunity for Rutgers is that Virginia just cancelled a home-home series with Stanford for 207-2018 (UVA's coach/AD viewed them as 2 probable losses) and instead, UVA replaced Stanford with Indiana (2 probable wins).

Hopefully Julie (with pressure from Flood) has been on the phone to get a potential home-home series on the books.

This post was edited on 4/19 9:59 AM by Knight_Light

Rutgers and A&M both have the same weeks open in 2020 and 2021...but I'm hoping for them to meet in an SEC/B1G bowl long before then! I'd say the playoffs but who am I kidding...those chances are low as both schools are in arguably the two toughest divisions in CFB...

People thinking in terms of four OOC opponents need to realize that beginning in 2016 (or 2017?), B1G teams will be playing nine conference games, leaving just three OOC games each season. At least one of those must be a bought game each year to ensure that we have at least six home games each season. All of which reduces our options rather substantially.

Given that we already have rather distant home-and-homes set up with UCLA, U dub, Kansas, and Miami, I am not anticipating any other major OOC opponents being announced for several seasons to come.

i'm sure i'm in the minority here, but here is what i want to see:

b1g conference play
big name OOC from fertile recruiting areas (something like FSU, USC, UT, etc - will prob happen rarely)
regional "rivals" temple, uconn, syracuse (we're better than all 3 at the moment - let's make sure they see it on the field)
princeton for some kind of 150th anniversary scrimmage/event

1>Every year a old rival from BE days in the ACC now (on a rotating bases ) 2> two cupcakes ( one preferable in Florida and one close to Jersey )
3)Then a SEC, Big 12 & PAC 12 school on a rotating bases..
But when the B1G goes to 9 conference games , the (.2)two cupcakes stay and the other OCC game is rotated from the 1 & 3 selections

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT