ADVERTISEMENT

When does Greg’s seat get hot?

The entirety of 05-09, Rutgers got a ton of respect. Yeah- we had some WTF's but not a damn team around really sat there and said "can't wait to play Rutgers" - even a team like WVU that we couldn't beat- there were some brutal battles in those games.
Agree 100%

He’s fine. Already exceeded expert predictions and one more win and we go bowling so all good. Nice try though.
Stayed to the end and could not be more happier for the kids and fans who stuck it out.
However relax with the GS praise. He as always was embarrassed. An Interim coach redshirt freshman quarterback . Our QB 45 % completion percentage and 2 ints continues to move backwards. Greg severely out coached all game and it took 3 of the worst coaching moves in history by Bennett (interim) for us to win. And you are using this game to show Greg’s progress 😂.
Beat a D2 team , 2 horrific big ten teams with NO coach , an historic bad Va Tech team oh and temple lol. Qb looks worse each week but hey let’s talk about progress. Context ppl context .

Stayed to the end and could not be more happier for the kids and fans who stuck it out.
However relax with the GS praise. He as always was embarrassed. An Interim coach redshirt freshman quarterback . Our QB 45 % completion percentage and 2 ints continues to move backwards. Greg severely out coached all game and it took 3 of the worst coaching moves in history by Bennett (interim) for us to win. And you are using this game to show Greg’s progress 😂.
Beat a D2 team , 2 horrific big ten teams with NO coach , an historic bad Va Tech team oh and temple lol. Qb looks worse each week but hey let’s talk about progress. Context ppl context .
Oh I’m relaxed . We won ! You should try to relax as well and enjoy the rebuild. Oh and maybe let go of your continued hatred of this coach.

I just saw someone at a store who was at the game. Weather was terrible and yes he has to play better. Can guys catch a ball that hits them in the hands? Florida State kid caught ball yesterday with one hand. One shot coach was yelling at Strong.

So- many know I have never been a big GS fanboy. But, I did think at the end of Ash that we did need someone like him to fix program first with a high floor and then hand it to a high ceiling guy.
Greg did number one- fixed the program. But, I have not been happy with his on field performance going into this year- I went into 2023 with a prove it this year. Doesn't even have to be the record but my eyes need to see it.

I am not sure if some of you understand the game or really follow it play by play. GW has not gone backwards. You bring up 2 int...but you may not have noticed 1 of them should have actually been a 20 yard or so completion. And yes, while he is not accurate yet on every throw- the dude makes some beautiful NFL type passes. Makes some very good decisions as well.

You also call out NWU and MST - NWU is actually 3-3 and VaTech may not be great but maybe not so historically terrible either. Even our losses- We have still given Mich their best game. And it was closer than the score. Wisc- that was a good game too. Both team are better than us.

So far- 7 games in...my eyes see a marked improvement and the team going the right direction. At worst, you could say we are number 7 in the B1G. If you can't see that as an improvement, I am not sure what type of "context" you are looking for.

Maybe we do. Count ourselves fortunate that we have not had to start him.
I know you do know I was being sarcastic. GW actually had a much better game then that kid did. GW had one Int on him and that kid had only one count but 2 he threw right into our guys hands. GW also had 50 more yards then the other guy too.
But we had fans wishing for the other kid.

So- many know I have never been a big GS fanboy. But, I did think at the end of Ash that we did need someone like him to fix program first with a high floor and then hand it to a high ceiling guy.
Greg did number one- fixed the program. But, I have not been happy with his on field performance going into this year- I went into 2023 with a prove it this year. Doesn't even have to be the record but my eyes need to see it.

I am not sure if some of you understand the game or really follow it play by play. GW has not gone backwards. You bring up 2 int...but you may not have noticed 1 of them should have actually been a 20 yard or so completion. And yes, while he is not accurate yet on every throw- the dude makes some beautiful NFL type passes. Makes some very good decisions as well.

You also call out NWU and MST - NWU is actually 3-3 and VaTech may not be great but maybe not so historically terrible either. Even our losses- We have still given Mich their best game. And it was closer than the score. Wisc- that was a good game too. Both team are better than us.

So far- 7 games in...my eyes see a marked improvement and the team going the right direction. At worst, you could say we are number 7 in the B1G. If you can't see that as an improvement, I am not sure what type of "context" you are looking for.
Extremely fair but NW 3 wins Howard,Utep, and MiNN not world beaters. Va tech lost to Marshall first time in over 80 years that happened. Improvement on D absolutely. Special teams has regressed badly and offense still unwatchable.
In 4 years when rotating schedule is over some teams in the big ten will not have a seat and will be out of the big ten.
Read national coverage on RU , read how we are perceived. Read the The Athletic article from august 2023 on RU and worst big ten move ever by a conference. 250 mil in debt:
I love my school and want to be great and GS is not that guy. Continue down the SlOW rebuild and we will be out of the fbs

Good post 01 . you are right so many posters don’t know what they are looking at or follow the game . If they can’t see the improvement of this program then nothing you or I can do . The foundation is there now . We need to compete and win against all the the big teams that are not michigan , OSU and PSU. Then in the next couple of years we need to see how to make the jump to competing with those top teams. One step at a time.

Extremely fair but NW 3 wins Howard,Utep, and MiNN not world beaters. Va tech lost to Marshall first time in over 80 years that happened. Improvement on D absolutely. Special teams has regressed badly and offense still unwatchable.
In 4 years when rotating schedule is over some teams in the big ten will not have a seat and will be out of the big ten.
Read national coverage on RU , read how we are perceived. Read the The Athletic article from august 2023 on RU and worst big ten move ever by a conference. 250 mil in debt:
I love my school and want to be great and GS is not that guy. Continue down the SlOW rebuild and we will be out of the fbs
Nah

Reactions: TRU2RU
Wimsatt is our 50.9 completion percentage quarterback with 7 TDS and 4 ints, close to a 2:1 ratio, which he should have after this week.

Our two losses were to the #2 team in the country, who has destroyed everyone they faced, and we played competitively against a team who probably is #2 in the West. The difference in that game was a pick 6.

So while you’re entitled to your opinion, you can’t change facts. We’re 5-2, likely soon to be 6-2, and enjoying our best season since 2014. We are exactly where we should be, winning all the games we were supposed to win. And blowing opportunities against better competition.

You are on ignore, and with good reason. But you popped up when I wanted to see what kind of idiocy people were arguing with.

The last two head coaches won 7 B1G games in 6 years. Erase 2014, and that's 4 B1G wins in 6 years.
In 4 years, Greg has won 8 B1G games. That's progress-slow progress, but it's progress. If you deny that, then you are not being objective

No doubt, last year was a step back, and there was a reason for that.

Greg is not a world beater, but he has restored the program to respectability from being a doormat, and there is a floor to work from. Time will tell if RU can compete AND win against the upper echelon teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin. But the football team looks functional right now, and not an embarrassment.

Deion? There's only one Deion. Once his son graduates and goes to the NFL, do you really think he is going to hang around Colorado? After he leaves, they will fall back into obscurity, and what will they have left? Remember the sizzle around Mel Tucker in his second year? How did that work out for MSU? Flash in the pan coaches can burn the house down.

National coverage on RU? That article was from a Northwestern grad. Maybe he should shut the f up and write about his own team.

You love your school? You sure have a strange way of showing it. Enjoy your Sunday and the rest of the season. It has been

Wimsatt is our 50.9 completion percentage quarterback with 7 TDS and 4 ints, close to a 2:1 ratio, which he should have after this week.

Our two losses were to the #2 team in the country, who has destroyed everyone they faced, and we played competitively against a team who probably is #2 in the West. The difference in that game was a pick 6.

So while you’re entitled to your opinion, you can’t change facts. We’re 5-2, likely soon to be 6-2, and enjoying our best season since 2014. We are exactly where we should be, winning all the games we were supposed to win. And blowing opportunities against better competition.
Al you can’t reason with low football IQ posters like that guy. Who questions a coach being on the hot seat with a 5 and 2 record and has already exceeded the expert’s predictions on the season ?

We have won every 50/50 game this year. Beat Northwestern, Va Tech and MSU. Need better lineman and will be close.

Reactions: Knight Shift
So- we are 5-2 and now 2-2 - someone please show me where we have ever had that record in the B1G? And that includes an OOC that had a P5 and a G5...Don't care who their names are.
Maybe we end with 6 wins and the Pinstripe - I am ok with that if our losses are solid games.

Now- let's move to where we are as a team.
Our defense- is now elite. PPG- we are number 12 in the nation. ypg - we are number 8
ST's- Damn- Korsak spoiled our asses. but punting has been good and kickoffs - great. Return game is our issue. Patel is still a true freshman and needs improvement.
Offense- Bad as it seems. Somehow- we are number 5 in the B1G and we score more per game then anyone in the West.
We have the top RB...that helps- and his backups are pretty good too. And a QB that has also added almost 200 yds and 4 TD
Passing - not great but at least not the worst- 3 teams worse.
GW in particular. He is 19...think about that. has been responsible for 11 TD and 4 TO and get this- he has thrown/run for more yds than our opposing QB's.
He has thrown some WTF's but also some passes we have not seen in a long time. He throws the ball away when he should and gets out of many sacks.
And his weapons are a walkon that many on this board thought was not worth a scholarship- a transfer and his two best targets not playing. With a OL that has adapted but certainly no NFL prospects on it except for Pierce and that is mostly because of size. What would GW stats look like if he had Britt/Underwood/Brown as WR's and any of the OL's between 05-09?

Can't some people just enjoy this season so far and maybe take off the burnt glasses.

As of last week: Colorado more highly rated almost across the board. Very tough to compare as they don’t play each other, play very different styles and are in different conferences, however.

Their best win is TCU (4 wins). Their other wins are Nebraska (ranked less than NW in the West), CSU (3 wins) and ASU (1 win). How that is better than the 5 teams we beat, with only 2 road losses to teams with winning records- and not getting beatdowns like they did versus Oregon and a terrible loss to Stanford- is something.

Reactions: Wolv RU
Don't forget Leapin Leopold. Not like his team is also 5-2 right now, right?

How about hats off to Hafley? I guess they had a bye this week, they needed the rest after 3 wins, all by 3 points, to powerhouses UVA (no P5 wins), UMass and my personal favorite powerhouse, Holy Cross.
Leipold like Greg took over a bad program and looks like he's slowly building a winner like Schiano is doing
Both look like they might be successful, but there are chapters in their books still to be read.
Deion got a jump start but no one knows if he;ll be aa flash in the pan his first season and wind up like burnt toast his second.
Sanders has become a success story before the first chapter had even been read.
He was deemed a sucess before his book wa opened
The second chapter might be good or we'll see writers block.

Just about everyone claimed a better choice than Greg have proven not to be

Leipold like Greg took over a bad program and looks like he's slowly building a winner like Schiano is doing
Both look like they might be successful, but there are chapters in their books still to be read.
Deion got a jump start but no one knows if he;ll be aa flash in the pan his first season and wind up like burnt toast his second.
Sanders has become a success story before the first chapter had even been read.
He was deemed a sucess before his book wa opened
The second chapter might be good or we'll see writers block.

Just about everyone claimed a better choice than Greg have proven not to be

How about Elko at Duke?

Reactions: Jimpeg
I just saw someone at a store who was at the game. Weather was terrible and yes he has to play better. Can guys catch a ball that hits them in the hands? Florida State kid caught ball yesterday with one hand. One shot coach was yelling at Strong.
C'mon man.. that rain made both sides make such mistakes. I wondered if there are special gloves they can use for rainy days.. or if bare hands are better in rain.

How about Elko at Duke?
He would have been a fair choice an don't think many would have whined about him being hired.
BUT would he accepted the job and staked his future career on a program that historically never supported it's football program very well and played cheap when discussing salary.
I feel the better candidates people wanted here wouldn't come because finding success at Rutgers meant asking for and receiving more than the AD could give

My thoughts are Hobbs couldn't get the good ones interested, the up and coming ones didn't want to take a chance, others used any interest Rutgers might have shown though 3rd parties to get a better deal where they were at or use any talks to prove they were looking for a job but made sure Rutgers knew it would take more than they offered
to have them accept basically shutting the door gently behind them , making Rutgers
know getting Ash's replacement wouldn't be cheap.

Hell Hobbs and Schiano couldn't agree at first and Greg wasn't the hottest HC candidate around for any open job.
For Greg it was either an assistant or stay home and see games on TV
Don't fool yourself Rutgers isn't a plumb job
When Greg was hired Elko probably thought he'd be risking his career on a program that refused to pay the price it would cost for him to be a success there
Greg got most of what he wanted because he had many fans pushing for him and Elko anyone wouldn't get Hobbs to put what was needed for them to xuceed into the program only Schiano had that type of backing and he didn't get everything he demanded but had no where else to go if he wanted to be a HC again

So all the "what about him " questions are meaningless, they were never coming inthe first place unless Rutgers was willing to give them what they needed to suceed here
Before Greg came in 2001 RU was a HC graveyard.
When he leeft the two who came after him faild and there wan't anyone who wanted to be fitted for the RU ciach coffin unless tey had the type of support they felt would bring sucess. Hobbs wan't offering that and they walked by the Cematary called football Rutgers was living in

Schiano's being hired over others posters here suggestse is just a case of you can't always get what you want, so settle for the one you need!!! ( and stop complaining about that)

He would have been a fair choice an don't think many would have whined about him being hired.
BUT would he accepted the job and staked his future career on a program that historically never supported it's football program very well and played cheap when discussing salary.
I feel the better candidates people wanted here wouldn't come because finding success at Rutgers meant asking for and receiving more than the AD could give

My thoughts are Hobbs couldn't get the good ones interested, the up and coming ones didn't want to take a chance, others used any interest Rutgers might have shown though 3rd parties to get a better deal where they were at or use any talks to prove they were looking for a job but made sure Rutgers knew it would take more than they offered
to have them accept basically shutting the door gently behind them , making Rutgers
know getting Ash's replacement wouldn't be cheap.

Hell Hobbs and Schiano couldn't agree at first and Greg wasn't the hottest HC candidate around for any open job.
For Greg it was either an assistant or stay home and see games on TV
Don't fool yourself Rutgers isn't a plumb job
When Greg was hired Elko probably thought he'd be risking his career on a program that refused to pay the price it would cost for him to be a success there
Greg got most of what he wanted because he had many fans pushing for him and Elko anyone wouldn't get Hobbs to put what was needed for them to xuceed into the program only Schiano had that type of backing and he didn't get everything he demanded but had no where else to go if he wanted to be a HC again

So all the "what about him " questions are meaningless, they were never coming inthe first place unless Rutgers was willing to give them what they needed to suceed here
Before Greg came in 2001 RU was a HC graveyard.
When he leeft the two who came after him faild and there wan't anyone who wanted to be fitted for the RU ciach coffin unless tey had the type of support they felt would bring sucess. Hobbs wan't offering that and they walked by the Cematary called football Rutgers was living in

Schiano's being hired over others posters here suggestse is just a case of you can't always get what you want, so settle for the one you need!!! ( and stop complaining about that)

Yes he would have…we have to stop with this victim mindset that no one wants to come here..we are in the best conference in the country in the largest market in the country.

I know you do know I was being sarcastic. GW actually had a much better game then that kid did. GW had one Int on him and that kid had only one count but 2 he threw right into our guys hands. GW also had 50 more yards then the other guy too.
But we had fans wishing for the other kid.
It was three passes that went through our DB’s hands.

same

jury still out for me but we're not being embarassed!

You are on ignore, and with good reason. But you popped up when I wanted to see what kind of idiocy people were arguing with.

The last two head coaches won 7 B1G games in 6 years. Erase 2014, and that's 4 B1G wins in 6 years.
In 4 years, Greg has won 8 B1G games. That's progress-slow progress, but it's progress. If you deny that, then you are not being objective

No doubt, last year was a step back, and there was a reason for that.

Greg is not a world beater, but he has restored the program to respectability from being a doormat, and there is a floor to work from. Time will tell if RU can compete AND win against the upper echelon teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin. But the football team looks functional right now, and not an embarrassment.

Deion? There's only one Deion. Once his son graduates and goes to the NFL, do you really think he is going to hang around Colorado? After he leaves, they will fall back into obscurity, and what will they have left? Remember the sizzle around Mel Tucker in his second year? How did that work out for MSU? Flash in the pan coaches can burn the house down.

National coverage on RU? That article was from a Northwestern grad. Maybe he should shut the f up and write about his own team.

You love your school? You sure have a strange way of showing it. Enjoy your Sunday and the rest of the season. It has been
Hi honey!

The last two coaches are an AD problem “, and why were we forced into that problem? Who left us high and drive in the last minute?

We both can list ten coaches minimum who were hired in the last 4 years who have had Far Far more success then us. Past coaches have nothing to do with Greg’s replacement.

Not ONE big ten team would have kept GS after last year. We say we want to be a true big ten FBS team but settle for completed ineptitude.

Agreed that any coach will find it very difficult to compete against the power house teams of the big team every year.

Deion I could care less but he instantly solves our deficit problem in RU athletics. Raises more money and brings instant respectability all be it for a brief time. Stadium would ACTUALLY be filled and other coaches could see what RU can be. Shit the Phillies are showing up to playoff games is Colorado sweatshirts. You need to think broader then New Brunswick.

You mention Tucker for what reason? Burn what house down? The interim coach put it on GS all day. Made 3 huge mistakes late but he’s an interim coach so expected. Once they hire an actual new head coach MSU will instantly be better then RU and ranked before we ever will be.

You mention one article . Yes NW written article but take the time to read all of the RU coverage. Understand how we’re are looked at outside of your tiny world.

I understand your brother is a great energy guy and motivator but coaching has past him by.

My Sunday has been tremendous. Spending time with the kids and a little apple picking. I’ll save one for you.

I find it hysterical after how embarrassing we played that ppl want to come on here and brag or boast about GS facing an interim staff and true freshman QB and that’s how we played.

Hi honey!

The last two coaches are an AD problem “, and why were we forced into that problem? Who left us high and drive in the last minute?

We both can list ten coaches minimum who were hired in the last 4 years who have had Far Far more success then us. Past coaches have nothing to do with Greg’s replacement.

Not ONE big ten team would have kept GS after last year. We say we want to be a true big ten FBS team but settle for completed ineptitude.

Agreed that any coach will find it very difficult to compete against the power house teams of the big team every year.

Deion I could care less but he instantly solves our deficit problem in RU athletics. Raises more money and brings instant respectability all be it for a brief time. Stadium would ACTUALLY be filled and other coaches could see what RU can be. Shit the Phillies are showing up to playoff games is Colorado sweatshirts. You need to think broader then New Brunswick.

You mention Tucker for what reason? Burn what house down? The interim coach put it on GS all day. Made 3 huge mistakes late but he’s an interim coach so expected. Once they hire an actual new head coach MSU will instantly be better then RU and ranked before we ever will be.

You mention one article . Yes NW written article but take the time to read all of the RU coverage. Understand how we’re are looked at outside of your tiny world.

I understand your brother is a great energy guy and motivator but coaching has past him by.

My Sunday has been tremendous. Spending time with the kids and a little apple picking. I’ll save one for you.

I find it hysterical after how embarrassing we played that ppl want to come on here and brag or boast about GS facing an interim staff and true freshman QB and that’s how we played.
NWU/MST/Indiana say- hold my beer

My numbers were based on his performance in the MSU game. Sorry if I was unclear or misleading..

You are correct he is 51 % ( rounded up) 7 TDs and 4 ints through 7 games. FBS D1 starting qb 7 tds through 7 games.

Yes UM and Wisconsin are the losers . Last week everyone said we lost to the west winner Wisconsin. What happened?? Why number 2 now? Wisconsin having a bad year and isn’t very good. MSU and NW have NO head coach. Context people.

Reread what you wrote. It makes zero sense.
Absolutely true ! Lol
Meaning they would not hire him so I doubt they would have a problem firing him. Said differently if another coach not named Greg at MSU,NW, or Indiana put out that product we had on the field last year. That coach would be gone before the year was over. We say we want to be big time but never act big time

My numbers were based on his performance in the MSU game. Sorry if I was unclear or misleading..

You are correct he is 51 % ( rounded up) 7 TDs and 4 ints through 7 games. FBS D1 starting qb 7 tds through 7 games.

Yes UM and Wisconsin are the losers . Last week everyone said we lost to the west winner Wisconsin. What happened?? Why number 2 now? Wisconsin having a bad year and isn’t very good. MSU and NW have NO head coach. Context people.
nice to ignore his 4 TD on the ground...They do count.

As for Saturday's game-
1) He won his 5th game
2) you liked to mention the 2 Int's...you did watch the game? The 2 are in the stat book but please don't tell me that 1st one was on him instead of a 15 yd gain.
and for the season
Somehow, as crappy as he is, he is leading an offense that is 5th in scoring in the B1G and more points per game then any of the West teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT