• pittsburgh

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • providence

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • got it right

Votes: 27 18.6%

• Total voters
I’m getting tired of hearing about how the big east is so tough

If you take out four games against DePaul and Georgetown …they play a 16 game schedule …and it’s just not as grueling .

Now, having said that

Seton hall still went 9-7 outside DePaul and Georgetown …so it completely checked the boxes in their confrnce …but their out of confreence schedule … losses to Rutgers, Iowa and USC (a NIT team
And two sub .500 teams from the power 6)….that cost them a bid.

I’m getting tired of hearing about how the big east is so tough

If you take out four games against DePaul and Georgetown …they play a 16 game schedule …and it’s just not as grueling .

Now, having said that

Seton hall still went 9-7 outside DePaul and Georgetown …so it completely checked the boxes in their confrnce …but their out of confreence schedule … losses to Rutgers, Iowa and USC (a NIT team
And two sub .500 teams from the power 6)….that cost them a bid.

exactly..their ooc stuff was so damaging...they need to schedule tougher..thats why I keep saying RU has to schedule tougher...northwestern and Nebraska had poor ooc but they won what 21 and 23 games

msu got in at 18-14 because their sos was insane

Seton Hall because they defeated UConn and finished fourth in the Big East.Its outrageous Big East only got three bids.
Big East was really hurt by the 2 absolutely terrible teams at the bottom of their conference - 3-29 DePaul and 9-23 Georgetown. That gave every decent BE team 4 automatic wins and really dragged down the conference ranking. Their bubble teams also had bad OCC losses - Nova lost to Drexel, St. joes and Penn; SHU lost to RU and USC, both bottom dwelling P5 teams; and SJU lost to an awful Michigan team.

Reactions: shields
I'm not going to argue UVA over a couple of teams, but the things people kept saying about Seton Hall beating UConn, but Clingan went out of that game early in the 2nd half. That margin of victory was inflated with Clingan missing the final 15 minutes of that game. Mix in a couple of missed games by Kadary Richmond and the OOC losses and the resume probably squeaks in most years.

I also think that losing to St John's at MSG in the Big East didn't help, because apparently St John's wasn't remotely close to a bid either. I think if they beat St John's and have a close loss to UConn the next night, they would have an iron-clad argument. The St John's resume was flimsy and aided by our local media people, pumping them up.

Big East was really hurt by the 2 absolutely terrible teams at the bottom of their conference - 3-29 DePaul and 9-23 Georgetown. That gave every decent BE team 4 automatic wins and really dragged down the conference ranking. Their bubble teams also had bad OCC losses - Nova lost to Drexel, St. joes and Penn; SHU lost to RU and USC, both bottom dwelling P5 teams; and SJU lost to an awful Michigan team.

Yep those should Q3 be games not Q4...thats the issue here

I'm not going to argue UVA over a couple of teams, but the things people kept saying about Seton Hall beating UConn, but Clingan went out of that game early in the 2nd half. That margin of victory was inflated with Clingan missing the final 15 minutes of that game. Mix in a couple of missed games by Kadary Richmond and the OOC losses and the resume probably squeaks in most years.

I also think that losing to St John's at MSG in the Big East didn't help, because apparently St John's wasn't remotely close to a bid either. I think if they beat St John's and have a close loss to UConn the next night, they would have an iron-clad argument. The St John's resume was flimsy and aided by our local media people, pumping them up.

Well if not for bid stealers yesterday they were in

I agree with everything you said…. But eye test throws me off… lol

I felt OK, 4-12 isn’t great in quad one but 16 is a lot of Q1 games. What was Virginia 2-7?

That 4-12 showed they do not win often

Just 2 wins vs teams in the field

Virginia was 8-3 in q2
I hear you but I don’t like the crossing of the quads. Quad 2 wins aren’t quad 1 wins. OK has twice the quad one wins. It’s like when Q4 wins used to be the worst, but then it started being Q3 and Q4 losses grouped together. Now it’s Q1 and 2 wins grouped together. Why not just have two groupings instead of 4? Bac you know those stuff way better than me, so I’m sure you’re right. I was just stating my case for OK being a better winning % in more games than VA. Splitting hairs for the last spot.

Reactions: bac2therac
I hear you but I don’t like the crossing of the quads. Quad 2 wins aren’t quad 1 wins. OK has twice the quad one wins. It’s like when Q4 wins used to be the worst, but then it started being Q3 and Q4 losses grouped together. Now it’s Q1 and 2 wins grouped together. Why not just have two groupings instead of 4? Bac you know those stuff way better than me, so I’m sure you’re right. I was just stating my case for OK being a better winning % in more games than VA. Splitting hairs for the last spot.
those Q1 wins were at Cincy and at UCF so we can debate the quality there

it was a tough call..both had clean profiles....OU also had sneaky good wins over Iowa and Providence that I thought would be the difference makers...but I am positive that Bubba from UNC influenced the UVA decision giving 5 to this league over 9 from the Big 12...perhaps a cap

next year we have leagues at 18 so we should see 10 or 11 bid Big 12

This is the problem when local media people who literally follow NFL 12 months of the year and can't name the starting 5 for St. Johns, Seton Hall or Providence, but have an audience, create a firestorm. It's frigging hilarious at this point and it's all Big East nonsense. None of these people said a word last year for RU.

Seton Hall is eerily similar to us last year. We both thought we were in, we gave SHU a bad loss at home similar to what they did to us last year at home, we both beat a number 1 team (ours on the road), and they were the 2nd team out. I remember even though we thought we were the biggest snub, we actually weren’t.

Reactions: ILikePike
No such things as snubs once you get down to the last 4 teams in and out. There’s always a case for some and who gets in is immaterial.

This is the problem when local media people who literally follow NFL 12 months of the year and can't name the starting 5 for St. Johns, Seton Hall or Providence, but have an audience, create a firestorm. It's frigging hilarious at this point and it's all Big East nonsense. None of these people said a word last year for RU.

this

i wonder if he knows that St Johns has one win vs the field. He wants to put all the Big East teams in...well he better tell me the 3 schools he is taking out

No such things as snubs once you get down to the last 4 teams in and out. There’s always a case for some and who gets in is immaterial.
and if they expand the same thing will happen

honestly im kind of glad we had bid stealers because it made sorting those last 4 out easier

Reactions: RUsojo
exactly..their ooc stuff was so damaging...they need to schedule tougher..thats why I keep saying RU has to schedule tougher...northwestern and Nebraska had poor ooc but they won what 21 and 23 games

msu got in at 18-14 because their sos was insane
Dayton says hello

Seton Hall is eerily similar to us last year. We both thought we were in, we gave SHU a bad loss at home similar to what they did to us last year at home, we both beat a number 1 team (ours on the road), and they were the 2nd team out. I remember even though we thought we were the biggest snub, we actually weren’t.
yeah im at peace with last year..we freefalled and we had 4 Q3 losses and did nothing ooc with a poor sos ooc

Reactions: Mr Magoo
10-10 in Q1/2 no loss outside Q1/2 sor I believe was 32,,,,4 road wins in Q1/2

and a big thing people forget....Q3.....7-0 in Q3 for 17-10....those are strong numbers

Reactions: King of S
If SHU was RU this entire place would be in meltdown mode.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT