ADVERTISEMENT

wow..another 22 turnovers today...avg 17 TO's last 9 games...

DennisHajekRC84

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
you can't win giving up that many possessions when you're offensively challenged.
one player with 4 and another with 6 alone.

20,18,19,10,18,11,18,14,22 THAT is WAY too many...we've completely lost focus we had earlier in the year.

Reactions: RU MAN
you can't win giving up that many possessions when you're offensively challenged.

20,18,19,10,18,11,18,14,22 THAT is WAY too many...we've completely lost focus we had earlier in the year.
We haven’t lost focus the level of competition has increased and there is a direct correlation

Reactions: ScarletDave
Just got back from game. Maryland is good but the passing today was horrific. how many lazy passes did we throw? And Carey needs to play better.

Reactions: rimsky
We haven’t lost focus the level of competition has increased and there is a direct correlation
Disagree. Bad passes are bad passes, increased comp usually means increase focus (for good teams). I've observed increased sloppiness and carelessness.

Just got back from game. Maryland is good but the passing today was horrific. how many lazy passes did we throw? And Carey needs to play better.
Had a crush on her game but her and Tyler game has really taken steps back last 10. Can't win without these two playing A game.

I think part of the problem with turnovers in the last two games is because KK is out with the elbow injury and Cryor is having to play a lot more minutes than she is used to.

Reactions: dmd78
I think part of the problem with turnovers in the last two games is because KK is out with the elbow injury and Cryor is having to play a lot more minutes than she is used to.
Cept that its a nine game thing and I could have gone back and looked even further..

On the radio post-game , Coach Eatman discusses the bad decision-making - which was a factor in many of the TO’s, although some were lazy passes combined with a lack of court awareness.

On the radio post-game , Coach Eatman discusses the bad decision-making - which was a factor in many of the TO’s, although some were lazy passes combined with a lack of court awareness.

That should say *discussed*.

RU’s TOs from 1/03 :
Illinois: Rutgers had 10 , Illi 21
Penn St game : RU 12 TOs to their 19
Purdue: RU 20 Tos , they had 20 as well.
Minnesota : RU 18 , they had 24
Penn St: RU’s 19 to their 18
Nebraska : RU 10 ,20 for them
Indiana : 18 for RU , 17 for Indiana
Maryland : RU 11, Maryland 18
Michigan: RU with 18, Michigan with 26
Ohio St: 14 for Rutgers, OSU 12
(Today) Maryland: 22 for Rutgers and Maryland only had half ( 11) of that total.
But the turnover difference in every game from 1/03/2018 ( except for today’s game) hasn’t been by much when RU has the most TOs.
RU needs to cut down the TOs to at least 15 or it could spell trouble the way the RU O is playing.

That said, my opinion is: with Tyler seeming in a shooting slump ( maybe caused by hitting a wall physically ) RU needs to cut down on it’s TOs far more than when Scafie was hitting her shots better.
Can’t say she hit a wall, but looks like her shot isn’t going in as much as it did in the early and middle part of season.
Some might say :it’s the competition, I say it might be her tiring more easily since she didn’t play last year and her body ( no matter what type of conditioning program she used to get ready for this season) isn’t completely ready to go all out for a full season.

RU’s TOs from 1/03 :
Illinois: Rutgers had 10 , Illi 21
Penn St game : RU 12 TOs to their 19
Purdue: RU 20 Tos , they had 20 as well.
Minnesota : RU 18 , they had 24
Penn St: RU’s 19 to their 18
Nebraska : RU 10 ,20 for them
Indiana : 18 for RU , 17 for Indiana
Maryland : RU 11, Maryland 18
Michigan: RU with 18, Michigan with 26
Ohio St: 14 for Rutgers, OSU 12
(Today) Maryland: 22 for Rutgers and Maryland only had half ( 11) of that total.
But the turnover difference in every game from 1/03/2018 ( except for today’s game) hasn’t been by much when RU has the most TOs.
RU needs to cut down the TOs to at least 15 or it could spell trouble the way the RU O is playing.

That said, my opinion is: with Tyler seeming in a shooting slump ( maybe caused by hitting a wall physically ) RU needs to cut down on it’s TOs far more than when Scafie was hitting her shots better.
Can’t say she hit a wall, but looks like her shot isn’t going in as much as it did in the early and middle part of season.
Some might say :it’s the competition, I say it might be her tiring more easily since she didn’t play last year and her body ( no matter what type of conditioning program she used to get ready for this season) isn’t completely ready to go all out for a full season.
There's no doubt we turnover other teams...but rebounding, steals, and fewer tos makes up the difference with lower shooting %. I definitely think TS has hit a physical hurdle being out all last year..but she isn't the to machine that others have become.

Turnovers are never good, but some are a byproduct of your style of play. Up tempo teams try long passes that go awry or get stolen, but you keep them to a minimum and others lead to easy baskets. I don't think that is our issue. We have too many errors of commission on the bad side. These shouldn't be happening this late in the season regardless of the competition. Not every defensive player makes a great play to cause a RU TO. No reason for us not to protect the ball better and cut down on our mistakes. This is true for most teams, but even more crucial when you have trouble scoring.

Reactions: bac2therac
Lazy passes, missed lay ups, poor shot selection, lacking intensity, jogging back on defense, they don’t play as team - so frustrating to watch.

Reactions: bac2therac
Despite KK being out and us having our worst game giving the ball away, we still had #9 in the country within reach. Refs were atrocious today, that impacted the game. Don't use final score if you want to make an argument to any of this, you know better. We made mistakes but it's getting ridiculous with the talk after some of these games. UMD is still one of the elite in WBB and we gave them a showing. Now let's go win the last 3 and ride some momentum into March.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT