ADVERTISEMENT

“Who Is The Most Famous Person In Your Contacts?”

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Maybe not famous but a former co-worker and one-time LinkedIn contact of mine was convicted of murder. 😟

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Rokodesh and Scangg
A good friend of both mine (and of @RU848789's) stopped by to catch up a couple weeks ago. He's known for posing thought provoking questions. And sure enough, he had one.

His question was: if you had the choice between (a) only living another year, but being guaranteed of making a world-renowned mark on human history, or (b) living another 50 years in obscurity, which would you choose?

Turns out, a lot of people choose (a). Which I find surprising and hard to fathom.

As for me, I'll take several helpings of the obscurity please.

A good friend of both mine (and of @RU848789's) stopped by to catch up a couple weeks ago. He's known for posing thought provoking questions. And sure enough, he had one.

His question was: if you had the choice between (a) only living another year, but being guaranteed of making a world-renowned mark on human history, or (b) living another 50 years in obscurity, which would you choose?

Turns out, a lot of people choose (a). Which I find surprising and hard to fathom.

As for me, I'll take several helpings of the obscurity please.
Yeah, sounds like J, lol. I'd take 50 (more) years of obscurity, thanks, assuming it's not all as a frail elderly person

Reactions: mildone
Yeah, sounds like J, lol. I'd take 50 (more) years of obscurity, thanks, assuming it's not all as a frail elderly person
Yup, J. He would opt for (a) which surprised me. Perhaps a topic to discuss on the 28th, if any of us remembers.

Stephen A. Smith.

Second most famous? My Uncle Gene, maybe? It's like a 500-way tie for second.

Almost forgot, Miles Hunt, former lead singer of the band The Wonder Stuff (they were huge in the UK/Europe in the late 80s/early 90s), but only made it onto alternative radio in the US, after being featured a bunch by Matt Pinfield. I've told this story a few times, but Matt arranged for Miles to do my proposal to my now wife for me on stage at a show at the Fastlane in AP in 1990 (our 10 or so friends all knew it was coming, but she didn't - she said yes, luckily).

Dick Vitale.
Don't answer if you don't want to, but when you call Dick Vitale's Florida number, his main business direct number, who answers the phone? Many years ago I did some project with Dick and every time I called one specific person in Dick's world always picked up the phone.

Don't answer if you don't want to, but when you call Dick Vitale's Florida number, his main business direct number, who answers the phone? Many years ago I did some project with Dick and every time I called one specific person in Dick's world always picked up the phone.
It might be his daughter. I’m guessing because she has responded to me a number of times.

It might be his daughter. I’m guessing because she has responded to me a number of times.
Yes always his daughter. In our case she would handle 90% of the call and then rope in her dad for the last two minutes. His energy and enthusiasm are real and genuine.

Reactions: rubaseball78
I remember years back forgetting my phone in a rental car at Denver airport and having a slight panic attack that someone would go through my phone and share some of the “famous” people’s numbers I had in there on the internet. This was pre-iPhone days. I decided it was worth the risk of missing my flight to get my phone back. Managed to get it and make it back right before they closed the plane door.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT