ADVERTISEMENT

1/3 Of Student Section Roped Off

Most embarrassing moment was seeing the team honored about the Bowl win and then they all left. They should have just waited and did their presentation rather than taking up the space.

Unfortunately Football is more important.
That’s on GS
Its a respect factor
And another reason to put them behind the band

Reactions: bac2therac
Some just won’t get as to why this day is special for football recruiting but 1 year from today will bitch and moan about Schiano.

Reactions: wheezer
The team got honored and it was thus disrespectful for them to leave. As grown ups sometimes there is just stuff you have to do. And they missed a great second half.

Reactions: MrsScrew
There’s valid arguments on both sides of the topic here. Of course football recruiting is important and this has been happening for years and it was bad timing that we are playing Purdue this weekend but in the end the biggest issue it’s a crap idea and poor look by Schiano to have his team take 80 seat away from other students and then let them leave midway through the first half.

There’s valid arguments on both sides of the topic here. Of course football recruiting is important and this has been happening for years and it was bad timing that we are playing Purdue this weekend but in the end the biggest issue it’s a crap idea and poor look by Schiano to have his team take 80 seat away from other students and then let them leave midway through the first half.
This has been done for many many seasons. Every year when it comes about the whine. If it hasn’t changed in all those years it ain’t gonna change until there is a separate recruit area. Schiano and Pikiell understand the reasons. It’s only one game and let’s be realistic we aren’t NCAA bound

This has been done for many many seasons. Every year when it comes about the whine. If it hasn’t changed in all those years it ain’t gonna change until there is a separate recruit area. Schiano and Pikiell understand the reasons. It’s only one game and let’s be realistic we aren’t NCAA bound
one game... i bet you they are there in two weeks for that saturday game too

Reactions: RUBOB72
Some just won’t get as to why this day is special for football recruiting but 1 year from today will bitch and moan about Schiano.
It’s important for football??? We’re playing the #2 team in America with the national player of the year on national broadcast tv and Schiano takes a third of the student section away. It’s obscene. Do better.

It’s important for football??? We’re playing the #2 team in America with the national player of the year on national broadcast tv and Schiano takes a third of the student section away. It’s obscene. Do better.
And you cry about Schiano hosting 80 football players? Please GTFA

Reactions: NoMoreDonations
BTW: Rutgers fans will never understand it’s all one sports program. Go anywhere else and you would not hear the crying and crocodile tears.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersBandAlum
They should have stayed the whole game

BTW: Rutgers fans will never understand it’s all one sports program. Go anywhere else and you would not hear the crying and crocodile tears.
You can also go anywhere and find people that actually know what crocodile tears means.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
And you certainly are the essence of one who cries crocodile tears. Whining about 80 kids is simply dumb. They are also potential future Rutgers players . 80 seats is not going to cause major harm to students.

It's the football teams well as football recruits.

Middle section & band section filled to the rafters

Edit: football players went back to their seats after showing off the PSB trophy & tossing tee shirts....only to get their coats & leave. 😞. Top half of the left side is now basically empty
It's really disappointing the football team did that for a huge game like this. I hope there is some pushback the next time they want to do something like this again. Bad look, and Schiano should have made it mandatory they stay the whole game and really support the team - especially with recruits there.

Reactions: RUbbFannn
They never have . The players are there all day so some just want to head on home . it is a yearly thing several times .
Next time just have them come when we are playing LIU or Stone Hill if this is their reaction.....they are taking up valuable real estate for a big game. If you want to honor them at a big game like this then simply be up front with them - we are being honored at the 12 minute mark of the 1st half, if you want to watch the whole game you have a seat and if not we wont have a seat for you, but you will still be honored and you can leave after the ceremony. Again I am disgusted Schiano would let that happen - how disrespectful. And if you think it's not a big deal or optics don't matter - read this thread and the reactions for the most part.

When they interview football recruits at the end of the weekend visit, many have mentioned going to the basketball game as one of the highlights of the trip, if not the favorite thing

Its one more thing to show the recruit, how the fans of our school can be passionate for a sport

A friend of mine brought his high school senior daughter to the game last night
He hopes she considers RU as her next destination
I did see them on the way out and it looked like she really enjoyed it

You never know what puts a recruit over the top in their selection. We need everything we can do, and this is one thing we can

Its one or two games a year, we all knew they will do this, so the yearly thread of bitching won't change it anyway

Next time just have them come when we are playing LIU or Stone Hill if this is their reaction.....they are taking up valuable real estate for a big game. If you want to honor them at a big game like this then simply be up front with them - we are being honored at the 12 minute mark of the 1st half, if you want to watch the whole game you have a seat and if not we wont have a seat for you, but you will still be honored and you can leave after the ceremony. Again I am disgusted Schiano would let that happen - how disrespectful. And if you think it's not a big deal or optics don't matter - read this thread and the reactions for the most part.
Yesterday was the PERFECT game… you worry too much about nothing.

When they interview football recruits at the end of the weekend visit, many have mentioned going to the basketball game as one of the highlights of the trip, if not the favorite thing

Its one more thing to show the recruit, how the fans of our school can be passionate for a sport

A friend of mine brought his high school senior daughter to the game last night
He hopes she considers RU as her next destination
I did see them on the way out and it looked like she really enjoyed it

You never know what puts a recruit over the top in their selection. We need everything we can do, and this is one thing we can

Its one or two games a year, we all knew they will do this, so the yearly thread of bitching won't change it anyway
What is surprising to me and I’m a longer time Rutgers fan than most is how this is a yearly complaint . You know they have done this before… will do it again… and the same will occur.

Reactions: wheezer
I really can't believe how many people have a problem with this. RAC was deafening yesterday the entire second half. It's great that all these recruits got to witness that. Guarantee it worked on a few of them an their families and now Rutgers is in a better position because of it.

It is a really bad look that the team left after halftime though. The current players should've been down low and cheering their asses off if they want to show that FAMILY culture to these recruits. I'm actually surprised Schiano wasn't all over that being the micro-manager we've all been told he is. But I LOVED seeing Gavin and Rochelle in the student section two years ago just being fans and cheering for the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT